2020 Acceptances

28 minutes ago, pinkfruit said:

I just checked the OSU portal after I saw your post & see that I've been offered admission as well! No official communication or any information about funding yet, but still very exciting.

Congratulations!!! What's with OSU and the lack of communication though? Haha

Congrats, @pinkfruit (and congrats again, @Rrandle101)! OSU is a great school—as I mentioned in the other thread, I did my MFA there. If either of you have questions about the program generally or the city of Columbus, don’t hesitate to shoot me a message!

13 hours ago, Cryss said:

Congratulations!!! What's with OSU and the lack of communication though? Haha

OSU has historically been one of the few (possibly only?) schools that updates its portal before sending out notification emails to acceptances. I’m guessing our lucky admits will be receiving some correspondence from the DGS (a real character of a guy!) within the next few days. 

Congrats to all of you OSU admits! I'm happy to answer questions about the program in general, and I can provide more detailed information on the medieval and Renaissance faculty, programs, etc. in the department.

I got the official acceptance email just now from OSU with the funding/healthcare/visit day information all attached. I know there were some people in another forum worried that because they didn't have the email yet that they didn't -actually- get in but it looks like everything should be fine! 

Congrats on the Duke acceptance, @poeticdweller—certainly starting things off on the right foot!

As for me...I just got an acceptance email from Ohio State? At this point I thought at best they’d give me a slap on the wrist for double-dipping since it’s the same institution where I got my MFA, but wow wow wow, I’m excited! Taking a course with Jim Phelan is what convinced me I wanted to study narrative theory and pursue an academic PhD in the first place, so this is all very nice and poetic and all that—but mostly it’s just unexpected and I plan to be freaking out about it for quite some time!

1 hour ago, politics 'n prose said:

Congrats on the Duke acceptance, @poeticdweller—certainly starting things off on the right foot!

As for me...I just got an acceptance email from Ohio State? At this point I thought at best they’d give me a slap on the wrist for double-dipping since it’s the same institution where I got my MFA, but wow wow wow, I’m excited! Taking a course with Jim Phelan is what convinced me I wanted to study narrative theory and pursue an academic PhD in the first place, so this is all very nice and poetic and all that—but mostly it’s just unexpected and I plan to be freaking out about it for quite some time!

Congratulations!!! 

14 minutes ago, kaletay said:

I got into Texas A&M's English PhD program today! I received an email from the DGS.

I go to Texas A&M rn and absolutely love all of the professors here I have taken classes with! If your interests are Medieval-related feel free to message me (I would extend that offer for profs in other periods but I don't know the other faculty that well besides a few Early modernists/theory people)

On 1/16/2020 at 7:27 PM, Rrandle101 said:

Hi all! I was accepted to OSU today via the online portal so I created this chat so we can all announce our acceptances and celebrate the accomplishments of ourselves and of each other! Best of luck everyone

Just received an automated e-mail from GPA admissions tonight for admission for 2020 in OSU NELC, I am very excited! But the automated e-mail did not mention anything about funding, and when I logged onto the portal there was not funding information available there either. Did you receive a separate e-mail about funding, health insurance, etc? 

8 hours ago, DhuRaydan said:

Just received an automated e-mail from GPA admissions tonight for admission for 2020 in OSU NELC, I am very excited! But the automated e-mail did not mention anything about funding, and when I logged onto the portal there was not funding information available there either. Did you receive a separate e-mail about funding, health insurance, etc? 

There is always a gap between when OSU sends out admissions and when it communicates funding info. You should get a phone call or email from the DGS a week or two after the first notification that you've been admitted.

47 minutes ago, Ramus said:

There is always a gap between when OSU sends out admissions and when it communicates funding info. You should get a phone call or email from the DGS a week or two after the first notification that you've been admitted.

Thanks for the information! I was freaking out cuz OSU is one of my top picks and I couldn't imagine being admitted without funding!