MPH 2021 Canada

2 minutes ago, jubeju said:

^ Current MPH Epi student at UofT here, can't express how untrue this is at least for the MPH program. Upper years and previous students have consistently said their cohort was very tight knit and supportive. Idk much about the undergraduate experience at UofT but my graduate experience so far has been great despite having gotten to know my classmates online.

I'm glad! Like I said, I have a unique and atypical experience with UofT. I'm happy to hear that the undergrad science reputation doesn't follow into the MPH programs. 

Just now, rjmph said:

Thank you for this! Do you have an idea if Fall 2021 classes will continue to be online?

We received an email about a month ago that classes will return to in-person in the fall. This is obviously given that the situation improves ... which looks like it will around fall.

Just now, jubeju said:

We received an email about a month ago that classes will return to in-person in the fall. This is obviously given that the situation improves ... which looks like it will around fall.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, jubeju said:

hi there! i’m wondering if you know how uoft’s rounds of admissions works?

Just now, Natasha7 said:

Which uni are you accepting?

Guelph is my first choice at the moment and i've been accepted. However, im waiting for McMaster since i'm on the waiting list and i haven't heard back from UofT health promo (assuming im on the waiting list since i didnt get a rejection yet). I might still end up choosing guelph if i get into those two because i like that guelph's class size is only 25 students and its a general MPH rather than specialized like UofT. But, since i also like those two schools, I'm gonna wait and see if i get in to make my final decision. If i don't hear anything from UofT or Mac before April 20th, i will be accepting guelph's offer. 

12 minutes ago, Maha M said:

I emailed McMaster about admission off the waitlist and they said that all offers have been accepted, and second round of offers will occur in may-june 

wait what does that mean? If all offers were accepted, how is there a second round of offers if the class size is only 25? Could you clarify please :)

5 minutes ago, moon.ari said:

wait what does that mean? If all offers were accepted, how is there a second round of offers if the class size is only 25? Could you clarify please :)

all offers are currently accepted but if people later pull out and don't accept it then second offers will be sent out since people might have accepted waiting to hear back from another school and will pull out if they're accepted later

Edited by Maha M

Just now, Maha M said:

all offers are currently accepted but if people later pull out and don't accept it then second offers will be sent out since people might have accepted waiting to hear back from another school and will pull out if they're accepted later

Ohhh I see! That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying :)

5 minutes ago, moon.ari said:

I think this is because everyone that has accepted (25) are likely still hearing back from other programs. For instance, many Mac applicants also likely applied to UofT and some likely haven't heard back yet. Once all offers have gone out (likely may-june), then people might start changing their minds as they hear from other programs. So a Mac students might decide instead to go to UofT if they get accepted in the coming weeks, leaving a space open at Mac, so another round of offers will go out to cover those that have left 

3 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

I think this is because everyone that has accepted (25) are likely still hearing back from other programs. For instance, many Mac applicants also likely applied to UofT and some likely haven't heard back yet. Once all offers have gone out (likely may-june), then people might start changing their minds as they hear from other programs. So a Mac students might decide instead to go to UofT if they get accepted in the coming weeks, leaving a space open at Mac, so another round of offers will go out to cover those that have left 

Thank you so much for clarifying! :)

Just now, moon.ari said:

Thank you so much for clarifying! :)

I mean I honestly don't love that they call it "another round" because we all know that "round" will consist of 3 or 4 acceptances 

It kinda reminds me of opening a big bag of chips only to realize that its 3/4 air 

Just now, GingerDwight said:

I mean I honestly don't love that they call it "another round" because we all know that "round" will consist of 3 or 4 acceptances 

It kinda reminds me of opening a big bag of chips only to realize that its 3/4 air 

Yeah hahaha. I will be accepting Guelph soon now that I feel like theres no chance of a Mac acceptance anytime soon. 

For those accepted to U of T Health Promo, what did they say the deadline to accept by is?

Also for those waitlisted at Western, I emailed them and apparently 'diverse cohort' means that there's not really an order on the waiting list but it depends on the individual who declined and someone on the waiting list with similar biographical information/experience will be chosen.

11 minutes ago, rk12 said:

For those accepted to U of T Health Promo, what did they say the deadline to accept by is?

Also for those waitlisted at Western, I emailed them and apparently 'diverse cohort' means that there's not really an order on the waiting list but it depends on the individual who declined and someone on the waiting list with similar biographical information/experience will be chosen.

I’m waitlisted for Western & that’s very interesting to know...thanks for contacting them for clarification! Did you happen to ask how many people are currently on the waitlist? 

15 minutes ago, mphapp said:

I’m waitlisted for Western & that’s very interesting to know...thanks for contacting them for clarification! Did you happen to ask how many people are currently on the waitlist? 

Yeah, it's very interesting. I just emailed them and they said "we do not disclose that information".

Edited by rk12

I got a letter of acceptance to UofA MPH and I was told to wait on the portal and to confirm my intent to accept. While this was happening I was interviewing for a role at Public Health Toronto and I was successful in getting the permanent full time position. But last week I turned down the job offer because the position would be starting in 1-2 months before the UofA mph. I emailed UofA as to why my status has still not updated on the portal last week and they just emailed me that I'm no longer accepted upon further review of my application... that my gpa doesn't meet the cut off. Even though they had all my documents from the start. If anyone has any advice as to what to do... would be great. I'm really down right now because I turned down the job because of this and I have no school to go to either ?