Fall 2021 Social & Personality PhD

aurorma

12 hours ago, socialpsychnerd said:

Literally was just looking at that, and I haven't gotten anything either :( 

Anyone hear from U Florida, UC Davis, UIllinois Urbana-Champaign, and/or UMass Amherst?

Wishing everyone all the luck in the world, and hope you all get into programs!!! ❤️ 

Hey! I had an interview with a faculty member at UMass Amherst two weeks ago. The faculty member I met with informed me that the interview process would be going on for another 3 to 4 weeks before any final decisions are made and invites are sent out. She mentioned that there were a lot of interviews that she had to get through personally as well as many other faculty in the field. Hope this helps!

On 1/18/2021 at 6:24 PM, Fabretti said:

Hopelessly expecting to hear something from University of Minnesota, UIUC and University of Oregon. Has anyone heard something from them?

I am waiting for UIUC as well! But no, nothing. I saw one person post thy had a prelim intv with NA and were rejected but that is all!

Just now, taco75281 said:

I am waiting for UIUC as well! But no, nothing. I saw one person post thy had a prelim intv with NA and were rejected but that is all!

Ignore me lol I searched UIUC and replied to a post without seeing what topic it was under...whoops! I've applied to their clinical psych program. 

2 hours ago, taco75281 said:

Ignore me lol I searched UIUC and replied to a post without seeing what topic it was under...whoops! I've applied to their clinical psych program. 

No problem :). Hope you and I get interviews :)

On 1/18/2021 at 5:24 PM, Fabretti said:

Hopelessly expecting to hear something from University of Minnesota, UIUC and University of Oregon. Has anyone heard something from them?

I’ve received an interview & visiting day invite from Oregon. 

has anyone heard anything from UCLA?? I saw that they sent out invites for clinical psych today, but their webpage says interviews for social area is earlier than clinical psych. I understand this year is difficult but the waiting and silence is so hard to deal with?

Sharing a few updates from social psych programs:

Rejected from Michigan this past Saturday. congrats / best of luck to those advancing in their interview process!

Was told USC's open-house dates will be Feb 4 + Feb 5. I have not received official communication from USC's psych department, but did have a brief get-to-know-you Zoom with the professors who'd be my advisors last Friday. Not sure when official invites to interview days will come.

Cornell sent out an email that they're still deliberating.

Any updates on Princeton / Brown? Someone in GradCafe's results database posted that Princeton interviews went out pre-New Years but there's only the one post so not sure if that's reliable info. Same for Brown, though with four people reporting interviews, I'm more inclined to believe that their interviews have actually already happened.

15 hours ago, Monkeybug said:

has anyone heard anything from UCLA?? I saw that they sent out invites for clinical psych today, but their webpage says interviews for social area is earlier than clinical psych. I understand this year is difficult but the waiting and silence is so hard to deal with?

I applied to UCLAs Health Psychology program and also have not heard anything. ?

40 minutes ago, Balletgirl91 said:

I applied to UCLAs Health Psychology program and also have not heard anything. ?

Same here ??. But I think we should hear something soon as the website mentions that the interview invites would be sent out at least two weeks before the interview!

58 minutes ago, GREBlaster9000 said:

Rejected from Michigan this past Saturday. congrats / best of luck to those advancing in their interview process!

Was told USC's open-house dates will be Feb 4 + Feb 5. I have not received official communication from USC's psych department, but did have a brief get-to-know-you Zoom with the professors who'd be my advisors last Friday. Not sure when official invites to interview days will come.

Any updates on Princeton / Brown? Someone in GradCafe's results database posted that Princeton interviews went out pre-New Years but there's only the one post so not sure if that's reliable info. Same for Brown, though with four people reporting interviews, I'm more inclined to believe that their interviews have actually already happened.

Also waiting to hear any updates on Princeton. I don't know if Brown is finished interviewing applicants but I interviewed with a few faculty members earlier last week.

16 hours ago, Monkeybug said:

I wish I had more insight to offer but all I  know is I also applied and haven’t heard anything! Figured it’s better to chime in with nothing than to keep refreshing ?

7 hours ago, GREBlaster9000 said:

I received email from my POI at USC that I was invited to the interview, but I also haven't heard anything official from USC psych department.

1 hour ago, brainbuster said:

I received email from my POI at USC that I was invited to the interview, but I also haven't heard anything official from USC psych department.

Congrats! When did you receive the invitation email from your POI? Or do you know if they sent out all invites?

1 hour ago, psych2021 said:

Congrats! When did you receive the invitation email from your POI? Or do you know if they sent out all invites?

It was one week ago, and the POI did not say whether all invites are out. Since I haven't got official email from USC yet, USC could still be deciding who to invite.

Edited by brainbuster

APA put out this graduate study report in 2018. If you look at the table, across all subfields, social psychology has the lowest rate of acceptances. I think remembering that we are in a competitive subfield in a year with an unprecedented # of applications is important to think about in case we feel the sting of rejection becoming personal. 513948675_AcceptanceRate.thumb.png.6cd90e23475cc16a0633ee21901707b6.png

15 hours ago, brainbuster said:

Anyone heard from UIUC and CU Boulder for formal interviews?

I applied to CU Boulder as well and I haven't heard a peep. The website said they'll review through Jan, so hopefully we'll hear something next week! What initials did you apply to?

1 hour ago, north_runner said:

I just heard back from University of Kansas with a rejection. They said KU received over 50 applications for an incoming class size of 1-2 students. Tough year!

I am sorry to hear about your rejection! I applied too but still haven't heard anything. Was it just a generic email?