UChicago Harris 2021

yikes1998

3 hours ago, Saf78 said:

Has anyone received an email about scholarship reconsideration yet? 

I haven't. I'll like to know how this works with UChicago Harris. Is there such an email about scholarship reconsideration?

6 hours ago, mppFall2021 said:

Has anyone made it through the Waitlist yet? HKS just sent out admissions last week so hopefully we see some movement.

Still nothing on my front. I was waitlisted EA, and it has been radio silence since then.

Has anyone submitted a scholarship reconsideration form to Harris yet? I just wanted to make sure that the extra aid I ask for is reasonable (in that form).

Did you know anyone who got a full scholarship (tuition + direct fees + stipend)?

I admit I got competitive offers from Harvard MPP and Yale Jackson's MA that offered way much more aid than Harris did. However, I'm still interested in the possibility of going to Booth/Harris if other MBA programs don't work out.

Someone else said "I have heard the max is $45k but that could be wrong."

11 hours ago, wildchartermage said:

Has anyone submitted a scholarship reconsideration form to Harris yet? I just wanted to make sure that the extra aid I ask for is reasonable (in that form).

Did you know anyone who got a full scholarship (tuition + direct fees + stipend)?

I admit I got competitive offers from Harvard MPP and Yale Jackson's MA that offered way much more aid than Harris did. However, I'm still interested in the possibility of going to Booth/Harris if other MBA programs don't work out.

Someone else said "I have heard the max is $45k but that could be wrong."

I submitted the scholarship reconsideration. It’s a process that requires that you send them a bunch of stuff and tell them how much money you want and explain why they should give it to you. I got accepted for MPP and given $20,000 of the $60,000 a year tuition. I got a full ride elsewhere so unless Harris can match a full ride I don’t think I’ll go there but I submitted it anyways since I figured why not at least try and see if they are open to it. 

6 hours ago, Skipper18542 said:

I submitted the scholarship reconsideration. It’s a process that requires that you send them a bunch of stuff and tell them how much money you want and explain why they should give it to you. I got accepted for MPP and given $20,000 of the $60,000 a year tuition. I got a full ride elsewhere so unless Harris can match a full ride I don’t think I’ll go there but I submitted it anyways since I figured why not at least try and see if they are open to it. 

Ditto. Got more aid at other schools (Harvard and Yale) so not likely to go to Harris unless I don't get into Wharton/MIT/Yale for my MBA program. (Join/concurrent degree applicant)

9 hours ago, wildchartermage said:

Ditto. Got more aid at other schools (Harvard and Yale) so not likely to go to Harris unless I don't get into Wharton/MIT/Yale for my MBA program. (Join/concurrent degree applicant)

I didn’t apply to Harvard or Yale, but out or curiosity, is the aid they give any good? Harris is fairly stingy to me it seems despite their deep pockets so I’m curious how those other two compare. 

20 minutes ago, Skipper18542 said:

I didn’t apply to Harvard or Yale, but out or curiosity, is the aid they give any good? Harris is fairly stingy to me it seems despite their deep pockets so I’m curious how those other two compare. 

See my signature. Yale Jackson gave me full funding. HKS full funding for the first year but still on the hook for a third semester. Will try to negotiate or explore other funding options.

I submitted a scholarship recon form to Harris just today, leveraging my offers from other schools. I guess can't hurt to try and see how they respond.

Edited by wildchartermage

7 minutes ago, wildchartermage said:

See my signature. Yale Jackson gave me full funding. HKS full funding for the first year but still on the hook for a third semester. Will try to negotiate or explore other funding options.

I submitted a scholarship recon form to Harris just today, leveraging my offers from other schools. I guess can't hurt to try and see how they respond.

Those are very good offers from Harvard and Yale tbh. I don’t know if Harris will match given everything I’ve read about them but no harm in trying. Congratulations on getting accepted into all these programs. You must have a killer resume. 

On 3/25/2021 at 2:06 AM, undecided22 said:

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is for the MSCAPP program?

How many people apply and how big is the class size?

Not sure about the acceptance rates but the class size should be about 50-60.