Environmental Management and Policy 2020

prokem

4 hours ago, sage1234 said:

When are you all expecting to hear back? I am thinking mid-February for UMich SEAS, but not sure about the rest of the programs I applied to.

It's "on or around March 15" for FES in their FAQs: https://environment.yale.edu/admissions/masters/faq/

But it looks like some have heard back earlier in the past: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=mem

7 hours ago, sage1234 said:

When are you all expecting to hear back? I am thinking mid-February for UMich SEAS, but not sure about the rest of the programs I applied to.

3 hours ago, chaparralcountry said:

Mid-February also. I applied by the priority deadline and completely put this out of my mind for a few months, but now that decisions are imminent I'm really thinking about it! 

What are your concentrations for SEAS? Mine is Environmental Policy & Planning.

13 hours ago, alaqua said:

I applied for the Environmental Justice concentration! It's pretty much the only graduate school in the country with an EJ concentration, so it's definitely my top choice. But I would want to take a lot of Env. Policy classes as well!

17 hours ago, alaqua said:

I applied for the Environmental Informatics track! I applied for the dual degree in SEAS and Urban Planning, but would be more than happy with an acceptance from just SEAS. 

Also patiently waiting for their mid-Feb decision date...

17 hours ago, alaqua said:

Behavior, education, and communication! really fits my research interests perfectly and seems very cool. I would also like to take some environmental justice courses!

@alaqua Ah, I'm not applying to SEAS this cycle (I definitely considered it!) but I would've gone for Environmental Policy and Planning, although Conservation Ecology would've been a close second. 

In that same vein, I'm applying for the Environmental Economics and Policy concentration at NSOE but hoping to take many electives in Ecosystem Science and Conservation. 

Another day closer to hearing back! 

11 minutes ago, tillyk said:

Got my first acceptance this morning to the Climate Science and Policy program in the Scripps Institution Oceanography at UC San Diego! ?

Congrats!! San Diego is a dream.

16 hours ago, chaparralcountry said:

@alaqua Ah, I'm not applying to SEAS this cycle (I definitely considered it!) but I would've gone for Environmental Policy and Planning, although Conservation Ecology would've been a close second. 

In that same vein, I'm applying for the Environmental Economics and Policy concentration at NSOE but hoping to take many electives in Ecosystem Science and Conservation. 

Another day closer to hearing back! 

Also waiting on the Nic School priority deadline! Applied to the Energy & Environment track. Busting out of my skin with anticipation, I had an informal interview with the head of the EE program and he said (I quote) "your background is a perfect fit for this program." A good sign if I've ever heard one. 

Good luck!!!

10 hours ago, LazarusRises said:

Also waiting on the Nic School priority deadline! Applied to the Energy & Environment track. Busting out of my skin with anticipation, I had an informal interview with the head of the EE program and he said (I quote) "your background is a perfect fit for this program." A good sign if I've ever heard one. 

Good luck!!!

Waiting on the Nic School priority decisions as well- as is @monkeycat-applied for the Environmental Economics & Policy track as well @chaparralcountry, fingers crossed. Energy & Environment track seems to have unmatched professors, alumni, and resources for the field- congratulations (unofficially) :)!

On 2/7/2020 at 9:38 PM, LazarusRises said:

Good luck!!!

Hey! Good work with the interview. Can you please share how you got an interview with the EE program head? I am an international student and haven't received any mails with respect to faculty interviews yet.

Wishing you the best!

On 2/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, annap510 said:

Waiting on the Nic School priority decisions as well- as is @monkeycat-applied for the Environmental Economics & Policy track as well @chaparralcountry, fingers crossed. Energy & Environment track seems to have unmatched professors, alumni, and resources for the field- congratulations (unofficially) :)!

This is the week!! Wishing for a suspended animation chamber right about now. @monkeycat @chaparralcountry Good luck to you all, try not to chew your fingernails too close to the quick! 

EDIT: @rushrabbit029 I got in touch with the admissions department back in November and requested a tour, they offered the informal interview (really more like a chat) with Professor Johnson. They were super helpful & encouraging, it really improved my already high opinion of the program. 

Edited by LazarusRises

53 minutes ago, kcovt said:

Slightly off topic, but I just saw it was announced that the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies will be renamed the Yale School of the Environment this summer! I like it, but that's a big change for a historic program. 

Wow I didn’t see that, that’s really interesting. Definitely easier to say “school of the environment” but the forestry name is just so iconic!

Michigan SEAS people, are we expecting decisions this week? (Obviously there’s no way to know for sure but I think this is when decisions came out last year)

49 minutes ago, tillyk said:

Michigan SEAS people, are we expecting decisions this week? (Obviously there’s no way to know for sure but I think this is when decisions came out last year)

I hope so! The sense I got from talking to admissions counselors and reviewing past results is that we should hear back from SEAS and NSOE this week. Can't stop refreshing my email! ?

2 hours ago, WatercolorPainter said:

I hope so! The sense I got from talking to admissions counselors and reviewing past results is that we should hear back from SEAS and NSOE this week. Can't stop refreshing my email! ?

I can't stop refreshing my email and this forum SOS