Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

Hi y'all! Just submitted my MPP application. I remember I checked multiple times before I submitted the application that everything is filled out and uploaded. But my status page still showed that the "MPP Biographical Statement" is not received. Has anyone experienced this too?

EDIT: JK! 5 min later it showed that the bio has been received! Good luck everyone!

Edited by justaname

14 hours ago, justaname said:

Hi y'all! Just submitted my MPP application. I remember I checked multiple times before I submitted the application that everything is filled out and uploaded. But my status page still showed that the "MPP Biographical Statement" is not received. Has anyone experienced this too?

EDIT: JK! 5 min later it showed that the bio has been received! Good luck everyone!

I was slightly annoyed when I saw that they wanted a biographical statement. 2 resumes, 2/3 essays and the optional statement weren't enough?

Good luck.

1 hour ago, KyleR said:

I was slightly annoyed when I saw that they wanted a biographical statement. 2 resumes, 2/3 essays and the optional statement weren't enough?

Good luck.

hahaha true. but they are HKS, i guess they can request whatever they want lol

good luck to you too!

Edited by justaname

• 2 months later...

I got an email saying that the invitation for the CPL scholarship will come out during the week of 18th Feb (it doesn't say the exact day) and the interview will be conducted the week after that. Anyone got  similar email ? . 

Edited by KIMAMS

3 hours ago, KIMAMS said:

I got an email saying that the invitation for the CPL scholarship will come out during the week of 18th Feb (it doesn't say the exact day) and the interview will be conducted the week after that. Anyone got  similar email ? . 

I did too. I assume everyone who applied for CPL got the email. 

18 hours ago, Anathema said:

Wouldn't the whole process be more efficient if fellowship interviews were conducted after the announcement of admission decisions or am I missing something here?

Although school says that the admission committee and the financial aid committee are working independently, I think they are kinda "working together". Those who are invited to the interviews highly likely are in the short-list informed by the admission committee. Then the interviews are conducted and the financial team will confirm again with the admission committee that that person will be admitted. After that the decision is released.  Just my guess but very high possibility that it works that way. 

Edited by KIMAMS

I have tracked HKS blogs and I think this year results will be out on March 12, 2020. This date checks all 2-3 parameters like 100th day, Thursday, 22 and 25 days before MPA/MPP and MPA/ID orientation. Thursday is important to make FinAid results announced by friday (no announcements on weekends). Additionally, it is also said that results will be announced not later than Mid-March, i.e. March 15, 2020 (Sunday). So, Technically, 12th March is the only possible day unless HKS wants to change the rules!!

Edited by spnfiim

Waiting for CPL interview invitations as well. Any guesses based on previous year's posts on when those might be out ? Also is it odd that this thread has been quite silent ? Is there another thread where most HKS applicants are engaging ? 

If you look at the bottom of the email - it asks for any requests to withdraw your application to be submitted by 18th Feb. Gives some hope that they haven’t sent any out already - following the rest of their instruction, it would make sense for it to be Weds, Thurs, or Fri. 

I cant tell which was harder - all the applications or all the waiting for just an instant binary choice. It all seems so cruel... haha

13 hours ago, Waitingroom said:

If you look at the bottom of the email - it asks for any requests to withdraw your application to be submitted by 18th Feb. Gives some hope that they haven’t sent any out already - following the rest of their instruction, it would make sense for it to be Weds, Thurs, or Fri. 

I cant tell which was harder - all the applications or all the waiting for just an instant binary choice. It all seems so cruel... haha

I think the invitations will be sent out on either of 19,20,21 too; and probably they will  send to those who are lucky in only 1 wave.