MPH 2021 Canada

20 hours ago, GingerDwight said:

For anyone who applied to McMaster or Waterloo @Excel725

I sent an email to both of these programs asking for an update on when we can expect to hear back just because I've gotten some other offers from different programs and I wanted to know if I should ask for decision deadline extensions (I know all the supervisors personally so I don't want to accept and then let them down later) and they have both responded back to me this morning.  

Mac: Late this week - early next week decisions are going out. 

Waterloo: They have more than 500 applicants who met the minimum requirements (more than they usually have) so they said that this year will be delayed but they still expect decisions to be out by the end of March, latest. 

I hope this helps!!! 

This is strange since I emailed Waterloo and also spoke to them on the phone. They are hoping to do offers in April only. 

6 minutes ago, minniexo_ said:

This is strange since I emailed Waterloo and also spoke to them on the phone. They are hoping to do offers in April only. 

That's weird... When did you speak to them? I've attached a screenshot of their email which was sent to me on March 8th (yesterday) 

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.32.26 AM.png

18 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

That's weird... When did you speak to them? I've attached a screenshot of their email which was sent to me on March 8th (yesterday) 

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.32.26 AM.png

That's weird. I spoke to them again this morning to Joel who is the professional graduate program assistant. https://uwaterloo.ca/public-health-and-health-systems/about/people/group/52 - more info here about him. 

image.thumb.png.5983252dfc701d196d930012a5e9e896.png

12 minutes ago, minniexo_ said:

That's weird. I spoke to them again this morning to Joel who is the professional graduate program assistant. https://uwaterloo.ca/public-health-and-health-systems/about/people/group/52 - more info here about him. 

image.thumb.png.5983252dfc701d196d930012a5e9e896.png

Thats so weird... I feel like "by April" likely means before April thought. Like if I say that I'll have something done "by Wednesday" I mean before Wednesday. But I guess I'm not sure if "by April" means before April, or before the end of April...  Also the women who wrote my email is Michelle Fluit (Professional graduate programs coordinator MPH, MHI, MHE) I feel like she outranks Joel, her name is first on the list and his is the last - I'm just interpreting, she's a coordinator and he's an assistant? 

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.07.18 AM.png

Edited by GingerDwight
Added detail about Michelle

5 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

Thats so weird... I feel like "by April" likely means before April thought. Like if I say that I'll have something done "by Wednesday" I mean before Wednesday. But I guess I'm not sure if "by April" means before April, or before the end of April...  Also the women who wrote my email is Michelle Fluit (Professional graduate programs coordinator MPH, MHI, MHE) 

Yeah I am aware of Michelle but Joel is the one who would send them out. I'm a University of Waterloo student. I'm thinking and hoping for the same about maybe it means end of March but then I also got this answer from the department. image.thumb.png.71ccfe9b179f20f1a339705dc56a1e33.pngimage.thumb.png.71ccfe9b179f20f1a339705dc56a1e33.png

4 minutes ago, minniexo_ said:

Yeah I am aware of Michelle but Joel is the one who would send them out. I'm a University of Waterloo student. I'm thinking and hoping for the same about maybe it means end of March but then I also got this answer from the department. image.thumb.png.71ccfe9b179f20f1a339705dc56a1e33.pngimage.thumb.png.71ccfe9b179f20f1a339705dc56a1e33.png

That's so weird - why would they tell me March? I've been trying to call them for a  couple weeks but I get sent to voicemail saying no one is in the office  because of COVID? Are there two completely different universities of Waterloo?? LOL 

Also every time I've emailed them it has been Michelle who has answered...

Edited by GingerDwight

1 minute ago, GingerDwight said:

That's so weird - why would they tell me March? I've been trying to call them for a  couple weeks but I get sent to voicemail saying no one is in the office  because of COVID? Are there two completely different universities of Waterloo?? LOL 

Also every time I've emailed them it has been Michelle who has answered...

I hate when they give anxious students like us different answers.

519-888-4567, ext. 47734 (Michelle). They've picked up before. So this should work!

519-888-4567 x40547 (Joel) 

1 minute ago, minniexo_ said:

I hate when they give anxious students like us different answers.

519-888-4567, ext. 47734 (Michelle). They've picked up before. So this should work!

519-888-4567 x40547 (Joel) 

Yeah its frustrating - I've tried Michelle's number before and it hasn't worked - I'm going to try again today. I guess the moral of the story is it will either be in march or April lol 

Just now, GingerDwight said:

Yeah its frustrating - I've tried Michelle's number before and it hasn't worked - I'm going to try again today. I guess the moral of the story is it will either be in march or April lol 

They usually pick up at this time and before 12pm so lunch. Right.. ah idk that is super late compared to other offers with specific deadlines to accept or reject.

1 hour ago, bbj said:

I've applied to MPH at UofA for the epidemiology stream back in December and am still pre-screening. is this normal? kind of nervous 

Hey, I applied to UofA for Global Health and Health Promotion in November and mine is under review at the moment. I'm pretty nervous too

1 hour ago, TheAttackTitan said:

Hey, I applied to UofA for Global Health and Health Promotion in November and mine is under review at the moment. I'm pretty nervous too

I dont understand how it works. but at least you're under review :)) has anyone else here applied for epi and heard anything? and does pre-screening mean they havent looked at my application yet? 

1 hour ago, TheAttackTitan said:

I applied to UofA for Global Health and mine is still under pre screening.. is this because I'm an International student or how does this work exactly.. I'm at my wits' end 

55 minutes ago, Hailee said:

I received acceptance to UBC MPH and U of A health promotion stream today!

yay! congrats!!!!!

looks like UofA is starting with health promotion stream (just by looking at the trend in acceptances).