Comparative Literature 2020

2 hours ago, kvek said:

I also got an rejection e-mail from Oregon. Indiana is my only chance before second cycle. Please, if you all have any information from Indiana Comp Lit, share with me. 

They aren't admitting everyone all at once so don't fret about that. I rejected my offer there yesterday but I have no idea who it would go to next (like if they'd try to find another Medievalist/Ancient Studies person or just go down to the next person on the list). Best of luck and I hope you hear back from them soon!

On 2/25/2020 at 12:01 PM, AnneElliot said:

I don't know about NYU but I'm wondering about the same thing for Columbia...

I heard back from Columbia on Wednesday (rejection). Still waiting on NYU...

5 hours ago, Rrandle101 said:

They aren't admitting everyone all at once so don't fret about that. I rejected my offer there yesterday but I have no idea who it would go to next (like if they'd try to find another Medievalist/Ancient Studies person or just go down to the next person on the list). Best of luck and I hope you hear back from them soon!

Thanks a lot for the info and wishes. Why did you reject, out of curiosity? :) 

Edited by kvek

27 minutes ago, kvek said:

Thanks a lot for the info and wishes. Why did you reject, out of curiosity? :) 

Their program sounded amazing but I was admitted to Cornell's Medieval Studies Program so I will be committing there instead because it was one of my dream schools :)

1 hour ago, kvek said:

:( Thanks. I hope, they will let us know decisions this week. I cannot handle another week of waiting. 

Yeah it's killing me. Since I got rejections from the schools I was wait-listed and accepted at this year...

8 hours ago, theatergeek said:

I contacted USCB and they said they are still deliberating, so there's no official decisions yet. 

How come someone posted a rejection and one acceptance? 

Do you know if they have done interviews or not? And regarding the two posts, maybe they had made up their mind about those two... or they are possibly lying!

4 hours ago, nimcheche said:

Do you know if they have done interviews or not? And regarding the two posts, maybe they had made up their mind about those two... or they are possibly lying!

I have no idea whether they have done interviews. Do they usually do?

Hello,

I am a newbie here. Just received a letter from SDSU that they had favorably reviewed my application and are recommending me to the Graduate Division to be admitted. Does anyone know if that is just a formality or not! Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

14 hours ago, monikasb said:

Hello,

I am a newbie here. Just received a letter from SDSU that they had favorably reviewed my application and are recommending me to the Graduate Division to be admitted. Does anyone know if that is just a formality or not! Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

From what I've heard (not from SDSU in particular, but several other unis), this is an acceptance and the Graduate Division review is just a formality. Congratulations!

3 hours ago, caffeinated applicant said:

From what I've heard (not from SDSU in particular, but several other unis), this is an acceptance and the Graduate Division review is just a formality. Congratulations!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on TGC for this whole application season and just gave in and made an account now. Got waitlisted at Yale Comp Lit (Feb 13) and now biting my fingernails waiting for signs of life from the dept (after getting several POI's to cross their fingers for me) and holding out for good (probably last minute) news while warding off other offers. Anyone else accepted/waitlisted there want to share their thoughts/decisions? ??

Edited by bgh94

Hi,

Is there any international student who is notified from the Comparative Literature department at Indiana University Bloomington. I applied in late January but I didn't hear anything from that date to now. I also sent an e-mail to them but didn't get any response. Did anyone has any similar experience or know anything about the situation in there.

4 hours ago, oguzatay said:

Hi,

Is there any international student who is notified from the Comparative Literature department at Indiana University Bloomington. I applied in late January but I didn't hear anything from that date to now. I also sent an e-mail to them but didn't get any response. Did anyone has any similar experience or know anything about the situation in there.

Hey there. Same goes with me. I have no idea as well. If you ever got any new information please share it!