UChicago Harris 2021

yikes1998

On 4/7/2021 at 8:10 AM, excxn said:

Anyone hear back about scholarship reconsideration yet?

Yes. I received an extra 25,000 to my scholarship! Harris has been the ONLY program that has shown me they are willing to invest in my dream! I am more than humbled. I will be accepting my offer! I toured the campus yesterday with my Jenny, it’s magical. I am sending everyone love and well wishes!

On 4/7/2021 at 8:24 PM, undecided22 said:

Does anyone know how much you can earn as a research assistant and during a summer internship? While I wait on my scholarship reconsideration request, I’m wondering how feasible it is to make some money while I’m there.

I think this depends on where you live. I live in Berkeley and the avg rate is 18- 22 an hour. I make 19 as a research assistant and 30 as a development coordinator doing research. :) 

Update on my end. I got an email from them regarding revised aid and they refused to even increase me a single penny!! I was expecting at least a $5000 increase given the massive cost of the program. And even if not that then at least something, but they did not give me a single cent increase in aid. I was very disappointed by that, but honestly I should have expected it given the fact that they are not that well known for being generous. Anyways, I turned them down to accept an offer from UCLA Luskin. 

Anyone have any updates on their end? 

On 4/10/2021 at 6:12 AM, Nicole1989__ said:

Yes. I received an extra 25,000 to my scholarship! Harris has been the ONLY program that has shown me they are willing to invest in my dream! I am more than humbled. I will be accepting my offer! I toured the campus yesterday with my Jenny, it’s magical. I am sending everyone love and well wishes!

Damn. Congratulations!!! I am glad that at least one person was able to get an increase in their funding. They must really want you go to there if they boosted your funding by $25,000. If you don't mind me asking, how much are they offering in total? 

Anyways, congratulations on Harris!!! I hope that you enjoy the next two years. 

A lot of people individually messaged me over the Whatsapp group links and google doc for housing but since it's almost deadline day and I won't be checking GradCafe much anymore I'll drop it to everybody here:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Hq990OkuN6g7dH2lyaRmz7?fbclid=IwAR3WDqnf-5TUYDKwvPQh8onEv-XSa5wFCnFJiIpJ5zPi_qBx0dcfeAv4HUo

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1ZCCxN9xaG-v5CDKw9il-a872faWonC41B-AMalIRRvo/htmlview

Google Doc can't be edited on your laptop, only your phone.

On a parting note: Excited to see everyone who've accepted their offers on campus this fall! And to those who've chosen other destinations, good luck! GradCafe's been a great help to me over the last year so thanks to all. 

• 4 weeks later...