ERASMUS MUNDUS SCHOLARSHIP 2020

NAM8976

On 4/21/2020 at 12:06 AM, judestfr said:

Same here

@judestfr may i ask. Are you gonna confirm your intention to be a self funding student for EPS? 

the program seems not to show when the EACEA confirmation would be released or probably it is already released.

thank you

On 5/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, nisanisa said:

Hi, there

I am one of the main list candicates. It is true what has been said by other user. The main list candidates were given 3 days for their confirmation. I was notified by April 8th and responded the day after. Now we (me and the other main list candidates, in ECT+ and in other EMJMD programs) are in the stage of confusion about so called preregistration documents bureaucracy. It got us confused as some documents needed to be legalized by ministries and Spanish consulate, which all of them are closed due to the pandemic. Dont lose your hope yet! Our worry now is that some programs might get postponed or even cancelled (like WAVES program). Even some programs indicated possibilities that it might be started online in the Sep. By the way, I applied several programs of EMJMD for several years before finally got accepted on ECT+. Even if you dont get it by this year, you still have the hopes for future years!

Congrats on your grant! Yes, I’ve read your posts before and it really motivated me. I’ve applied for 4 scholarship grants this year (1 is VLIR) and it is only in this program that I got reserved. It’s a big achievement already. I just need to revamp my research topic and stuff up my credentials for now and perhaps wait for further announcements. Who knows.

Thank you and may the pandemic not spoil what’s ahead to all of you. ???

15 hours ago, Unik587 said:

Did your program eventually tell your ranking?. I think there are different actions taken by host university about ranking announcement of those who are in reserve list. I am in reserve list also for another program.

We hope too that at least this May everything is clear.

Dont lose hope, good luck for you.

Hi, sadly the secretariat have not replied yet to my email. Maybe I’ll do some follow ups this end of May or early June. A lot can happen still.

Not losing hope but open to all sorts of possibilities as well. Thank you and good luck too.

4 hours ago, Unik587 said:

@judestfr may i ask. Are you gonna confirm your intention to be a self funding student for EPS? 

the program seems not to show when the EACEA confirmation would be released or probably it is already released.

thank you

I wrote them back and asked if they can tell me my ranking in the reserve list in order to decide whether I should confirm participation or not.

I haven’t received the answer yet, still waiting 

13 hours ago, judestfr said:

@Unik587 just checked my email, they told me that my position is 23rd place. Doesn’t look good :( I think I’m gonna withdraw it 

I was told I was 13th in the rank of reserved candidates. That crushed my hopes. I don't think I will apply again next year because it took me a lot of time and money to submit all the requirements and I can't afford to do all that again. 

On 4/19/2020 at 2:58 AM, nisanisa said:

I also read in some forums that sometimes even ranked 30-ish could move to the mainlist, but the latter case could be very rare, and need a little luck and magic, but do ever happens. Good luck!

Hi @nisanisa your story of being on the reserved list for years and finally landing on the main list this year is inspiring.  What did you do different this year that you think finally gave you the advantage?

I am 13th on the reserve list. I hope I get as lucky as the one you mentioned who was 30th and still got called ?

Some questions for those who got selected with scholarship:

• What was the focus of your SOP? Merit or need? While I had a good score, I think I messed up in this. I didn't want to go for pity, so I avoided going into details about some circumstances that made me graduate later than expected. I completed my courses in time with the highest ranking in my class, but life got in the way while doing my thesis and I presented that way later than expected.
  • How much detail did you give about your project (non-STEM)? Did you approach potential thesis advisors or the universities on your track beforehand? I think I gave a good explanation about and why I chose my track and what I expected to achieve with the program. But, while I do have a good idea about the topic & approach I want to pursue, I don't think I can give a thesis proposal before taking the courses.

Thanks and congrats to all those who managed to get a spot!

Just an update, the secretariat replied and I was 33rd in the reserve list. 2020 is not yet meant for me. Will just re-apply next year with better credentials and research topic probably. Any successful candidates who can give tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ???

On 3/12/2020 at 8:06 PM, NorahtheCat said:

Hi Chief. Congrats on the offer for Euroculture! No it really doesn't affect your chances for the other program. In the end you just need to accept one and reject another. I personally would have gone for Euroculture the second I had an offer if I were you :) It's a wonderful program and not at all comparable to eps or others... I didn't get any though :P . Waiting for EuroSUD now. 

Hi! What was your outcome on EUROSUD?

I am currently on the reserve list

On 3/15/2020 at 6:13 AM, PommeDeTerre0830 said:

What's up with me? Anxious about Eurosud results... and mad at you since I'm way down the reserve list of Euroculture because of you :P loljk well I really hope I get a scholarship.. Eurosud or nothing now. :(

5 hours ago, Andi9603 said:

Do you know your ranking on the reserve list? When are you supposed to find out if you made it to the main list? 
I am patiently waiting and hoping to hear that I made it to the main list too from the reserve list. My program said they will let us know end of the month. 

