MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

6 hours ago, SMLDC said:

Nice! Did they offer $36K total or annually? That's a big difference. Seems like a lot of schools are generally trying to shave overall tuition costs down to $50-70K total with scholarship aid taken off. Is that what others are seeing?

Edited by Mindfu1ness

1 hour ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Did the email direct you to look on the portal or was it just in the body of the email? I refreshed my email and nothing?‍♀️

The email straight to me - I didn’t even check the portal. I crossed it off a while ago, so I forgot about it haha. 

2 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

I am STILL waiting on CU. At this point I’ve written them off and have all but committed to Denver. That’s even with an interview with Penn on Thursday. Waiting has been such a blow to my self esteem that I found myself questioning grad school in general. 

Just remember no response doesn’t mean bad news! I’ve found in my experience the school I got rejected to, I heard back immediately (before acceptances even went out). They may even have a different process for candidates that are still in UG, I’ve read somewhere that the spots are a lot more limited for those incoming students. But do not fret! Like someone else mentioned - people don’t post rejections, so it looks like everyone’s getting in, but very skewed. 

I Think having positive vibes helps a lot! Especially when having your patience tested. But do not let grad programs determine your self worth, especially when it’s 1-2 people assessing your profile. You do not need an acceptance from a special program to validate you are valuable to social work. Anyone willing to choose to help people, is worthy. Plain and simple. You got this!

So I’m trying to estimate how much I may receive in scholarship from CU. If anyone feels comfortable sharing about how much they received, that would be great. Cost of attendance obviously plays a large role in decisions for grad school, and with deadlines approaching it would be great to get some insight! 

Hiya- Did anybody apply for financial aid to CU AFTER they were accepted? I was so busy with the application process that I did not have time to get it done until after, then had to get all of my tax info from back home, so I finally just submitted my FAFSA Sunday night. I saw on my account tonight that it was processed. 

If anybody else applied after they were accepted, how long did it take for your information to get processed and for you to receive your package? Thanks ?

1 minute ago, Behaviorscience said:

Congrats!!?

Thank you! This morning I woke up and had the unshakeable feeling I’d know something today and apparently this was it :)

9 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Thank you! This morning I woke up and had the unshakeable feeling I’d know something today and apparently this was it :)

I've learned to listen to that feeling! I'm so very happy for you! I'm on baited breath for my two choices. Uchicago is my first choice and Depaul is second, I wish I could leave Illinois but my children are still in school. How long had you been waiting to hear back from NYU?

14 minutes ago, Behaviorscience said:

I've learned to listen to that feeling! I'm so very happy for you! I'm on baited breath for my two choices. Uchicago is my first choice and Depaul is second, I wish I could leave Illinois but my children are still in school. How long had you been waiting to hear back from NYU?

I applied Jan 11th so almost an exact month. This adds a whole layer of complication as I thought I was going to decide on Denver but now I have more options. :)

On 2/5/2020 at 12:41 AM, Mmgaf said:

If it helps, I know that I'm going to be declining my CU offer soon so that's one spot at least! Just curious, what's the Penn online program?

Hey, sorry for the late response, just saw this. Its a course on leadership strategy for prevention of violence and abuse. 

31 minutes ago, CluMSW said:

got rejected by NYU :( feel stupid for thinking i had a shot...

losing my hope on CU...

NO!!! Don't you dare feel stupid, someone else stated that most won't post rejections and a rejection isn't always a bad thing. It is disappointing but don't lose hope!

35 minutes ago, CluMSW said:

got rejected by NYU :( feel stupid for thinking i had a shot...

losing my hope on CU...

We are here for you!! I think you posted recently that you got into Fordham which is GREAT university (and top 25 for MSW programs).  Honestly, every university maybe looking for something different so you might get into Columbia! YOU GOT THIS!

And Im on the same CU boat as you! All we can do is just wait and hope for the best. 

8 minutes ago, Behaviorscience said:

NO!!! Don't you dare feel stupid, someone else stated that most won't post rejections and a rejection isn't always a bad thing. It is disappointing but don't lose hope!

Thank you for this!! ?I realize this is not the worst thing in the world and grateful that at least I have one offer right now. It's just NYU was one of my top choices and was really excited to hear back! I'll be okay and try to stay hopeful!!