Environmental Management and Policy 2020

prokem

1 hour ago, Jb14109 said:

Anyone else still waiting on emails from duke/Michigan? Nothing in my inbox 

I think at least for Duke they roll out decisions starting in mid-February and based on gradcafe results from past years it looks like it's not based on admitted/rejected- there's early ones and later for both- I hope that helps!

14 hours ago, tillyk said:

Congrats on Duke and Michigan for everyone who got in! I didn’t apply to Duke but was accepted at Michigan!!

Congrats!! That's awesome - is Michigan one of your top choices?

Also, did you apply during the priority deadline?

10 minutes ago, sage1234 said:

Same here! I'm super anxious - hoping to hear back soon! Do you think you'll end up there? :) 

Maybe! SEAS has such a good program and great class offerings for what I'm interested in (geospatial stuff) but it all comes down to aid for me. 

Sending good vibes your way and hopefully you hear back with good news very very soon!

1 hour ago, sage1234 said:

Congrats!! That's awesome - is Michigan one of your top choices?

Also, did you apply during the priority deadline?

I applied January 15, and yes it's definitely a top choice for me!

SEAS offered me $15k non-renewable for the first year, which I was happy about. I think my choice will depend on if I get into Yale and how much funding I get from Yale (but I wouldn't have to pay rent at Yale, so it would be cheaper in that regard).

31 minutes ago, kcovt said:

Just got an email from Yale F&ES that decisions will be out March 6th at 5pm EST! Love how specific they were LOL 

I got that too -- I appreciate that they told us! Much better than waiting for some unknown date

2 minutes ago, tillyk said:

I applied January 15, and yes it's definitely a top choice for me!

SEAS offered me $15k non-renewable for the first year, which I was happy about. I think my choice will depend on if I get into Yale and how much funding I get from Yale (but I wouldn't have to pay rent at Yale, so it would be cheaper in that regard).

Congrats on the scholarship! Was that info given to you in your acceptance email?

3 minutes ago, realdoodlebob said:

Congrats on the scholarship! Was that info given to you in your acceptance email?

Thank you! Yes it was toward the bottom of the email

3/3 so far...waiting for Bren and Yale. I hope we find out funding opportunities with the decision letters. From looking at forums/results on gradcafe from previous years, Bren results will probably come out mid March. Looks like the deadline to commit for most schools is around tax day, meaning admitted students weekends in March-early April and then a rapid turnaround for our decisions ahhh. I've been offered a tuition waiver + 25 k stipend for 11 months (and potential TA opportunities for the second year) at one school meaning I have a nearly fully funded opportunity. How are people balancing offers right now, all the what ifs are driving me crazy (what if I get into Yale with more funding than Duke, what if the gods smile down on me and give me Nic scholar, how do I justify potentially taking on 80k+ in debt).

What's going on through your minds, i'd love to hear how you all are comparing schools since we're all applying to similar programs!

Edited by monkeycat

Hi all- lurker here. Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances! 

I only applied to two schools this round- Evans MPA and Goldman MPP with intended focuses of environmental policy - and I don’t think any decisions have been sent out yet. Has anyone applied to these schools and heard back yet? I’ve been having anxiety dreams this past weekend and now I’m wondering if I should’ve applied to more schools. Very nerve-wracking! 

17 minutes ago, alli707 said:

Hi all- lurker here. Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances! 

I only applied to two schools this round- Evans MPA and Goldman MPP with intended focuses of environmental policy - and I don’t think any decisions have been sent out yet. Has anyone applied to these schools and heard back yet? I’ve been having anxiety dreams this past weekend and now I’m wondering if I should’ve applied to more schools. Very nerve-wracking! 

I applied to both of those with the same tracks (+ ERG at Berkeley), as well as some other programs. No news yet from Goldman at Berkekey or Evans at Washington.

Just got into SEAS with a non-renewable $15k scholarship! I've been stressed all day seeing other peoples' acceptances roll in, so this is a huge relief (and I'm super excited for SEAS). Is anyone planning on going to the admitted students day on March 20th?