Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

Just now, Yangengzhao said:

At first I just want to know and also don’t want to know the result. kind of contradictory... Admission Anticipation and worry about rejection...But after this anxiety torture, I would like to know the result immediately.... At least I have Sipa-epm and Cornell MPA offer...Harvard just do me a favor ok...omg what am I talking about...

Congrats!! That actually might largely ease your pressure as I only applied for HKS this year. So imagine the stress for me right now. ???

Just now, Pegasuslaunching said:

Congrats!! That actually might largely ease your pressure as I only applied for HKS this year. So imagine the stress for me right now. ???

Omg you are a brave warrior...Can’t imagine your anxiety...Best luck!

3 minutes ago, Yangengzhao said:

Omg you are a brave warrior...Can’t imagine your anxiety...Best luck!

Thanks, nice buddy from Shanghai! It's actually not a huge problem for me as my chronically tortured, excruciating nerve system is kind of Stone Age numb by now. So the decision either come out tomorrow with the new blogpost about ADMITTED, or it will come out on Friday and then FIN info will follow up on next Monday. It's actually quite usual for ADMIN to work in spring break because this is basically, literally, what they do--work through spring break, like every year. ? (I know, brutal, even for them.)

Everybody stay tuned! Just one more day...

So yeah, not to let our thread slip to second page...

Is there a possibility of releasing the admitted post in the morning, releasing the decisions later in the day (the famous 11am to 1 pm dreadful hours) and post the decisions released post tomorrow? Is that how it is done? I feel like heaving a stroke with this rage-infused confusion and irritability. I have done absolutely nothing since yesterday...just logging into the app portal for a thousandth time, this thread, and my mail. I write to just satiate my urge to do something while I wait aimlessly until God knows when...people, do you think we see some light within the week? Or will the COVID ruin our week and decisions get indefinitely postponed? Sorry to project my anxiety unto you, but I know you get it!

I still believe that it shouldn't be stretched to next week. Keep hopes alive. Don't want to spend weekends speculating about the uncertainty. Today is definitely crucial and we must get some news, hopefully positive from HKS and/or other universities/colleges. 

Having said so, we shouldn't be discounting the fact that there is definitely a delay in results of all concerned varsities. Perhaps the situations emanating from COVID-19 is enhancing 'error term' in our prediction model!!  :-P :D 

Wouldn't the Admitted post end with "Will this be today? No. "? Then at least tomorrow is the day...I think.

Nevertheless, in less than an hour, there's another bombshell waiting to be dropped...best of luck guys. We don't have to go through these rabbit holes of anxiety anymore. 

COVID-19 is happening. I think along with the classes shifting online, the staff is also working from home. There could be no other pertinent reason. The best we can hope is to get the results by this weekend. 

Edited by ab1987

1 minute ago, justaname said:

sammme!! maybe they are busy sending updates to the portals. i don't know if i should get my hopes up

Honestly at this stage I just want to know.. Can't imagine spending another weekend with this stress! 

I also think that if there is any delay related to corona virus, the admission team will inform us right? 

Just now, Oba2020 said:

Honestly at this stage I just want to know.. Can't imagine spending another weekend with this stress! 

I also think that if there is any delay related to corona virus, the admission team will inform us right? 

That's what I thought, too! And hopefully, that could've been in the blog post (which still hasn't been published).

the new post is a bit out of ordinary - too short to be qualified as an actual post? if i read between the lines, i feel like they are telling us that they might actually release the results today? if it weren't to be today, they would've just added "Will this be today? No." at the end just like before.

Edited by justaname

2 minutes ago, justaname said:

the new post is a bit out of ordinary - too short to be qualified as an actual post? if i read between the lines, i feel like they are telling us that they might actually release the results today? if it were to be today, they would've just added "Will this be today? No." at the end just like before.

I really hope so, but it's so vague.. 

No, I think @justaname was right...they just thought updating with such big post as a waste of time...if they are working so much, and the status update post, which comes two days ahead was on schedule, then there's absolutely no way that so much more unforeseen work suddenly appears. I think it'll be today...or the same "Will this be today? No. "? would have made its comeback...Best of luck guys!