MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

17 hours ago, Olas said:

I guess only you and I applied lol I have not heard back ? I applied on 1/28, hbu? 

I heard back at the 6 week mark. I applied in early Oct and heard back In late Nov.

Hi folks! Been reading this the past few days (tried to avoid forums until I had some good news as to not stress myself out! lol). But I wanted to jump into say to folks who are worried about committing before hearing from other schools should definitely ask for extensions. I asked Columbia and NYU to extend my deadlines (both originally wanted around March 3rd) since I am waiting on a few schools who might not release decisions til mid March (Portland State, University of Washington, U Chicago - but hoping they come sooner since clearly people have been hearing back) and they did. Columbia has given me to the end of March and NYU gave me until mid march. I really appreciate how Denver has given until April 15th for decision, honestly seems more equitable and understanding. So if folks are worried about making a decision before hearing about other schools and/or aid I really encourage just asking!

1 hour ago, Polcc said:

anyone get into BU today and got an aid amount? I literally got only a loan lmao unless I'm reading it wrong...

I got in yesterday- I actually did not have time to apply for finc. aid for them but after some digging on their website it seems like they give very few school scholarships? 

I heard back from BU this afternoon. Received a $31K scholarship off $70K tuition. I hadn't been seriously considering BU, but after scholarships, it's the lowest-tuition school on my list, with UChicago second (about a $10K difference).

41 minutes ago, ZoeD said:

I got in yesterday- I actually did not have time to apply for finc. aid for them but after some digging on their website it seems like they give very few school scholarships? 

yeah that's what I saw too. I was just surprised that they didn't offer anything at all! It makes it cheaper for me to go to BC actually ?‍♀️

27 minutes ago, ayshaface said:

Heard back from UCB and BC. Accepted to BC with a 40k scholarship, and denied to UCB. Waiting to hear back from U of W and Chico State. Goodluck to everyone! :) Anyone else accepted to BC and thinking about going?

Congrats!! yes I was accepted to BC and will be going :)

2 hours ago, Polcc said:

anyone get into BU today and got an aid amount? I literally got only a loan lmao unless I'm reading it wrong...

Same^ after getting pretty generous scholarship offers to higher ranked schools... lol bye BU

3 hours ago, Polcc said:

I literally just got the same thing like 2 seconds ago, they gave me a $20,000 loan.... that is not what I want lol it says tentative but that's still alot

1 hour ago, ayshaface said:

Heard back from UCB and BC. Accepted to BC with a 40k scholarship, and denied to UCB. Waiting to hear back from U of W and Chico State. Goodluck to everyone! :) Anyone else accepted to BC and thinking about going?

Congratulations ! I was accepted and I am for sure going especially after seeing this financial aid package BU just gave me lol I signed up for the admitted students day next week Wednesday and everything, if you don't mind me asking was your scholarship initially offered to you in your acceptance letter or did you ask them to re-review your financial aid package? They gave me a good scholarship but more would be great of course lol

7 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Congratulations ! I was accepted and I am for sure going especially after seeing this financial aid package BU just gave me lol I signed up for the admitted students day next week Wednesday and everything, if you don't mind me asking was your scholarship initially offered to you in your acceptance letter or did you ask them to re-review your financial aid package? They gave me a good scholarship but more would be great of course lol

Ugh I want to go to the admitted students day but just can't afford it as I'm all the way in California. :( It was initially offered to me in my acceptance letter. I didn't know that you could ask people to re-review your financial aid package, is it usually successful?? More again would be great. lol 

15 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

I literally just got the same thing like 2 seconds ago, they gave me a $20,000 loan.... that is not what I want lol it says tentative but that's still alot

right, like I know my stats weren't GREAT but they were okay enough that I expected something! Weird, I guess you can appeal it pretty easily there's forms on the website but that seems like a lot of work to also possibly be told no

1 hour ago, ayshaface said:

Ugh I want to go to the admitted students day but just can't afford it as I'm all the way in California. :( It was initially offered to me in my acceptance letter. I didn't know that you could ask people to re-review your financial aid package, is it usually successful?? More again would be great. lol 

I don't know if BC does it exactly but I have seen others mention it for other schools in the forum, it's worth a try lol 

1 hour ago, Polcc said:

right, like I know my stats weren't GREAT but they were okay enough that I expected something! Weird, I guess you can appeal it pretty easily there's forms on the website but that seems like a lot of work to also possibly be told no

Exactly ! I don't want to do all of that and nothing changes, my hopes of a full ride scholarship have completely vanished now? my decision just got even easier lol