Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

36 minutes ago, Oba2020 said:

Hi all, I just wanted to inform you that I just got an email for an interview (CPL Emirates). Like you, I have been stressed out, so I wanted to share the information. Interview for March 2nd. Wish you all the best of luck! 

Finally some good news on this thread! Thrilled for you, good luck for the interview :)

22 minutes ago, fesenjoon said:

I also just got my e-mail for an interview from the CPL (also linked to the Emirates Leadership Fellowship). Again for March 2nd. Best of luck everyone

Best of luck with ??I'm applying to the MC MPA, what about you ? 

For all those who didn't get notified, let's keep the spirits up, I'm sure plenty of opportunities are still on the table ?

Congrats on the interview invitations and good luck to you all! :) I also applied for a CPL fellowship and haven't heard back. I didn't apply for Dubin but looking at previous year's CPL Dubin fellows, it's probably one of the largest cohorts with lots of positions to fill so good luck!

Edited by RisingPhoenixx

3 hours ago, spnfiim said:

Had you raised any query, or was it generic? I have also applied to PEPG. Unfortunately, for me, I don't have access to my given email ID because I have received Fulbright fellowship and all my updates are routed through Fulbright/IIE office in New York. 

Hello! This is my first post here. I have also received Fulbright fellowship and I only get to know about things from the IIE contact person. It's a relief to find someone who is going through the same experience.

1 minute ago, ladenisse said:

Hi! I have an anxiety disorder, so I needed to know, for sure, that I had not been selected. I'm attaching the email in case this helps everyone else out! 

Mail.jpg

Well that looks like you, like most of us, haven't been selected to the CPL fellowships...

Hi guys! btw, anyone got the email informing you about your Financial Aid account ? My friend who applied last year said around this time of the year, the financial aid team will send us the email instructing us to set up our own Financial Aid account in which we can see your scholarship/loan/ etc infor later after the admission. I haven't got it yet and also out for the CPL too hehe

Edited by KIMAMS

I also didn't get a CPL interview (I applied for the Bacon Fellowship). I applied for another fellowship through the Belfer Center, which I think I may be notified about separately and at a later date. Does anyone else know about how that works?

Congrats to those of you who got interviews! Remember your STAR method ;)

52 minutes ago, prokem said:

I also didn't get a CPL interview (I applied for the Bacon Fellowship). I applied for another fellowship through the Belfer Center, which I think I may be notified about separately and at a later date. Does anyone else know about how that works?

Congrats to those of you who got interviews! Remember your STAR method ;)

Ditto and I didn’t get an interview invite either. Ah well. Let’s hope for good news coming in the next few weeks, good luck everyone!

Good that we’ve few invites in our group. The jinx is finally broken. Congratulations to the interviewees. I will still like to believe that our finalists are getting positive admission results. 

On 2/22/2020 at 3:25 AM, MPAdreams2020 said:

So glad I found this forum. I really appreciate the solidarity during a very anxious time. Best of luck to each of you. (And I also have not heard back re: CPL.)

Hi! It seems that this is the only forum of HKS active so far, this year. And now, we have mixed group of MPP, MPA, MC/MPA and MPA/ID applicants. Will it be possible for you to rename the group to "Harvard Kennedy 2020" instead of "Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020"? Give it a thought.

8 hours ago, SodiumLight said:

Hello! This is my first post here. I have also received Fulbright fellowship and I only get to know about things from the IIE contact person. It's a relief to find someone who is going through the same experience.

Same here. We could make a telegram/whatsapp group for Public Policy Fulbright scholars - could be a huge help negotiating placement and so on?

46 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

Hi! It seems that this is the only forum of HKS active so far, this year. And now, we have mixed group of MPP, MPA, MC/MPA and MPA/ID applicants. Will it be possible for you to rename the group to "Harvard Kennedy 2020" instead of "Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020"? Give it a thought.

I wish I could rename the thread but I don't think I can as I did not start it. :( But you are right, there's a big mix of us here as this seems to be the only active forum for HKS this year, at least as far as I can tell.

Hello! A little late to the forum, but was wondering if there were any other Rangel/Pickering/Payne Fellows that have applied to HKS this coming cycle? Always curious as to what kind of schools we all applied to, as well as where we will ultimately end up! Good luck to everyone!

14 hours ago, Oba2020 said:

Best of luck with ??I'm applying to the MC MPA, what about you ? 

For all those who didn't get notified, let's keep the spirits up, I'm sure plenty of opportunities are still on the table ?

Many thanks and wishing you the best of luck as well.

Ive also applied for the MC-MPA program (Masons fellow). 

15 hours ago, Anathema said:

Same here. We could make a telegram/whatsapp group for Public Policy Fulbright scholars - could be a huge help negotiating placement and so on?

Sounds like a great idea. Although I don't know how much negotiating I will get to do, but more information is always empowering. Let me know how can we do it.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:58 PM, fesenjoon said:

Many thanks and wishing you the best of luck as well.

Ive also applied for the MC-MPA program (Masons fellow). 

I have applied for MC/MPA too ( mason fellow) . Any idea how many make it to the final list . I didn't get shortlisted for Dubin ,so kind of disappointed. Hoping to find some good news