Comparative Literature 2020

2 minutes ago, Stella S said:

Hi, does anyone knows whether the Uni of Pennsylvania will have second round interviews? Is it proper to email the DGS at this time?

Also, I saw an acceptance by Cornell. To the one who has been admitted (though you might not view this), which research direction do you plan to study? Thanks☺

Anyone else got any responses from Cornell?

Stressed out. 

From past years it looks like they usually have another interview round at UPenn and I'm also really hoping they do again this year (it's my top choice program). I was thinking about emailing in a week if I haven't heard anything or seen anyone else get interviews. I haven't heard anything from Cornell either but I have the sneaking suspicion that if at this point you haven't heard anything that you just didn't get in. Best of luck!

4 minutes ago, Rrandle101 said:

From past years it looks like they usually have another interview round at UPenn and I'm also really hoping they do again this year (it's my top choice program). I was thinking about emailing in a week if I haven't heard anything or seen anyone else get interviews. I haven't heard anything from Cornell either but I have the sneaking suspicion that if at this point you haven't heard anything that you just didn't get in. Best of luck!

Thank you Rrandle! Also good luck to you!

4 hours ago, Stella S said:

Hi, does anyone knows whether the Uni of Pennsylvania will have second round interviews? Is it proper to email the DGS at this time?

My interviewers said the decisions are being made soon and will go out in a week or two (bureaucratic stuff blablabla), so it doesn't sound like a second round is happening, but I may be wrong.

4 hours ago, Stella S said:

Anyone else got any responses from Cornell?

I'm in the same boat as you are, though I'm taking that as a rejection at this point.

8 hours ago, EM51413 said:

My interviewers said the decisions are being made soon and will go out in a week or two (bureaucratic stuff blablabla), so it doesn't sound like a second round is happening, but I may be wrong.

I'm in the same boat as you are, though I'm taking that as a rejection at this point.

Thank you, EM. Good wishes to your Penn interview.

Just saw a Princeton acceptance on the results page. Wondering if anyone might claim it? I myself am a bit confused since judging from past results Princeton tends to send out notifications in the second half of February (trying really hard not to lose hope here?

Has anybody heard back/know anything about Indiana's Comp. Lit. program? The English acceptances have already been sent out and they usually respond by now but I was wondering if any of y'all knew anything. Also, to the post above I feel like unless the person who posted that acceptance to Princeton was lying (which I doubt anyone would do in the English/Comp. Lit. crowd on here) then I think it's gonna just be a rejection or mayyyybe a waitlist for everyone else left that applied there. 

12 hours ago, Rrandle101 said:

Has anybody heard back/know anything about Indiana's Comp. Lit. program? The English acceptances have already been sent out and they usually respond by now but I was wondering if any of y'all knew anything. 

Hello, there. I applied to their program, but haven't heard anything yet. They had a late application deadline (and an even later if applying for only admission--Feb 1), so I wasn't expecting to hear anything until at least next week. ?‍♀️

On 1/30/2020 at 10:04 PM, olivetree said:

Someone posted a Rutgers interview invitation on the results page yesterday :(

Hi, sorry for the late response, but this was me.

I've been in talks with the DGS and my POI, and it seems they are extending very few offers (a maximum of 2). They haven't made any official offers yet, since they are trying to figure out funding. Please don't lose hope, I believe they will interview in waves! :)

2 hours ago, nimcheche said:

Has anyone heard from NYU, UCSB, or Brown? Just wondering if they have done their interviews (supposing that they're accustomed to doing so) or not. Shall the hope live on or is it time to sit in a corner and have all sorts of existential crises?

My friend's been wondering about UCSB too. We know they tend to send acceptances toward the end of January. 

If you're asking about Comp. Lit, Penn State has already sent out acceptances, and Oregon sent out interview invites at the end of Jan...

Edited by WanYesOnly

48 minutes ago, WanYesOnly said:

If you're asking about Comp. Lit, Penn State has already sent out acceptances, and Oregon sent out interview invites at the end of Jan...

Yes, I was asking Comp. Lit. I didn't receive any e-mail yet from Oregon and Penn State, I am an international student. Do you think, does it mean, did they reject me?

Edited by kvek

I'm also an international student and was accepted at Penn State after an interview in late Jan. Unfortunately, I can't confirm if you've been rejected by now, or are on a waitlist, you can email the school and find out for sure. Also can't confirm your status at Oregon :( Don't lose hope if you haven't heard back until they tell you you've been rejected. Fingers crossed for you!

3 hours ago, WanYesOnly said:

I'm also an international student and was accepted at Penn State after an interview in late Jan. Unfortunately, I can't confirm if you've been rejected by now, or are on a waitlist, you can email the school and find out for sure. Also can't confirm your status at Oregon :( Don't lose hope if you haven't heard back until they tell you you've been rejected. Fingers crossed for you!

Congrats for your acceptance. :) Let's wait with a bit hope... 

19 minutes ago, kvek said:

Congrats for your acceptance. :) Let's wait with a bit hope... 

Thank you :) For what it's worth, a friend of mine just emailed Oregon and they said they would be letting applicants know by end of Feb. So if you haven't heard anything yet, there is hope! 

I called Indiana and the woman on the phone said that decisions will probably be sent out this week if anyone else is waiting on them rn

Edit: Looks like people are already being accepted (one was posted in the results page right after I called)

Edited by Rrandle101

2 hours ago, WanYesOnly said:

Thank you :) For what it's worth, a friend of mine just emailed Oregon and they said they would be letting applicants know by end of Feb. So if you haven't heard anything yet, there is hope! 

Thanks a lot. I think, interview requests from Oregon sent American students only as it seems in the board, so maybe we'll hear decisions by end of Feb. I didn't get any e-mail yet from Indiana too. Let's wait... Very stressful times though......

14 minutes ago, Rrandle101 said:

I called Indiana and the woman on the phone said that decisions will probably be sent out this week if anyone else is waiting on them rn

Edit: Looks like people are already being accepted (one was posted in the results page right after I called)

Thanks a lot for the info. Maybe they will send decisions in separate days. Who knows. 

I sure hope so, I'm starting to feel like applying to any Comp. Lit. programs at all was a mistake for my research focus and Indiana is the last of those programs I have yet to hear back from. Really should have listened to my medievalist profs over my classical studies profs on whether or not to try for a comp. lit. PhD but oh well

1 hour ago, pinkhermy said:

Hi all! I've been lurking for some time! Just wanted to pop in, say hi, and commiserate with all of us who have yet to hear results. None of my six schools have started notifying yet! 

Which schools you have applied?