Wait-listed Applicants

For those who have been wait-listed, how are you doing? I applied to 8 schools. I was rejected from 4, currently on the wait-list for 2, and still waiting to hear from two others. This waiting game has been so hard for me. I thought I would make a post for all those wait-listed to express their feelings and to share their victory if they get off the wait-list. We are in this together!

And for those who were accepted off the wait-list in the past, feel free to share your experience and give the rest of us hope! :)

Edited by SLPhopefullyy

30 minutes ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I sent a few schools emails saying how I'm still interested but I haven't really heard back yet since I just sent them.

Has anyone else had any luck emailing once they were waitlisted?

I also sent follow-up emails and I received responses basically thanking me for my continued interest and wishing me the best of luck in the process. I definitely think it's a good idea. :)

I did get into 3 and I think I'm going to put my deposit down for Lewis and stay on the waitlists for SXU and GSU since those are my top schools. I did email schools when I was waitlisted too just saying I'm still interested in possibly attending.

42 minutes ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I sent a few schools emails saying how I'm still interested but I haven't really heard back yet since I just sent them.

Has anyone else had any luck emailing once they were waitlisted?

Thats a great idea!! What did you say in your email? 

I expressed to Marquette that I was still interested in the program. When I received the email saying I was waitlisted, the graduate school coordinator strongly suggested contacting to the let the program know that I was still interested. I heard nothing back. I got into a couple other programs, so I’m just making my decision based on the schools I got into.

• 1 month later...

I didn't read the "SLP" sorry ?

I'm waitlisted for my top choice and I have been keeping up with the graduate advisor each week letting him know I am still interested and asking him how to prepare. He has been sending me a lot of research to keep up with. 

Every time I get an email from the program I start freaking out. Waiting is so stressful. My parents are pressuring me to apply to jobs instead but I'm crossing my fingers.

Congrats to my fellow waitlisters who are being accepted!

Edited by yee123