Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Fall 2021 Admission Results

Bioenglover

TTPB: regarding JHU - I do not think that they sent all, since I got an acceptance today and it was a personal email (and not a mass email). It may depend on the POI

I got into Columbia BME today but it is not mentioned in the letter to which lab I got accepted. Anyone knows how can I know? 

Asking on behalf of a friend:

To the people accepted to Drexel’s biomedical PhD program, did you get an invitation to the biomed graduate open house on March 26? I got an invitation but my portal says I’m still under review, so I’m just wondering. I know admissions are rolling, but I’m trying to get an general timeline. Thanks!

Should I assume I'm on the waitlist for University of Minnesota...? I saw some acceptances and rejections have gone out, but I haven't heard a peep since my interview in mid-january, and the faculty member I interviewed with said they'd send out admissions letters by end of february...

On 3/5/2021 at 11:05 AM, asdfghjkl21 said:

Asking on behalf of a friend:

To the people accepted to Drexel’s biomedical PhD program, did you get an invitation to the biomed graduate open house on March 26? I got an invitation but my portal says I’m still under review, so I’m just wondering. I know admissions are rolling, but I’m trying to get an general timeline. Thanks!

I got accepted to Drexel around February and was invited for the open house on March 13th.

Has anyone who applied to Northwestern for a PhD in BME not heard back yet? I saw a bunch of rejections on the Results page that came through today, and because I didn't get an interview I assumed I'd get one as well, but instead I've just gotten radio silence from them. Anyone else in the same boat?

38 minutes ago, jemmasimms said:

Has anyone who applied to Northwestern for a PhD in BME not heard back yet? I saw a bunch of rejections on the Results page that came through today, and because I didn't get an interview I assumed I'd get one as well, but instead I've just gotten radio silence from them. Anyone else in the same boat?

The rejection I got today from Northwestern was also an offer to be considered for the Master's program. It was a specialized email and my portal wasn't updated. I also applied last year and got the same result. Others who didn't got rejected a couple days later without the Master's program offer and their portal was updated. Not sure if it's the same as last year or not since the other rejections I see this year don't mention the Master's offer. Sorry I don't have better news :( 

Ah that makes sense, thank you! I indicated in my application that I did not want to be considered for the MS program so I’m sure I’ll get my official rejection letter in a couple of days. Thank you for the update!

And no need to apologize! I’m not too broken up about the rejection— I have several other PhD offers from top ten schools. I was just more looking for closure.

Thanks again, and good luck with the rest of your process!

1 hour ago, jemmasimms said:

Ah that makes sense, thank you! I indicated in my application that I did not want to be considered for the MS program so I’m sure I’ll get my official rejection letter in a couple of days. Thank you for the update!

And no need to apologize! I’m not too broken up about the rejection— I have several other PhD offers from top ten schools. I was just more looking for closure.

Thanks again, and good luck with the rest of your process!

No problem! Good luck to you too!

4 hours ago, zoees said:

I just got recommended for MS at UCSD and waitlisted at UF within 3 minutes of each other, wow. Anyone know the likelihood of getting off the UF waitlist?

I'm not sure what the chances are of getting off a wait-list from a BME PhD Program in normal times, and how that might change at current times. Hopefully things will work out soon enough - one of my friends that was wait-list at a top 20 bioengineering program was told that he would be notified about final wait-list decisions by early April.

Edited by heistotron

I basically was rejected by most of the programs I applied so far, but got accepted by WUSTL PhD so I am pretty satisfied with that. However, I am still waiting for Dartmouth College BME PhD Program and they did not reply to my email or sent any decision letter. I guess since they are not famous of their engineering department, I even could not find any updates on grad cafe. 

Has anyone who applied the same program heard from them yet? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Giraffe Vee said:

Same here...Feeling anxious since my recruitment visit was 3/11-3/13 

When did you have your interview?

Mine was 2/25-2/27. I saw a bunch of acceptances posted up until March 24th. Nothing after that. Maybe we are waitlisted.  

2 hours ago, Big Ben said:

Mine was 2/25-2/27. I saw a bunch of acceptances posted up until March 24th. Nothing after that. Maybe we are waitlisted.  

I recommend reaching out to the faculty members you interviewed with/were interested in rotating with - mentioning your interest in Penn! If they've already made offers/don't respond, it probably also doesn't hurt to reach out to other faculty members you didn't get a chance to speak with! I just turned down my offer and most of the refusals are coming in now as well imo, but faculty can still fill out the form for interest in students so just make sure to remind them!

7 hours ago, catastrophe said:

I recommend reaching out to the faculty members you interviewed with/were interested in rotating with - mentioning your interest in Penn! If they've already made offers/don't respond, it probably also doesn't hurt to reach out to other faculty members you didn't get a chance to speak with! I just turned down my offer and most of the refusals are coming in now as well imo, but faculty can still fill out the form for interest in students so just make sure to remind them!

This makes sense. Will do so. Thank you. And best of luck in your chosen program!

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else waiting to hear back from VT/WF Biomedical Engineering program?
I attended WF's Virtual Grad recruitment weekend in Feb. and had pretty nice interviews with 3 professors. But I haven't heard back about any decision on my application.

I contacted WF grad coordinator and was told that they will try to send all decisions by May 1st (waiting is stressful). Is anybody else in the same boat?