ERASMUS MUNDUS SCHOLARSHIP 2020

NAM8976

2 hours ago, cucuren said:

Still have not received any response and GEMMA website says the selection result has been delayed to May... :(

I have to wait 2 more days and it's already agonizing. I can't wait for that long haha

3 hours ago, judestfr said:

I think my personal statement wasn’t strong enough. In general my background fits with IMCEERES, so it has to be my motivation (as far as I remember, personal statement takes 40% in eligibility assessment).
COVID-19 ruins everything :( I hope that we will defeat the virus in near future and it won’t affect our plans. Stay home and stay safe, people ??

Don’t overthink about your application, you have already submitted it and there is nothing you can do about it now, overthinking will only make you feel worse.  I wish you the best of luck, fingers crossed ?? 

For CEERES motivation accounts for 45%! What is your background if you'd like to share? Mine is mostly anthropological research. It kind of aligns with anything haha

6 hours ago, PommeDeTerre0830 said:

Why did you guys get rejected? I hope you get lucky with the other programmes!

I'm worried about getting rejected by Eurosud. The application form asked for a graduation grade and our university doesn't do that so I didn't put anything. The overthinking and anxiety made me realise this just now. And I'm worried about my IELTS exam too since test centres are closed because of CoViD-19 :(

From what I have analysed, I think I was rejected for the scholarship because of the following reasons.

1. My undergrad and postgrad degrees do not have any modules covering Russia and Eastern Europe.

2. I haven't learnt any Russian (Was hoping that I could learn in the programme itself, haha)

3. Lastly, I do not have internship or summer school experiences related to Russia or Eastern Europe. 

I do believe that my motivation letter and CV were good enough. 

Just now, Dewy96 said:

From what I have analysed, I think I was rejected for the scholarship because of the following reasons.

1. My undergrad and postgrad degrees do not have any modules covering Russia and Eastern Europe.

2. I haven't learnt any Russian (Was hoping that I could learn in the programme itself, haha)

3. Lastly, I do not have internship or summer school experiences related to Russia or Eastern Europe. 

To add, I have a backlog in subject. 

5 minutes ago, Dewy96 said:

Hmmm but your degree is in the field of humanities/social sciences? This makes me worried because I learned just basic Italian and Spanish in university. I don't have any internship experience in Europe that's why I'm applying for this scholarship lol

3 minutes ago, PommeDeTerre0830 said:

Hmmm but your degree is in the field of humanities/social sciences? This makes me worried because I learned just basic Italian and Spanish in university. I don't have any internship experience in Europe that's why I'm applying for this scholarship lol

Yes it was. By internship, I also meant some internship or projects related to Europe. This doesn't necessarily have to be in Europe itself, many people intern in regional delegations of EU missions and embassies of member countries in their home nations.

6 minutes ago, PommeDeTerre0830 said:

Did your degree have modules related to Southern Europe/European studies in general?

6 minutes ago, Dewy96 said:

Did your degree have modules related to Southern Europe/European studies in general?

Not really other than language courses in French, Spanish and Italian. I have some internship experience with an agency of the United Nations but that's it. I guess I have to try again next year :(

Hello everyone!

May I know if someone here applied for ECT+, MER+ or REM? These programs are run by UPV and I'd like to know when did you get latest news from it?

Me and other ect applicants got latest news on the 9th of March, I saw one Mer applicant with news last week. This info will let me understand if UPV is working normally or is temporarily unavailable due to Covid-19, as there's no news about it on the website as well. Thank you in advance!

Edited by Mk9

On 4/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, PommeDeTerre0830 said:

I'm poor af lol can't self-fund.. I'm from a partner country :)

Now I'm very anxious about Eurosud.. Results on Friday!

Congrats to @Fai88 again! I think you made the right choice. Euroculture has a wider scope while CEERES focuses on Eastern Europe.

Thanks! Hey, how about Eurosud? It's supposed to be announced yesterday right?? Hope you get in! Fingers crossed. 

On 4/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, 7galleons said:

Anybody here who got admitted to the Erasmus Program without Funding? Are there part-time research assistant jobs available for Erasmus Students?

I don't know much about the funding. But for research, I think there are some chances. However, some programs like Euroculture has Research track on its 3rd semester where we can be research interns. So it depends on your program too.. 

On 4/1/2020 at 1:03 PM, cucuren said:

Still have not received any response and GEMMA website says the selection result has been delayed to May... :(

Yes, just saw this. So disappointing because I might have to commit to another university with deposit deadlines coming up. Was really hoping to hear back by April 15 to be able to make an informed decision. 

On 4/1/2020 at 10:30 PM, Mk9 said:

Hello everyone!

May I know if someone here applied for ECT+, MER+ or REM? These programs are run by UPV and I'd like to know when did you get latest news from it?

Me and other ect applicants got latest news on the 9th of March, I saw one Mer applicant with news last week. This info will let me understand if UPV is working normally or is temporarily unavailable due to Covid-19, as there's no news about it on the website as well. Thank you in advance!

Hi..

I applied to ECT+ and MER+ as well. I got notification that I was selected as EM Grant holder on April 8th 2020. They also replied my response email afterwards (yesterday) that they would give detail regarding registration soon. As MER+ I got latest news on late March I believe. They only said I was conditionally accepted. That's all.

Applied for REM and was included in the reserve list. I am now told that I can "apply directly" for a self-funded position (people not included in the list can send a new application). I never received an email to confirm my admission and my application status reads "UNDER CONSIDERATION". Unclear to me whether i'm assured of a place on the programme or not. Does anyone know?? Kind of want to avoid sending an email to the programme coordinator asking "hey have i been accepted?" haha

14 hours ago, Nindi said:

anyone who ever experienced placed in "reserve list" before? ? it's so suffocating.

I have, several times, for several years before finally ECT+ just emailed that I was selected as EM grant holder. Do you know your rank among the others? If your rank is quite high and close to main list, you can keep up your hope. I know some people that were initially placed in reserved list but then moved to main list. I also read in some forums that sometimes even ranked 30-ish could move to the mainlist, but the latter case could be very rare, and need a little luck and magic, but do ever happens. Good luck!