UNC MSW 2020

unctomsw

4 hours ago, Jessamine G said:

Nothing. Not sure if you guys are following UNC news, but they just canceled in-person classes due to COVID-19. Transitioning to online. Not sure how this will impact the final decisions going out. ?

I was thinking about that too. Maybe someone should call tomorrow?

16 hours ago, Jessamine G said:

Nothing. Not sure if you guys are following UNC news, but they just canceled in-person classes due to COVID-19. Transitioning to online. Not sure how this will impact the final decisions going out. ?

I did see that the university is still open for now....just classes are cancelled and students are encouraged to stay home...hopefully this doesn't affect decisions coming out :(

Here is what he said:

"An excellent question.  There are definitely a lot of talks and decisions being made about how to respond and move forward as a university.  That being said, we still anticipate having all admissions decisions finalized this week.  Applicants should expect to hear from the Graduate School either this week or next."

32 minutes ago, hellouncmsw said:

Here is what he said:

"An excellent question.  There are definitely a lot of talks and decisions being made about how to respond and move forward as a university.  That being said, we still anticipate having all admissions decisions finalized this week.  Applicants should expect to hear from the Graduate School either this week or next."

Thank you for sharing this! The wait is almost over :) 

So my second choice school needs me to accept/deny admission by March 16 and I'm not sure what to do if I don't hear from UNC by then? I'm thinking I should enroll in my second choice school but what if I happen to get in to UNC after that deadline?

Just now, ncmsw44 said:

So my second choice school needs me to accept/deny admission by March 16 and I'm not sure what to do if I don't hear from UNC by then? I'm thinking I should enroll in my second choice school but what if I happen to get in to UNC after that deadline?

I am pretty sure it would be okay to enroll and then if you get in to UNC I'm sure they would understand- I'll bet it's happened before :)

Guest Kim F.
17 hours ago, ncmswc said:

I've been lurking in this thread for a while, but I was accepted to the Distance Education Triangle program today!

Congrats!!!

2 hours ago, hellouncmsw said:

I am pretty sure it would be okay to enroll and then if you get in to UNC I'm sure they would understand- I'll bet it's happened before :)

2 hours ago, ncmsw44 said:

I'm in the same boat! Mine is for app state, maybe yours is too? I am also going to likely just go ahead and accept even though I haven't heard back from UNC or my other school yet just in case :)

27 minutes ago, knl7 said:

I'm in the same boat! Mine is for app state, maybe yours is too? I am also going to likely just go ahead and accept even though I haven't heard back from UNC or my other school yet just in case :)

It's actually UNC Charlotte but I'm glad to know someone else has the same problem!