Environmental Management and Policy 2020

prokem

On 3/4/2020 at 9:02 PM, LazarusRises said:

I got an email notifying me that a decision had been posted to the account. Good luck!

Thank you!! Just got an e-mail yesterday informing me of my acceptance. Good luck with your remaining applications. :)

9 hours ago, sage1234 said:

Yay! Congrats!! I’m also in at Bren :) 

Has anyone here received any fellowships/awards from Bren? 

I got an email the day after my acceptance with a financial aid award! They were a lot more generous than expected, so hopefully you also get good news! It's also nice because you can pay in-state tuition the second year, which really helps.

Is anyone STILL waiting on U Michigan SEAS decisions? My friend and I both applied before the "priority deadline" (me in mid-November and her right before Dec 15) and neither of us have heard anything from them, while a bunch of people I know who applied after the "priority deadline" have heard back. We both have very strong applications and would be surprised if we're not admitted. Seem like the priority deadline is a bit of a sham...

34 minutes ago, Rosemary86 said:

Is anyone STILL waiting on U Michigan SEAS decisions? My friend and I both applied before the "priority deadline" (me in mid-November and her right before Dec 15) and neither of us have heard anything from them, while a bunch of people I know who applied after the "priority deadline" have heard back. We both have very strong applications and would be surprised if we're not admitted. Seem like the priority deadline is a bit of a sham...

That's really frustrating! Honestly, at this point I would call up admissions and confirm that they properly sent your admissions result. It's pretty close to admitted students weekend, so they should have finished sending everything out. Good luck!

Thanks, I did actually call them yesterday, asking if there were issues with my application because of this timing discrepancy. The person I spoke with said "We're still reviewing applications and sending letters, and you can expect to hear from us in a week or two." Not that it matters much now, but it seems clear that "Priority Deadline" applications are not actually reviewed before others that are submitted later.

3 hours ago, WatercolorPainter said:

I got an email the day after my acceptance with a financial aid award! They were a lot more generous than expected, so hopefully you also get good news! It's also nice because you can pay in-state tuition the second year, which really helps.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it :) 

12 minutes ago, ch442 said:

Accepted at Yale FES!! I randomly checked the portal and the decision was there! They said to expect FinAid decisions by March 15.

Yay!! Me too- thank you for the 13 minute heads up!

Now we hold our breath until financial aid comes out 3/15!

Rejected from FES — I’m coming straight from undergrad so this was very much the result I expected. A little disappointing but not too much, I wasn’t thrilled about the idea of living with my parents for two years anyway! ? congrats everyone!

Congrats to both of you on your F&ES acceptances! I've been waitlisted, which is honestly better than I hoped for. Not sure what to expect now-- does anyone have any tips on possibly extending decision deadlines at other schools to accommodate F&ES?  They said that offers won't be extended to people on the waitlist until April 15th, but that's also the decision deadline for SEAS.

Edited by prokem
added a question

9 hours ago, Rosemary86 said:

Thanks, I did actually call them yesterday, asking if there were issues with my application because of this timing discrepancy. The person I spoke with said "We're still reviewing applications and sending letters, and you can expect to hear from us in a week or two." Not that it matters much now, but it seems clear that "Priority Deadline" applications are not actually reviewed before others that are submitted later.

I’m so sorry to hear. I applied by the Priority Deadline, too, and heard from them last week. But still, people who applied by the First Round heard a week earlier than me, so I’m guessing SEAS is reviewing applications backwards - from later applications to earlier ones - which is confusing and quite infuriating to be honest. 

I hope that you and your friend can hear from them soon! Best wishes.

9 hours ago, Rosemary86 said:

And yes, the Visit Day is on the 20th, so SEAS really needs to hurry up now.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:58 AM, prokem said:

Is that UPenn's MES? If so I'm curious to hear what you think of it. I was accepted back in December but I'm a bit apprehensive about the program

I hear that most classes for MES at UPenn are in the evening, so it would be ideal for part-time students. But for full-time students I can’t say.

Congrats to all of you for your F&ES (maybe ES haha) acceptances and hope all of you would obtain a nice result of financial aid next week.

I have been on the waiting list, which seems to be a nice result for me (not been rejected directly). After all, I am straight out of undergrad and have no full-time work experience, even for a long-term internship experience. However, there is still sincere hope, having an opportunity to study at F&ES, though just as what the letter indicates I can do nothing except waiting for the deposit ddl April 15th. :(

Maybe anyone here could give me some advice or info. about this situation? (like the recent acceptance rate of offer, the number of people being waitlisted...)

On 3/5/2020 at 1:59 PM, Yu Lu said:

Also, are you talking about the MES program through UPenn LPS? I have heard it is a good program, and UPenn is known for inclusiveness and collaboration. LPS is under the umbrella of the School of Arts and Sciences which gets you a degree from SAS. Also, since almost all programs at UPenn are quite interdisciplinary, other than the required classes, you can always take classes from the Wharton School which is the best business school in the world and some other schools within the University as well.

Yes, I was accepted into the MES through LPS program. I do love how interdisciplinary it is and the amount of freedom I'd have to take classes at Wharton and all the other schools. My only worry is that I've never seen an alum in my field and they haven't given me their employment stats. Anecdotally it seems like most grads go into waste or water and stay in the Philly area, none of which aligns with my preferences. But I did apply because they have a specific (and new) concentration that is right up my alley and is rare to see in similar grad programs. Thank you for your insights!

Woo in at Yale (MEM), 4 for 5! Still haven't heard from Bren yet. Can't wait for funding to be announced so I can really start comparing options. I really hope Yale and Duke don't cancel their admitted students weekends. I'm banking on using those to help me pick between programs ?

4 minutes ago, monkeycat said:

Woo in at Yale (MEM), 4 for 5! Still haven't heard from Bren yet. Can't wait for funding to be announced so I can really start comparing options. I really hope Yale and Duke don't cancel their admitted students weekends. I'm banking on using those to help me pick between programs ?

You think they are calling off Visit Day?

18 hours ago, alaqua said:

You think they are calling off Visit Day?

I know of many other schools who have needed to cancel so I wouldn't be surprised if Yale also needs to? And possibly, at the end of the day, the decision to attend the admitted students' events would rely on the students, and many might choose to not attend which is unfortunate because I was hoping to also get a sense of what the admitted class looks like! On that note, is there any social media page or something in here for Yale FES admitted students?