NSF GRFP 2020-2021

jmillar

3 hours ago, gb123 said:

That's a good point! My best guess would be for Tuesday, March 30; Friday, April 1; or Tuesday, April 6! We will just have to wait and see ?

April Fools does not seem like an ideal day to release NSF-GRFP decisions. ?

3 hours ago, gb123 said:

That's a good point! My best guess would be for Tuesday, March 30; Friday, April 1; or Tuesday, April 6! We will just have to wait and see ?

? Friday actually falls on April 2nd so I think we are good there jaja

Just now, fuzzy said:

I wish results would be released tomorrow but i know they wont and ill have to wait till the last week of March, most likely :(

I wish the same, but I also believe the same.

Luckily, the last full week of March is indeed next week. We're all so close to knowing. And not to sound cheesy or anything, but we're in this waiting game together. I can tell we're all (generally...) getting really curious about the results!

Hang in there! I'm planning to set up activities for myself to healthily distract myself from thinking about results until/whenever they do arrive (or unless there's a clear enough indication that results are on the way...I'll reserve my excitement and intense anxiety for then--just being honest *shrug*). But really, I (personally) do understand the struggle right now!

On 3/17/2021 at 6:37 PM, lkaitlyn said:

April Fools does not seem like an ideal day to release NSF-GRFP decisions. ?

They did this one year I believe!

When I say that I GASPED...

I'm shaking now. I have no idea if this is the real-deal, but I think it is. I have no idea how I'm going to focus today, but I'm going for a walk now. I need to clear my mind now.

Good luck to everyone!!

it definitely is. it wouldnt be on the grfp login page if it wasnt. i was really hoping for today since last yr there was saturday 12 hr maintenance before the results were released after more maintenance on monday night/tuesday morning. ive been waiting so much for this but now that its here imma throw up omg

37 minutes ago, Sec0ndBreakf4st said:

It's not on the fastlane site yet, and I think normally it's on both. Do you think a maintenance notification will show up there too sometime?

here's the link to the fastlane site: https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/

Good point (though, I'm personally unsure if it's put on both sites. Maybe?). I sure hope it shows up there as well.

Just now, Sec0ndBreakf4st said:

Any good suggestions for how to make today go by faster? My only plans rn are to continue to avoid working on my paper that's due tomorrow

I have an evening full of plans, thankfully. Cooking dinner, walking around familiar streets outside. It happens to be a really nice day where I am, so I want to take advantage of that. I really suggest a walk or light exercise. I walked for at least a half-hour this morning, and I felt a lot better after realizing that results might very well come out super soon. I also have some paints and cheap, small canvases I might use (I am no artist, believe me.). Finally, I like to write haikus. Maybe I'll come up with a silly and lighthearted one for today.

That's just me though. Before the evening hits, I'm just watching/listening to some YouTube videos that make me happy. I was just listening to Queen actually. :) 

Hopefully this helps/I'm in a somewhat similar boat--and good luck with your paper!

6 hours ago, EnGarde said:

Check during the wee hours after midnight.

Some kind, neurotic soul from last year made this nifty spreadsheet (thank you, person in old thread!), if anyone wants to obsess more. FYI, the first to post about last year was ~11:15 EST.

Edit: Also check out that thread for detailed analyses regarding average time between maintenance starting and results being released.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 5.32.23 PM.png

Edited by lkaitlyn