NSF GRFP 2020-2021

jmillar

9 minutes ago, matchem28 said:

Does anyone know if it is fine toĀ add text right next toĀ the "Intellectual Merit" and "Broader Impacts" headings? OrĀ you have to make the headings in its own line and then add texts below?

I put it right next to it... I've seen it done this way by other people who have received it so i assume its fine.. idk

11 hours ago, matchem28 said:

For truncate citation, if I only put Journal, year, volume, pages, is it acceptable?

I think you might need author names (format: Lastname, X.).

If you already have that, I did something quite similar--and IĀ also believe I've seen examples with similar citation formats. Good luck!

2 hours ago, psychologygengar said:

Just turned in my app. Wish I started earlier (my statement could be a bit heavier on broader impacts I think). Just hoping 5 pubs will carry me through.Ā 

5 pubs is quite a lot! That's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi everyone, late to this thread!! i also applied for this round (but as a MA student, and also in sociology?) and am really nervous that i will be rejected in favor of PhD students, especially in a social science field.Ā i recall that the NSF GRFP past winners page had very few (if any) MA students (this could be empirical in that less MA students apply..), not sure if anyone here has a betterĀ idea.Ā how is everyone else doing in this Long Wait?

On 1/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, skilu said:

I'm just hoping we have now made it past the clinical rejection without review phase, but with COVID, who knows, they may still be looking at those.

I think at this point they already sent back the applications that they feel like it was based on clinical stuff.

On 10/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, jameshgrn said:

Anyone else not really do proper time management and is now swamped with everything? I'm stressed out ?

Dude, that has been the theme of my applications this year. Still catching up. You're not alone, my friend.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, Bernt said:

I received GRFP last year.Ā For the references section, I used size 10 Times New Roman Font and truncated citations (First Author et al. (YEAR) Journal). I put a space between each citation, as opposed to one on each line. Not sure if the rules changed this year, but I had no issues with this format last year.

When did you hear back? Was it right when they said, or before?Ā 

1 hour ago, psycholokri said:

I was notified April 21st at 8AM. Last cycle's GRFP thread included an acceptance timeline for past cycles, which should give you an idea of when the acceptances typically go out.

3 hours ago, psycholokri said:

I update this every year. These are the first mentions of people getting the email, but some do receive them later:

2020: Tuesday, March 31 (right near midnight 30/31st)
2019: Tuesday, April 9
2018: Tuesday, April 3
2017: Friday, March 17
2016: Tuesday, March 29
2015: Tuesday, March 31
2014: Tuesday, April 1
2013: Friday, March 29
2012: Friday, March 20
2011: Tuesday, April 5
2010: Tuesday, April 6
2009: Friday, April 10 & Tuesday, May 19 (released in 2 batches)
2008: Tuesday, April 1
2007: Friday, March 23
2006: Thursday, March 30
2005: Saturday, April 9
2004: Thursday, March 18
2003: Friday, April 4
2002: Friday, March 15
2001: Tuesday, March 20

Pretty consistent Tuesday or Friday for the past 15 years. Usually near end of March / beginning of April.

• 1 month later...