Counselling Psychology Applicants 2021 CANADA

psychstudent3

3 hours ago, psyttmere said:

Hello everyone! Has anyone heard more from Western? I know some people have been accepted, so I am not sure if there is a waitlist situation, or they just haven't sent out their refusals yet. Thank you :)

Hi there! Interviews were yesterday for Western, I think that was for their second round. I was wondering if you have any insight in reference to the strength of the program (i.e. how reputable it is). 

Any opinions in reference to the reputation of the Western program? It seems interesting since it combined a thesis and internship. I was just wondering how reputable it is/ what the acceptance rate is like. 

thank you in advance :) 

3 hours ago, Mar____ said:

Hi there! Interviews were yesterday for Western, I think that was for their second round. I was wondering if you have any insight in reference to the strength of the program (i.e. how reputable it is). 

Thank you very much for letting me know! I guess I will eventually hear from them. I know that the program is accredited by the CRPO (College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario) and you will be completing a thesis, as well as the practicums. It seems like a great program :) Good luck!

2 hours ago, psyttmere said:

Thank you very much for letting me know! I guess I will eventually hear from them. I know that the program is accredited by the CRPO (College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario) and you will be completing a thesis, as well as the practicums. It seems like a great program :) Good luck!

Thank you :) They mentioned that the graduate office will be contacting candidates with decisions in the beginning of next week. Hang in there! It is definitely a tough process :/ 

23 hours ago, MegArmstrong said:

Has anyone heard from UNB or UNBC yet? I feel like it’s weird that we haven’t heard anything at all and it’s already over halfway into April! 

I also have not heard anything from UNBC. I messaged them at the end of March but they never replied to me. 

Edited by LETMEINpsyc

7 hours ago, Mar____ said:

Thank you :) They mentioned that the graduate office will be contacting candidates with decisions in the beginning of next week. Hang in there! It is definitely a tough process ?

Thank you! Best of luck for your applications!

Congrats to those who got into the MA or MA Ed Stream. And those who are still on waitlists, keep holding on, I know it's incredibly hard. I accepted my MA Ed offer so anyone who is interested in connecting via whatsapp or email or whatever, please message me ? I'm from Toronto and want to get to know people before I make the shift to Ottawa. Roomies anyone? Haha

It doesn’t seem like Athabasca’s online program is too popular on here... but if anyone has applied, just wondering if you’ve heard anything? They did tell me back in February that decisions this year would be delayed about a month to end April/ beginning May. But I’m gettin antsy!

Hey PsychBabble! Sorry, I didn't see your reply to me back in March!

I applied to Athabasca and so did my sister. She just told me she got accepted yesterday. Mine still says under review. Her married name starts with B and I'm an S. Hopefully we will hear soon. So nerve wracking!

On 4/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, PsychBabble said:

It doesn’t seem like Athabasca’s online program is too popular on here... but if anyone has applied, just wondering if you’ve heard anything? They did tell me back in February that decisions this year would be delayed about a month to end April/ beginning May. But I’m gettin antsy!

Oops didn't quote you!

I applied to Athabasca and so did my sister. She just told me she got accepted yesterday. Mine still says under review. Her married name starts with B and I'm an S. Hopefully we will hear soon. So nerve wracking!

On 4/29/2021 at 10:17 AM, Jade99 said:

Oops didn't quote you!

Congrats to her! Is she accepting the offer? The waiting is so nerve wracking! ?

On 5/6/2021 at 3:01 PM, PsychBabble said:

Congrats to her! Is she accepting the offer? The waiting is so nerve wracking! ?

Yes, she did accept! I was offered admission as well on Friday (although the process was a bit crazy, because they had missed one of my pre-reqs). I am accepting as well.

I hope that you have heard good news!!

1 hour ago, Jade99 said:

Yes, she did accept! I was offered admission as well on Friday (although the process was a bit crazy, because they had missed one of my pre-reqs). I am accepting as well.

I hope that you have heard good news!!

Oh interesting!  They said I didn’t meet a pre-req which is kind of crazy based on my background degree profession. How did you go about getting your pre-req re-evaluated? They never asked me for clarification or course syllabus for the course I believe should meet the pre-req.

congrats btw!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 4:00 AM, Jamie1 said:

I also haven't heard back from UNBC. Has anyone else gotten word yet?

I just heard back from UNBC about 40 minutes ago with a rejection letter. Glad to finally know!!

Good luck to anyone else who applied :)

15 minutes ago, MegArmstrong said:

I just heard back from UNBC about 40 minutes ago with a rejection letter. Glad to finally know!!

Good luck to anyone else who applied :)

Yes, I also heard back at the same time with the same outcome. What was more disappointing than the decision was how long they took to get back to us (it's nearing June!). Nevertheless, best of luck to anyone who got admitted this year.