Comparative Literature 2020

Just found out I got into Indiana's Comparative Literature program! The email also had specific details about faculty I should message in my field/fellowship information so if you have not heard back yet I would say don't panic because they might just be waiting to email some people til they have all the funding details ironed out (this is just my speculation)

4 hours ago, Rrandle101 said:

Just found out I got into Indiana's Comparative Literature program! The email also had specific details about faculty I should message in my field/fellowship information so if you have not heard back yet I would say don't panic because they might just be waiting to email some people til they have all the funding details ironed out (this is just my speculation)

Congratulations!! ?

8 hours ago, Rrandle101 said:

Congratulations, it is a great news. I also applied to Indiana but didn't get any e-mail yet. I hope you're right. 

9 hours ago, Rrandle101 said:

Congratulations! Is this your top choice? If so, double congrats!

9 hours ago, asdf1123 said:

The department admissions committee will meet with GSAS on February 14. I don't know when the results will be out, but if it's on that day then Happy Valentine's Day in advance...

Hey Poster, I also got into Penn State. Will you be attending the recruitment weekend too? Such a relief to get accepted somewhere :)

@WanYesOnly Congrats! I'll miss the first day's events but will be there for the second day. Will you be flying out of country to join? 

The interactions I've had with Penn State have been very positive and welcoming, and their program seem quite vibrant and structured. The offer is indeed a huge relief. 

24 minutes ago, asdf1123 said:

@WanYesOnly Congrats! I'll miss the first day's events but will be there for the second day. Will you be flying out of country to join? 

The interactions I've had with Penn State have been very positive and welcoming, and their program seem quite vibrant and structured. The offer is indeed a huge relief. 

Yes, I'm flying from out of the country and I'm so excited tbh! I agree, the interactions I've had have also been so warm it feels great to be wanted by such great people and a fantastic school :) I hope I'll see you there then as we wait for the rest of out schools to respond.

Just thought I should let people know that I received an offer from Brown Comp. Lit. in late January. I'm not sure if they're still sending out acceptances or not or what their usual timeline is, but best of luck! Late January definitely seemed a bit early to be sending out acceptances, so I may have just been an anomaly? 

Has no one heard back from Yale? I'm assuming a rejection, given what Figures III wrote earlier. 

24 minutes ago, diacritics123 said:

Just thought I should let people know that I received an offer from Brown Comp. Lit. in late January. I'm not sure if they're still sending out acceptances or not or what their usual timeline is, but best of luck! Late January definitely seemed a bit early to be sending out acceptances, so I may have just been an anomaly? 

Has no one heard back from Yale? I'm assuming a rejection, given what Figures III wrote earlier. 

The professors I talked to during my Yale interview told me that we will hear back in the second half of February. Hopefully, this timeline is still true!!

9 hours ago, WanYesOnly said:

Congratulations! Is this your top choice? If so, double congrats!

Thanks! It's probably the top program in terms of prestige/rankings but my financial offer I got from them was the lowest of all my offers (nothing could be so simple with picking I guess) but I've been in touch with DGS and a grad student there to evaluate the funding offer better.

13 minutes ago, diacritics123 said:

I believe so! Did they release any details about it yet? I only saw the acceptance letter on the portal and have exchanged emails with my POI, who mentioned it in passing. 

Nope. It might take some time. The graduate coordinator will probably reach out about it tomorrow or next week.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:49 PM, asdf1123 said:

The department admissions committee will meet with GSAS on February 14. I don't know when the results will be out, but if it's on that day then Happy Valentine's Day in advance...

Have you heard from them at all? Because I haven’t (can’t stop checking the results board)