On 5/13/2020 at 3:14 AM, Arimasu said:

Some questions for those who got selected with scholarship:

• What was the focus of your SOP? Merit or need? While I had a good score, I think I messed up in this. I didn't want to go for pity, so I avoided going into details about some circumstances that made me graduate later than expected. I completed my courses in time with the highest ranking in my class, but life got in the way while doing my thesis and I presented that way later than expected.
  • How much detail did you give about your project (non-STEM)? Did you approach potential thesis advisors or the universities on your track beforehand? I think I gave a good explanation about and why I chose my track and what I expected to achieve with the program. But, while I do have a good idea about the topic & approach I want to pursue, I don't think I can give a thesis proposal before taking the courses.

Thanks and congrats to all those who managed to get a spot!

I was accepted into the NOHA programme. They specifically asked why I wanted to join the programme so my motivation focused on (1) my background (a very short against all odds story as the introduction) and how that influenced my career path. More of the text centred on (2) my career path i.e. What I have done so far, what I would like to do in the future and how the programme would help me achieve that. Lastly, I wrote a bit about (3) My country/region and how badly in need it is of people with the specific skills the programme promises to teach.

I think my motivation was quite personal. I told a story and painted a picture about my life , where I am going and why the programme is a perfect fit so that whoever read it would see strong intent. 

At Masters level they didn't ask for a specific project but I did have one or two lines in my motivation explaining my research interests. I didn't go into detail. 

About academics, I did mention that I graduated top in my class but nothing else. I contacted my past lecturers before submission and asked them to focus the letters on my academic achievements.

Each programme has different requirements but I think lecturers like seeing purpose. Make sure your purpose is clear.

Hello everyone! 

Just wondering if anyone else on this forum applied for the HIPS programme (CEU & TUFS). The date given on the programme website for the publication of results was 22 April, which came and went without any news. On 23 April I was sent an informal letter of acceptance confirming that I would be offered a place (along with a tuition waiver) and that an official offer would be published on my application portal as soon as my academic credentials were verified. However, despite emailing the admissions coordinator two weeks ago and being informed that the offer would be posted last week, I have yet to see any more updates. Has anyone else had the same issue? I don't mind waiting, but the radio silence is a little unnerving. 

Thanks ^^

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, judestfr said:

I wrote them back and asked if they can tell me my ranking in the reserve list in order to decide whether I should confirm participation or not.

I haven’t received the answer yet, still waiting 

Sorry to bother you, can you tell me how many points did you achieve in your application in order to have an idea?

I got 75, and im on the reserve list, but i believe i wont get in .

Thank you.  

On 5/8/2020 at 12:00 AM, PME17 said:

Hi @nisanisa your story of being on the reserved list for years and finally landing on the main list this year is inspiring.  What did you do different this year that you think finally gave you the advantage?

I am 13th on the reserve list. I hope I get as lucky as the one you mentioned who was 30th and still got called ?

Sorry to bother you as well, could you tell me how many points did you received ? 

Thank you. 

On 6/9/2020 at 6:28 PM, Raul2352446 said:

Sorry to bother you as well, could you tell me how many points did you received ? 

Thank you. 

I wasn't given any information on how many points I was given.

When do you know if you will get the scholarship? May you be luckier than I was. I remained on the reserve list. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 4:34 AM, Ultra_Violet said:

I do not know if this applies to every Erasmus+ Programme, but quite a few have been postponed till next year. 

The mobility part was going to be quite the concern for most students given the virus. 

This is quite sad. If they are gonna get postponed, I wonder if there will be a new batch of applications starting November for AY 2021. I was just about to ask how are the visa applications and preparations by successful candidates by now. Hope everyone’s fine. Keep the fire burning guys!

• 1 month later...

Hey! I was the one asking about ECT+ reserve list. In the end it appeared I was the 1st one on the reserve list and got into the program. Besides it I was in the main list of BIOCEB from the very beginning. Good luck for future applicants and never give up ?

Luckily, our program isn't postponed for next year, and we're welcomed to arrive in September despite of online study for the first couple of months.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:30 PM, Mk9 said:

Hey! I was the one asking about ECT+ reserve list. In the end it appeared I was the 1st one on the reserve list and got into the program. Besides it I was in the main list of BIOCEB from the very beginning. Good luck for future applicants and never give up ?

Luckily, our program isn't postponed for next year, and we're welcomed to arrive in September despite of online study for the first couple of months.

Wow congrats.. when did you learn you got into the main list?