'20 EAS | EALC | EALAC (PLEASE COME IN!!)

On 2/14/2020 at 2:56 AM, hojoojoh said:

This thread has been so quiet this year!

Columbia (EALAC) seems to have sent word today. How about Harvard with HEAL? The sent their History rejections today but nothing from HEAL yet, right?

Harvard's EALC decisions (don't know about HEAL) are officially out next week, some applicants have been contacted already.

I've not heard anything one way or the other from Columbia, though, so it seems like not everyone are notified at the same time.

19 minutes ago, Taihoku said:

Harvard's EALC decisions (don't know about HEAL) are officially out next week, some applicants have been contacted already.

I've not heard anything one way or the other from Columbia, though, so it seems like not everyone are notified at the same time.

Yes, I have been seeing Harvard EALC results posted though I wondered how users were treating HEAL. I read the results as EALC being apart from HEAL and that no HEAL results (or even unofficial tip-offs) have been posted.

On 2/15/2020 at 6:44 AM, hojoojoh said:

Yes, I have been seeing Harvard EALC results posted though I wondered how users were treating HEAL. I read the results as EALC being apart from HEAL and that no HEAL results (or even unofficial tip-offs) have been posted.

HEAL results went out last Thursday.

3 hours ago, Ilovesoup1997 said:

Are there any others applying for MA programs? I applied for East Asian Studies, but I hope to later go on and get a PhD in Anthropology. It seems like a lot of people here are applying to PhD programs.

Hello, I am applying to MA programs as well. I already got an acceptance email from UCLA. I'm just waiting for the official admission offer.

1 down and 4 more to go!

4 minutes ago, Soffit said:

Hello, I am applying to MA programs as well. I already got an acceptance email from UCLA. I'm just waiting for the official admission offer.

1 down and 4 more to go!

Congrats on UCLA! It's a great program! Where else did you apply? I got acceptances from WashU and UT Austin, still waiting to hear from USC, U of Hawaii, Stanford, and Duke. 

Edited by Ilovesoup1997

5 minutes ago, Ilovesoup1997 said:

Congrats on UCLA! It's a great program! Where else did you apply? I got acceptances from WashU and UT Austin, still waiting to hear from USC, U of Hawaii, Stanford, and Duke. 

Thanks and congrats on your acceptances as well. I'm waiting for Stanford, Columbia EALAC, Harvard RSEA, and UToronto.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Also applying EALC, was admitted to Penn and WUSTL. Waiting for Harvard, but rejected from Berkeley. All MAs.

My research concerns Chinese architectural history post-1989 with a focus on cross-cultural encounters through the built environment. 

11 minutes ago, Valorship98 said:

Has anyone heard anything regarding the RSEA at Harvard? Still waiting on notification so I can start to make a decision.

Congrats on your acceptances! I’m still waiting for Harvard as well. Hopefully, we find out tomorrow.

Edited by Soffit

My friend who got waitlisted for RSEA last year got the email on 13 March. According to these forums, it seems that those who were accepted to RSEA under the chairperson got their emails on 1 March (which would have been the equivalent of the Friday that just passed). Perhaps those who are getting notified of admissions but not under the chair might have to wait for mid-March. :o 

p.s. fellow RSEA applicant here, waiting!

4 minutes ago, Turbos said:

So RSEA didn’t release any results today? ?

Doesn't look like it... could be this Friday or by the 13th-ish. Or at literally any point between now and the 15th. I don't know how I'm gunna get through all this waiting.

If anyone wants to share stats/accetpances let's PM!

5 hours ago, Valorship98 said:

Doesn't look like it... could be this Friday or by the 13th-ish. Or at literally any point between now and the 15th. I don't know how I'm gunna get through all this waiting.

If anyone wants to share stats/accetpances let's PM!

IKR its almost driving me insane.... Hopefully we will hve the answers by this week! 

All I know is that supposedly Harvard has an internal deadline of the 15th for GSAS notifications. I'm sure we'll hear back late, but I just reached out to the DGS to see if there is any news, will update here!

Edited by Valorship98