Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Fall 2021 Admission Results

Bioenglover

9 minutes ago, offercome said:

same...I don't know whether that one is official or not. seems pretty official to me.

I checked the history message. It seems that there are about five person that are in the same situation. Hope we can hear back from them soon:)

18 hours ago, arobinson1331 said:

I got an email invite on Jan 22 to Wake's Feb Recruitment event and then an email a few days later about VT's. I've been communicating with them a bit about fellowship stuff and also did the REU at Wake last summer although it was virtual. 

Congrats! I also got an invite from WF, not from VT though.
Are you in touch with any PI from both places? I know its late, but should I email POI now, Suggestions?

On 1/31/2021 at 2:46 PM, arobinson1331 said:

I got an email invite on Jan 22 to Wake's Feb Recruitment event and then an email a few days later about VT's. I've been communicating with them a bit about fellowship stuff and also did the REU at Wake last summer although it was virtual. 

Nice! Congrats and good luck! 
According to grad office, my application is still in the bin to be reviewed. Not sure if that’s good news or bad news, but I guess no news is good news...

Hii, has any international applicant heard back from UMich BME? I saw a few people getting invites to interview weekend but they probably aren't internationals but idk for sure.

I had previously reached out to a potential supervisor (my undergraduate advisor had also reached out to him about me since they have previously worked together) before applying and he had said that he would be happy to talk to me about joining his lab if I get admitted to the PhD program and that he doesn't make the decisions to admit students into the program. I'm getting a bit anxious about the radio silence since I applied.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, zoees said:

I'm seeing people get interviews and official visit invites from UMich and stressing a little lol. My POI told me that I basically had to make it past the adcom and that she'd love to have me in her lab if I did that but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this ?

Pretty much the same situation. Did you end up hearing back?

On 2/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, hashBrowns said:

Congrats! I also got an invite from WF, not from VT though.
Are you in touch with any PI from both places? I know its late, but should I email POI now, Suggestions?

I'm scheduled to chat with a PI from VT tomorrow and another next week. One emailed me and one I reached out to myself. I'm not in contact with anyone from WF other than one of their PI's who I did research with. We haven't talked about grad school at WF though, just getting LOR earlier on. 

I'd say there's no harm in reaching out. I don't think anything is set in stone yet

On 2/10/2021 at 12:06 AM, zoees said:

For those of you who reached out to programs to ask about progress did you reach out to their general grad admissions department or the individual coordinator for your program?

individual coordinator if listed. grad admissions department when there was no individual coordinator listed.