Anyone else waiting to hear from Northwestern?

StarkDark1

2 hours ago, horololo said:

I'm waiting for the northwestern result too! My portal hasn't changed :( 

but congratulations to those who got the admissions!

Most of the acceptances so far seem to be International applicants.  Maybe Northwestern sends those out first, then US citizens. 

Also I was looking at previous years, and it looks like they usually send acceptances within a week-long period.  My guess is that they'll send another wave of acceptances tomorrow, Friday, or early next week!  If I don't hear word by next Wednesday, I'm just going to assume I didn't get in.... 

Edited by StarkDark1

13 hours ago, StarkDark1 said:

I see that 4 or 5 people have already got acceptances.... some of them on Friday of last week.  Seems a bit early compared to previous years.  Starting to feel nervous.  ?  Congrats to those who were accepted though.  

This is best asked on the 2019-2020 application thread. There are about nine pages of discussion regarding acceptances and what schools are posting when.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Romcomulus said:

ooof, that's kind of crappy. You'd think rejections would be out before the admit visit

Na, alot of schools won't actually reject most people until they have a committed class. They'll keep people on an "unoffical" wait list until they get enough commitments and then reject everyone who they haven't told. 

This happens pretty often with schools that fall into this weird sweet spot that Northwestern does. Its high enough where it has alot of applicants and can pick the cream of the crop, but at the same time it knows that it is often used as a "safety" or "backup" for CHYMPS applicants. So it'll try and protect its yield by not rejecting qualified applicants until they have a committed class. It makes sense if you think about it from the schools POV, but it sucks for applicants. 

On 1/22/2020 at 10:54 PM, StarkDark1 said:

I see that 4 or 5 people have already got acceptances.... some of them on Friday of last week.  Seems a bit early compared to previous years.  Starting to feel nervous.  ?  Congrats to those who were accepted though.  

Why don't you contact Northwestern and see if you're on their waitlist? Call/e-mail

Just wanted to share this Northwestern Stats page with ya'll. It shows that in 2019 they received 318 applications and admitted 27 students for an acceptance rate of 10%. From that year they had a yield of 45% with 11 students accepting their offer. 

This isn't meant to discourage anyone, just provide more info into the northwestern application/admissions process.