'20 EAS | EALC | EALAC (PLEASE COME IN!!)

From the RSEA DGS

"The offer letters will apparently go out later this week (we are not sure if Thursday or Friday), so I am told. We don’t know exactly, since it isn’t the RSEA program that sends them out, but in any event hopefully very soon."

On 2/22/2020 at 8:59 AM, hojoojoh said:

The last of the Harvard rejections are out today

Can't edit but I would like to explain my post better:

I meant for HEAL which went out in the wake of History PhD rejections for those who applied there with East Asian/Transpacific topics. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Long time lurker here. For those who are waiting, I received an email from my POI at RSEA congratulating my acceptance, in which he mentioned he had just gotten the news that I will be accepted. So presumably advisors will be emailing offers today (if they choose to? Not sure if they are required to do that, so no email doesn't necessary mean rejection I guess?) and the official offer is on the way.

5 minutes ago, DDDDD said:

Long time lurker here. For those who are waiting, I received an email from my POI at RSEA congratulating my acceptance, in which he mentioned he had just gotten the news that I will be accepted. So presumably advisors will be emailing offers today (if they choose to? Not sure if they are required to do that, so no email doesn't necessary mean rejection I guess?) and the official offer is on the way.

Who is your POI if you don't mind sharing. Mine is on sabbatical so I assume he will not be reaching out. And a huge congratulations on this achievement, any other offers you are considering?

Edited by Valorship98

2 minutes ago, Valorship98 said:

Who is your POI if you don't mind sharing. Mine is on sabbatical so I assume he will not be reaching out.

Actually my POI will be on sabbatical so another professor became my advisor (not sure if it's appropriate to disclose his/her name, but I work on Chinese history so...). I think he/she can still reach out even if he/she is on sabbatical (I heard from a friend that he saw his uncle--a professor somewhere--sending out offers on a weekend), maybe it just depends on his/her personality so you might get an offer without contact from the advisor.

Just now, Soffit said:

Did you email your POIs during the application process or just listed them in the application?

I haven't been admitted yet, but I was able to meet twice with my advisor, and I had a phone call and email communication with the DGS.

37 minutes ago, Soffit said:

Did you email your POIs during the application process or just listed them in the application?

I listed another professor as first choice and other two professors. This is my second choice professor (even though the first and second are actually both my first choice as both of them work on subjects very close to my research interest, though with different emphases). I never contacted any of them though two of my recommenders know them personally.

Edited by DDDDD

5 hours ago, Valorship98 said:

And a huge congratulations on this achievement, any other offers you are considering?

I’m so sorry! I didn’t see this part of your message and I apologize for my rudeness. And belated thank you!!! 
I also got into Stanford, UMich, UCLA, and Duke, but I am accepting the Harvard offer. 

4 hours ago, Valorship98 said:

I haven't been admitted yet, but I was able to meet twice with my advisor, and I had a phone call and email communication with the DGS.

4 hours ago, DDDDD said:

I listed another professor as first choice and other two professors. This is my second choice professor (even though the first and second are actually both my first choice as both of them work on subjects very close to my research interest, though with different emphases). I never contacted any of them though two of my recommenders know them personally.

Ok. Both professors i listed in my application are on leave. So, I just have to wait then. Anyway, congrats on your acceptance.

11 hours ago, DDDDD said:

Congratulations!!! and OMG I just checked my inbox after seeing your post and found an email from my POI buried under 10 junk mails saying that RSEA will be accepting me! I'm so happpyyyy!!!! 

11 minutes ago, Turbos said:

Congratulations!!! and OMG I just checked my inbox after seeing your post and found an email from my POI buried under 10 junk mails saying that RSEA will be accepting me! I'm so happpyyyy!!!! 

Congratulations!!! What is your area, if you don't mind sharing? 

7 hours ago, Soffit said:

Ok. Both professors i listed in my application are on leave. So, I just have to wait then. Anyway, congrats on your acceptance.

Thank you! Good luck on your application.

1 hour ago, Turbos said:

Thank you and congratulations to you too!!! Have you made up your mind? I'm committing right away.

46 minutes ago, DDDDD said:

Thank you and congratulations to you too!!! Have you made up your mind? I'm committing right away.

Thank you! I'm also very inclined (99.9%) to accept the offer :D Look forward to meeting you there!

Edited by Turbos

7 hours ago, Turbos said:

Thank you! I'm also very inclined (99.9%) to accept the offer :D Look forward to meeting you there!

If you (and anyone who got in) have a WeChat account please join the group!

0BF1A91A-C6D2-4CA7-B9B0-C8C5B9E83C1D.jpeg

On 3/2/2020 at 2:24 AM, Anthony Lee said:

My friend who got waitlisted for RSEA last year got the email on 13 March. According to these forums, it seems that those who were accepted to RSEA under the chairperson got their emails on 1 March (which would have been the equivalent of the Friday that just passed). Perhaps those who are getting notified of admissions but not under the chair might have to wait for mid-March. :o

p.s. fellow RSEA applicant here, waiting!

So does it imply that the release of offers is on a rolling basis, not just in one day? I assume the Mar 5's release this year is under chairperson 

Edited by Knockknockknock