MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

11 minutes ago, Polcc said:

Just submitted mine for BC and waiting, I was told I'll hear by mid-march and asked for decision extension until then (even though I've decided to go there lol). I'll update y'all when I hear back tho!

Awesome! Good Luck! 

3 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

I totally respect your opinion. And I completely agree. However, I’m very certain that this is what I want and I’m ready to achieve my goals now, even if that means working a bit harder or proving myself more than those with more professional experience have to. As an undergrad, I was fortunate enough to be involved with a clinical lab so I have a lot of strong research experience with regards to my specific area of focus. I’ve also been employed for a non profit program. Had I not been involved with these things, I would think deferring would be way more applicable for my needs.   

Totally valid if you know go after it in the end all someone ever has is a leap of faith, I graduated from my undergrad in May ‘19 awarded a Fulbright went and came back (due to financial reasons) and in October back began to apply to graduate school. Only you know your path follow your instincts you got this !!! Cheering you on ❤️

another question!! for those of you who are applying to washU, did you select being considered for merit-based scholarship? I got nervous about the required video interview component but can't tell if it's better to just go for it regardless! also, i don't know if they are generous with the need-based scholarship too. thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Djedi22 said:

Totally valid if you know go after it in the end all someone ever has is a leap of faith, I graduated from my undergrad in May ‘19 awarded a Fulbright went and came back (due to financial reasons) and in October back began to apply to graduate school. Only you know your path follow your instincts you got this !!! Cheering you on ❤️

OMG Fulbright? That is awesome!!

Thank you so much for the encouragement and kind words. Everyone on this forum is truly great, and I value what everyone has to say. Cheering you on as well!!! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Polcc said:

Just submitted mine for BC and waiting, I was told I'll hear by mid-march and asked for decision extension until then (even though I've decided to go there lol). I'll update y'all when I hear back tho!

How did you submit a scholarship appeal to BC?!

29 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

I was just going to ask the same question lol I'm submitting my deposit for BC like right now and would love to know if I can get some more money !

I emailed admissions and asked them who to connect me to and the person who signed the acceptance emailed me and told me to write a statement and attach any competing offers (I attached the loan amount I got and explained my financial situation and how its going to change). Reach out to admissions!

39 minutes ago, ayshaface said:

How did you submit a scholarship appeal to BC?!

31 minutes ago, SWColumbia said:

That usually means you’re in - should update within the hour!

Yep! Just got in. To those that applied priority... there is still hope. I truly am rooting for ALL of you. Doesn’t feel right celebrating when my fellow peeps are still waiting. You all got this! 

I am officially offically going to BC this Fall!!! I just submitted my deposit and my response form!!  And I am so looking forward to meeting everyone who will be attending BC in the Fall too ! I am the first in my family to have went to college let alone get a master's and then the only one in my friend group currently pursuing a master's. This forum has helped me sooo much with my anxiety about this whole process lol it felt good to know other people were going through the same things as me when no one near me was and you are all sooo amazing !! I wish I found this forum earlier when I first started going through the application process, but I am glad I found it when I did ,everyone here is going to do such amazing things in this world and congratulations to everyone who has heard back from their schools and made their decisions and the absolute best of luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear back, you got this !!!

50 minutes ago, Polcc said:

I emailed admissions and asked them who to connect me to and the person who signed the acceptance emailed me and told me to write a statement and attach any competing offers (I attached the loan amount I got and explained my financial situation and how its going to change). Reach out to admissions!

Most definitely will do that now, thanks !!! 

35 minutes ago, Mswstudent101 said:

Yep! Just got in. To those that applied priority... there is still hope. I truly am rooting for ALL of you. Doesn’t feel right celebrating when my fellow peeps are still waiting. You all got this! 

Congrats! What program track and speciality are you in?

3 hours ago, NicoleDes said:

I totally respect your opinion. And I completely agree. However, I’m very certain that this is what I want and I’m ready to achieve my goals now, even if that means working a bit harder or proving myself more than those with more professional experience have to. As an undergrad, I was fortunate enough to be involved with a clinical lab so I have a lot of strong research experience with regards to my specific area of focus. I’ve also been employed for a non profit program. Had I not been involved with these things, I would think deferring would be way more applicable for my needs.   

You seem offended somehow. Nothing I said was meant that way- I was simply echoing what the other person said, and trying to help. Best of luck to you! 

Hi friends ..I was not active in chats but all your inputs have helped my anxiety with admissions....there is hope for people still waiting ....I have 2.8 gpa got into Columbia ,University of chicago,case western, Brown I have done all my applications on DEC 1ST.....I just to the email I got into Columbia but no scholarship info ! anyone else in my boat.

Edited by hopefulfuture

1 minute ago, hopefulfuture said:

Hi friends ..I was not active in chats but all your inputs have helped my anxiety with admissions....there is hope for people still waiting ....I have 2.8 gpa got into Columbia ,University of chicago,case western, Brown I have done all my applications on DEC 1ST.....I just to the email I got into Columbia but no scholarship info ! anyone else in my boat.

Congrats!! I had a low undergrad GPA too. Gpa definitely isn't everything. Do you have a number 1 or 2 pick out of where you've been accepted?? 

58 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

I am officially offically going to BC this Fall!!! I just submitted my deposit and my response form!!  And I am so looking forward to meeting everyone who will be attending BC in the Fall too ! I am the first in my family to have went to college let alone get a master's and then the only one in my friend group currently pursuing a master's. This forum has helped me sooo much with my anxiety about this whole process lol it felt good to know other people were going through the same things as me when no one near me was and you are all sooo amazing !! I wish I found this forum earlier when I first started going through the application process, but I am glad I found it when I did ,everyone here is going to do such amazing things in this world and congratulations to everyone who has heard back from their schools and made their decisions and the absolute best of luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear back, you got this !!!

Congrats! I had friends who went to grad school at Boston College and they enjoyed it. Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, hopefulfuture said:

I mean absolutely no offense but I have a 3.8 GPA and if you got into Uchicago with a 2.8 I feel hopeful as I am still waiting...Congrats on all your acceptances!

6 minutes ago, Behaviorscience said:

I mean absolutely no offense but I have a 3.8 GPA and if you got into Uchicago with a 2.8 I feel hopeful as I am still waiting...Congrats on all your acceptances!

I had a excellent essay. and was very truthful explanation for my low gpa Two recommendation from my University of Michigan professors,third one from my americorp boss ...if you have 3.8 GPA and the recommendations you will get in.

Just now, hopefulfuture said:

I had a excellent essay. and was very truthful explanation for my low gpa Two recommendation from my University of Michigan professors,third one from my americorp boss ...if you have 3.8 GPA and the recommendations you will get in.

I hope so and thank you for that! This is my absolute first choice and have wanted to attend since I was a kid lol