Comparative Literature 2020

3 hours ago, soupnazi said:

Hey, how were you all notified by Stanford (MTL)? The status of my application page still just says "submitted," and I haven't received any email.

I'm not notified by Stanford MTL either. Don't know what does this mean. 

2 hours ago, pinkhermy said:

It was an email that brought the decision along.

Interesting. So, your application status page looks the same? Or the email told you to check the app site for an update? I hesitate to contact Stanford just to get rejected. Made that mistake with Berkeley. 

6 minutes ago, soupnazi said:

Interesting. So, your application status page looks the same? Or the email told you to check the app site for an update? I hesitate to contact Stanford just to get rejected. Made that mistake with Berkeley. 

Yeah, the portal is still the same. No news on there. 

1 hour ago, pinkhermy said:

Yeah, the portal is still the same. No news on there. 

Alas, I was not accepted either. I emailed and received a polite rejection in response to my inquiry. Best of luck to everyone else!

On 2/18/2020 at 7:50 PM, AnneElliot said:

Hi! Another international student here. I applied to Comp Lit PhDs at NYU, Princeton and Columbia. I haven't heard a single word from any of these schools. I saw the one person who said they an acceptance from Princeton a while back, and I think someone got an interview invitation from Columbia. No one said anything about NYU this year but it seems like they sent out results by this time in the years before. Does anybody have any other information about these schools. I don't want to lose all hope so please someone tell me I still have a chance! 

Do you think emailing schools asking about the results could affect the results in any way?  

My understanding, based on gradcafe forums, peers and those whom I know that are part of the Comp Lit NYU program is that NYU has not yet sent out interview invitations. I assume they will be doing so this forthcoming week, early on most likely. 

22 minutes ago, FernandDeligny said:

My understanding, based on gradcafe forums, peers and those whom I know that are part of the Comp Lit NYU program is that NYU has not yet sent out interview invitations. I assume they will be doing so this forthcoming week, early on most likely. 

I actually got an invitation to NYU Comp. Lit.'s "evaluative" visiting day in early February. I'm guessing all the invites went out around the same time? 

1 hour ago, diacritics123 said:

I actually got an invitation to NYU Comp. Lit.'s "evaluative" visiting day in early February. I'm guessing all the invites went out around the same time? 

Ah, well this is the first I have seen concerning NYU having sent out interview invites for their evaluative visit but is good to know. Perhaps you should mark this on the results page as there has been no word concerning these invites and such yet. I suppose this is telling then for all of who have been patiently waiting.

Edited by FernandDeligny

28 minutes ago, kvek said:

Someone added rejection from Oregon in the board. Wondering when they will send me any kind of response. Oh, I still didn't get from them, Indiana and PennState. Exhausted... Waiting... Checking mailbox 50 times a day...

I still have not heard from Indiana, UPenn , USC, and UCSB as well... Going mad slowly

hey guys, have been lurking for quite a while and think it's time to post something. I only applied to Cambridge and Oxford's master courses, and got my rejection for the English one several days before. The only one I'm still waiting for and is slightly hopeful about is the the Comparative Literature and Critical Translation course at Oxford. However, there's very little information on that course on the internet and it seems to be an extremely new program (they just started it last year and it is attached to a research center rather than any department). I wonder has anyone also applied to this course or has heard anything about it (good or bad, whatever).

13 hours ago, nimcheche said:

I still have not heard from Indiana, UPenn , USC, and UCSB as well... Going mad slowly

Hi, nimcheche, have u applied to the Complit program or other programs of UCSB?I applied to EALC program of UCSB, interviewed in early January, but haven't get a decision...feel get stucked...

6 hours ago, Stella S said:

Hi, nimcheche, have u applied to the Complit program or other programs of UCSB?I applied to EALC program of UCSB, interviewed in early January, but haven't get a decision...feel get stucked...

I have applied for the Comp Lit program and it has been dead silence

I couldn't resist and I sent an e-mail to Penn State, if anyone is interested, they said that they were planning to send rejection e-mails in Monday, however because I asked, they told me that I was the one who is rejected. It was really very polite e-mail but it is rejection so....

Now, I have only two places which I didn't hear from them yet: Indiana and Oregon. Let's see what is going to happen...