2020 Acceptances

31 minutes ago, kolyagogolova said:

Me too ? I'm glad you're in!

I'm so glad you're in, too! That is great! Maybe we'll be cohort mates in the fall*?! 

*That is, if my head doesn't explode while trying to decide between my two top picks. 

12 hours ago, karamazov said:

I'm so glad you're in, too! That is great! Maybe we'll be cohort mates in the fall*?! 

*That is, if my head doesn't explode while trying to decide between my two top picks. 

Yes, as I just formally accepted my offer :) In the end, I had no other options (my other wait list turned into a rejection), but I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! And not having to choose between programs allowed me to direct all my neuroses towards the plentiful other targets in the world right now lol. Good luck with your choice, and I hope to see you in the fall!

7 hours ago, BwO said:

@karamazov @kolyagogolova congrats to you both!! haven't had any definitive news on my end (from The Other School in North Carolina), but hopefully i'll get to see you there this fall! (or, well, the next, depending on how the pandemic situation goes.)  

I hope The Other School in NC comes through for you!! Fingers crossed that I'll see you in an inter-institutional class, either via Zoom or (hopefully) in person! (I'm learning this semester that graduate seminars do not transfer well to an online setting....)

I’m so excited to say that I officially accepted my offer at University of Oregon today! It felt so weird to submit the acceptance letter; I stared at the screen for like ten minutes before I finally clicked send. It’s such a good fit for me, though, and I think I’m going to absolutely love it there. The faculty and students that I got to chat with were all wonderful. I can’t believe this is finally happening!

Thanks to everyone here for all your advice and kindness!

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

First, I hope everyone is managing during these difficult and unstable times. I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this thread. I have a question about CVs. If you get a national and prestigious fellowship from your grad studies department, do you include it in your CV?

Thank you! 

13 hours ago, noneckmonsters said:

Hello, 

First, I hope everyone is managing during these difficult and unstable times. I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this thread. I have a question about CVs. If you get a national and prestigious fellowship from your grad studies department, do you include it in your CV?

Thank you! 

Yes.