MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

23 minutes ago, artist wannabe said:

Do you mind letting me know if there is an update in your application portal after you get the interview invitation. I somehow set the wrong email for RISD and i'm reaching out to the admission office to solve it and until then I cannot receive emails from RISD. Thx a lot.

application portal looks the same as before. The admission sends an email with a google drive link to the information about your interview.

12 hours ago, refereemandem said:

application portal looks the same as before. The admission sends an email with a google drive link to the information about your interview.

Do you know if they send rejection letters soon after the interview invitations? I didn't get an email from them so I'm guessing I am rejected.

12 minutes ago, berries said:

Do you know if they send rejection letters soon after the interview invitations? I didn't get an email from them so I'm guessing I am rejected.

sorry, i'm not sure what their process is. I do have a friend who also applied for risd Painting and he got an interview invitation yesterday as well. other departments may have different schedules. 

1 hour ago, refereemandem said:

sorry, i'm not sure what their process is. I do have a friend who also applied for risd Painting and he got an interview invitation yesterday as well. other departments may have different schedules. 

Thank you for your response. Good luck with your interview!

14 hours ago, sunnydelightt said:

Who did you guys have write for your letters of rec? How important are those and do the people writing them make a big difference? 

I had my art professor, curator, and friend (who practices art) write mine! Letter of recommendations are really important to graduate schools as this platform allows individuals who have worked with you to thoroughly talk about you and your talent. At open house Yale said stated that they don't like letter of recommendations that are only a paragraph. It has to be thorough and more about you within the field of practice. I understood that completely because letter of recommendations show an individuals personality and how motivated/determined they are to succeed. 

Edited by NoraEllie

I had my department chair and other professors write my letters of recommendation. I asked them because I felt they knew me and my work well, that our professional relationships were good and enduring, and that they were involved in and committed to my success. I know some of them to be well-connected-- there were other profs I could have asked who I also have good relationships with, but I opted to ask those I knew to have some pull. we'll find out soon if that clout paid off for me haha.

21 hours ago, Hphphphp said:

Gosh! So much suspense, yes. I just got an interview invite from Northwestern’s ATP for mid-Feb, I have one with SMFA the week before that. I am still waiting to hear from other schools ? but super happy about ATP ?

Good luck eveybody!!! ?

I have one with SMFA this coming Tuesday as well! Good luck with yours. Who’s is yours with?

7 hours ago, berries said:

Thank you for your response. Good luck with your interview!

you welcome, and thank you.

I've been out of undergrad for 6 years and this is my 4th round applying to MFA programs. First time i've ever gotten to a interview round. 

Edited by refereemandem
4th not 3rd