MPH 2021 Canada

15 minutes ago, susume said:

I got a letter of acceptance to UofA MPH and I was told to wait on the portal and to confirm my intent to accept. While this was happening I was interviewing for a role at Public Health Toronto and I was successful in getting the permanent full time position. But last week I turned down the job offer because the position would be starting in 1-2 months before the UofA mph. I emailed UofA as to why my status has still not updated on the portal last week and they just emailed me that I'm no longer accepted upon further review of my application... that my gpa doesn't meet the cut off. Even though they had all my documents from the start. If anyone has any advice as to what to do... would be great. I'm really down right now because I turned down the job because of this and I have no school to go to either ?

I am so sorry this happened to you :( I can't believe they would send out the letter of acceptance before reviewing your GPA? Is there any way you could contact the person that interviewed you and tell them circumstances have changed? Wishing you all the best 

2 hours ago, Natasha7 said:

Anyone know how UofT’s rounds work?

For health promo (from last year) from my experience, they chip away at their waitlist by sending out batches of acceptances and rejections every few weeks until the end of June. It's agonizing if you are in the middle of the waitlist, so I hope that's not the case for you. Hope this helps!

25 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

who here is still waiting on UofT Epi? “like” if you areee

all of y’all that did apply, did you mention specific research interests in your letter of intents? and do you guys have heavy data analysis experience?

Edited by Natasha7

3 minutes ago, jonjonjon said:

For health promo (from last year) from my experience, they chip away at their waitlist by sending out batches of acceptances and rejections every few weeks until the end of June. It's agonizing if you are in the middle of the waitlist, so I hope that's not the case for you. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! Fingers crossed!

13 minutes ago, jonjonjon said:

Do you know how many ppl are on the waitlist?

14 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

all of y’all that did apply, did you mention specific research interests in your letter of intents? and do you guys have heavy data analysis experience?

I did, And I would not consider my data analysis experience heavy. But what I realized is everyones story is different and unique. Being able to tell your story well and demonstrate your passion is very important in the application. Just my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, UofTEpi 2021 said:

I did, And I would not consider my data analysis experience heavy. But what I realized is everyones story is different and unique. Being able to tell your story well and demonstrate your passion is very important in the application. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for sharing! What are your stats and experiences?

2 hours ago, susume said:

I got a letter of acceptance to UofA MPH and I was told to wait on the portal and to confirm my intent to accept. While this was happening I was interviewing for a role at Public Health Toronto and I was successful in getting the permanent full time position. But last week I turned down the job offer because the position would be starting in 1-2 months before the UofA mph. I emailed UofA as to why my status has still not updated on the portal last week and they just emailed me that I'm no longer accepted upon further review of my application... that my gpa doesn't meet the cut off. Even though they had all my documents from the start. If anyone has any advice as to what to do... would be great. I'm really down right now because I turned down the job because of this and I have no school to go to either ?

So sorry to hear that! That's incredibly frustrating and disappointing... they shouldn't be allowed to send an offer out and then pull it back like that. Like someone else said, any chance you could reach back out to that job?

1 minute ago, magnet5 said:

For anyone who got accepted to Guelph for their MPH, would you be able to share when you have to accept by? Thanks!

I was not accepted but I believe someone else said it’s April 21 

4 hours ago, Natasha7 said:

hi there! i’m wondering if you know how uoft’s rounds of admissions works?

I'm afraid i know very little. First round of acceptance last year went out around mid/late march and I think there was another round of admissions later on, but not sure when. I think there were some that were admitted very late, but this was apparently due to the work from home transition UofT was going through last year. 

15 minutes ago, pklrik said:

Is anyone still waiting to hear from queens and guelph?? 

Also, how many people does queens take for mph?

Still waiting to hear from Guelph! 

I actually emailed Queen's a couple of weeks back about that! They typically get 400-450 applicants per year with an intake of 45 students. 

7 minutes ago, minniexo_ said:

Accepted my offer to Waterloo. Declined my offer to Western. I hope a spot opens up for someone! 

Also, please let me know if anyone else decided on Waterloo. I would love to connect. 

Woo! It's official! Congrats :D