Harvard Kennedy MPP 2020

shrishti

1 minute ago, spnfiim said:

Now imagine my condition. Even if the results are announced today, it will go to IIE and not me. They will then inform Fulbright commission of my country. Depending on timezone, it usually happens next-day. Commission in return will send me an email. Just to give a perspective, my 'UMichigan' acceptance was timed at 5:14 pm o Friday and I received it on Wednesday (for intervening weekends and a public holiday in my country). So, while I am sharing the anxiety of all of you to wait for the results, I will come to know it only on Monday or Tuesday. 

That's like hanging from the rope and waiting to die. God save me meanwhile!! 

are you able to log into the status portal or fin aid portal to check the status?

Edited by justaname

Just now, justaname said:

are you able to log into the status portal or fin aid portal to check the status?

We don't have login credentials!! It was shared during the application process to complete the form. Afterwards, the password has been changed. 

3 minutes ago, justaname said:

oh wow. that's stressful

Still, I am as excited as all of you. Despite knowing the fact that I cannot know the results when it gets announced, while you guys can.

Camaraderie!! 

30 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

We don't have login credentials!! It was shared during the application process to complete the form. Afterwards, the password has been changed. 

WHAT?????????? Is that even allowed?

29 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

That sounds really stressful! Curious how your Fulbright experience differs from others I've heard though - I thought that you list your top 3 choices and then IIE makes all applications on your behalf, before presenting you with a final offer that you can take or leave? This sounds like you hear about the outcome of each choice and you make the final decision (which sounds infinitely better!). 

4 minutes ago, indianIRguy said:

WHAT?????????? Is that even allowed?

They want full control over the process. So, you cannot accept or reject any offer without their intermediation. 

6 minutes ago, HooLeeSheet said:

That sounds really stressful! Curious how your Fulbright experience differs from others I've heard though - I thought that you list your top 3 choices and then IIE makes all applications on your behalf, before presenting you with a final offer that you can take or leave? This sounds like you hear about the outcome of each choice and you make the final decision (which sounds infinitely better!). 

I am not sure about that. So far, I am only told that my results will be intimated by local commission. I don't know if I can choose the course or not. But, if (a big if) I have adequate financial resources to bridge the gap-funding, then they should allow me to select my choice of course. But as I said, I am not sure. I will find it out in a month or so. 

15 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

I am not sure about that. So far, I am only told that my results will be intimated by local commission. I don't know if I can choose the course or not. But, if (a big if) I have adequate financial resources to bridge the gap-funding, then they should allow me to select my choice of course. But as I said, I am not sure. I will find it out in a month or so. 

As a Fulbright scholar, I am sure admits won't be an issue for you ? Rest assured. 

2 hours ago, spnfiim said:

Guess what they said when I asked them why they did that..

1 hour ago, spnfiim said:

It's nice that your country office let you know about your UMichigan acceptance. My country office informed me that they would communicate the placement decision during Mid-April to End of May and it will be the final decision, the scholarship recipient do not have a say in this. 

4 minutes ago, SodiumLight said:

It's nice that your country office let you know about your UMichigan acceptance. My country office informed me that they would communicate the placement decision during Mid-April to End of May and it will be the final decision, the scholarship recipient do not have a say in this. 

Is Fulbright administered by North Korea?

1 hour ago, Policy_Applicant2020 said:

As a Fulbright scholar, I am sure admits won't be an issue for you ? Rest assured. 

1 hour ago, polapp20 said:

Exactly!! @spnfiim you got this! 

I sincerely wish this to be true!! But I have seen many Fulbrighters being rejected from Ivy league colleges and many more couldn't attend in lack of supplementary funding. HKS and other top colleges claim not to have been influenced by Fulbright selection and they assess the application on its own merit. Most unfortunately, we are not considered favourably for FinAid because we already have some arrangement in terms of this fellowship. 

8 minutes ago, SodiumLight said:

It was communicated to us also that final placement decision will be communicated by Mid-April. But at least I received information about result. I don't find a logic why results shouldn't be conveyed.  

2 minutes ago, spnfiim said:

It was communicated to us also that final placement decision will be communicated by Mid-April. But at least I received information about result. I don't find a logic why results shouldn't be conveyed.  

We were told that sometimes applicants contact the universities on their own, which they highly discourage. May be this is why they are not communicating the acceptance decisions. Also, they make the decision that makes the best case for them, so I guess they want to avoid requests from applicant's end during this time. I am only making assumptions.

Just now, amaka26 said:

Not to be a debby downer, but I am confused as to why we believe decisions will come out today? I don't think there has ever been a year where the decisions come out on the same day as the "admitted students" post. 

Thank you, finally something i looked forward to hearing from someone for 2 days....i guess I'll sleep early then...