MSW.K

21 hours ago, monavocado said:

Has anyone who applied heard back from UMD lately? I think the last time someone posted about an acceptance here was mid Feb.

Hey, I haven't heard yet and I applied in Dec, last LOR submitted Jan 13th (so I guess I applied the 13th).  

On 3/20/2021 at 10:04 PM, ShinyLapras said:

I just got my acceptance today. It was an email to check my portal which made me super nervous! No fin aid or scholarship info tho. 

Congrats!!!!! When did you apply? 

3 hours ago, mswhopeful21 said:

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said that those who applied before the priority deadline (12/1) will hear in February (it was strange because they said that in March), and the rest of the applicants will hear at the end of March to early April. This was a few weeks ago, so you can probably reach out to get a more updated timeline!

Okay, I'll probably reach out if I don't hear by the second week of April.

16 hours ago, cwever said:

I was accepted to the University of Pittsburgh and accepted their offer a few weeks back. I'll be doing the Advanced Standing track with the COSA concentration. I visited their campus last month and their Associate Dean gave my family and I a personalized tour. That was a major pull for me when making a decision, I definitely had the most personable experience with Pitt.

That's awesome!! And congrats! I'm going to Pitt on Saturday to visit. Did you contact the associate dean directly or who did you contact in order to schedule a tour?

47 minutes ago, mag9 said:

That's awesome!! And congrats! I'm going to Pitt on Saturday to visit. Did you contact the associate dean directly or who did you contact in order to schedule a tour?

Yep! His name is Keith Caldwell. I had been talking back and forth with him a bit and when I mentioned I was coming to campus, he offered to show my family and I around. He's great- I would definitely email him and ask if he would be able to show you around a bit. He showed my family and I around campus, we couldn't go in anywhere, but he was still willing to walk us around and offered good tips for things to do in the area.

3 hours ago, FearedEffect said:

@cccrsn22 I applied in the first week of January. I e-mailed them today since I got an offer from NYU. Columbia told me two weeks and that they are working to release decisions as quickly as possible. If I don't hear by the end of next week I'll have to seek an extension from NYU or pay the deposit.

Thank you, I appreciate it

On 3/23/2021 at 10:04 AM, mdsw said:

Hey, I haven't heard yet and I applied in Dec, last LOR submitted Jan 13th (so I guess I applied the 13th).  

I applied November 27th and heard back from Maryland on February 8th if that helps! good luck :) 

18 hours ago, socialwork21 said:

does anyone know anything about the reputation of BU's MSW program clinically? I haven't really been able to get a sense of whether it is more clinically or macro/policy focused.

From the info sessions I have gone to it seems to be a mixture of both. They say in order to be a social worker you need to be skilled both in clinical and macro. You get a strong foundation in those two areas but can choose whether to be on the macro or clinical track. You are able to even major in clinical and minor in macro (but not the other way around) if you want. There is also a MPH/MSW dual degree program I am not sure if your interested in that but that could be related to policy. I don’t know whether i can speak about it’s reputation, besides it is a respected university and school of social work (in the top 10), but I hope that maybe helps you!

1 hour ago, j.peg said:

I applied November 27th and heard back from Maryland on February 8th if that helps! good luck :) 

Thank you! Did you get an email saying your application was under review? I just received one this morning, but I hadn't emailed to check on the status or anything. 

On 3/15/2021 at 3:59 PM, cslim said:

Has anyone heard from UT Austin who applied for the January deadline?

Just saw my status changed to "forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review" - but nothing new. I applied at the last possible second, and my final LOR wasn't in until 1/20. Have you seen any update on your status?

2 hours ago, mdsw said:

Thank you! Did you get an email saying your application was under review? I just received one this morning, but I hadn't emailed to check on the status or anything. 

The subject of the email was “University of Maryland Decision awaits” and it said to check the portal to see my admissions letter.

3 hours ago, brokeactor said:

Just saw my status changed to "forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review" - but nothing new. I applied at the last possible second, and my final LOR wasn't in until 1/20. Have you seen any update on your status?

My status changed to "forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review" about a week ago, and I received an email stating that they had received my application, and "after faculty members of the Graduate Admissions Committee evaluate each application, we will forward a recommendation for a decision to the Vice President and Dean of Graduate Studies at The University. We will notify you through the MyStatus website as soon as our decision is made." Before my status changed, I had also emailed the graduate advisor who told me that we should expect a decision within 10-12 weeks of the January 15th deadline, so we should hopefully be hearing back any day now

1 hour ago, kfmsw2021 said:

I just got accepted to Penn's MSW program with a 38k scholarship. ?

Whoa, that's an awesome scholarship - congratulations!!!!! So glad all these good things are finally coming your way; I can't imagine having to wait past a deadline for an acceptance. You earned it!! 

Penn is also the last program I'm waiting on. I know they said two weeks after an interview is around the time to get a decision, but does anyone know if this is actually the case? When did you interview? 

Eager to have this acceptance season be over with so we can all decide where we're going and plan for our futures!! 

50 minutes ago, genericmswname said:

Whoa, that's an awesome scholarship - congratulations!!!!! So glad all these good things are finally coming your way; I can't imagine having to wait past a deadline for an acceptance. You earned it!! 

Penn is also the last program I'm waiting on. I know they said two weeks after an interview is around the time to get a decision, but does anyone know if this is actually the case? When did you interview? 

Eager to have this acceptance season be over with so we can all decide where we're going and plan for our futures!! 

Thank you so much for your kind congrats! 

I was able to interview last Thursday morning at 8AM with Bryanna Bonner, and I just heard back today around 4PM through an email sent about a status update. So essentially, there was a 1 week turnaround time for me. 

I really hope you can find out soon, too! Keep us updated. When did you interview?

4 hours ago, genericmswname said:

I was accepted to Penn 15 days after my interview. Good luck! :)

On 3/21/2021 at 2:41 AM, swprospect said:

Hey! I was referred to this link to submit a reconsideration request (need to send mine soon): 

https://apply-ssa.uchicago.edu/register/scholarshiprequest

Did you submit yours through there? Not sure what the timeline is on them getting back to appealers, unfortunately.

Hi Thanks so much! Yeah I used this link and just heard back today that they are only able to offer 5k more which unfortunately is still unrealistic for me. About to decline my offer of admissions):

16 hours ago, aaj12 said:

anyone who applied to columbia after priority deadline hear back yet? i know they said we'd hear by early April, but USC gave me a final extension until April 1st, so i'm worried i won't hear back in time :( 

No :( I got extensions from Penn and NYU for April and I'm also very anxious.