UChicago Harris 2021

yikes1998

Harris School applicant here, although for the next deadline—I simply do not have my life together enough to apply so early. I was considering the MSCAPP first, but my current options are 1) MPP, 2) MSCAPP. 

Sending you positive vibes as you finish up your application this week!

2 hours ago, kb_sf said:

Applying to MSCAPP next week. Good luck to everyone on all your apps! Just an FYI for early applicants, on the resume webinar today, the Harris Admissions team indicated that their goal is to get admissions decisions out before Thanksgiving.

Applying EA as well, thanks for the inside info! It'd be great to have good news to share with the fam on Turkey Day.

Did anyone apply or is considering applying for the CEG fellowship? I'm really interested in it and the topic aligns well with my career goals, but can't find much information outside of the website. Understandable, since it is new.

Edited by Twiste

1 hour ago, Twiste said:

Did anyone apply or is considering applying for the CEG fellowship? I'm really interested in it and the topic aligns well with my career goals, but can't find much information outside of the website. Understandable, since it is new.

Yep I'm applying to the CEG fellowship myself. When I was on a call with the admissions folks and asked them about it more (how much $$ does the fellowship provide etc), they weren't able to give me too many details. I think they're still figuring things out regarding this fellowship. 

11 hours ago, Saf78 said:

I'm also looking to apply EA as well for MS-CAPP. Have any of you submitted GRE scores even though they're not required?

Nope, I don’t intend to submit GRE scores! Anyone applying for MS-CAPP fresh from college? I feel like most MS-CAPP students have some work experience, so that’s slightly concerning.

Question for y'all. The early action deadline for UChicago is today and I've submitted my application. However I'm still waiting on one of my professors to submit a recommendation. If he only ends up submitting it later in the week does that mean my application will not be read as Early Action / within the bounds of the deadline? Emailed Admissions, but wanted to get additional thoughts. 

2 hours ago, excxn said:

@joshyboy In one of the info sessions they mentioned that it's fine if just one of your professor is submitting just a few days late (I think they said 3-5), so it sounds like it should still count as Early Action.

Appreciate the response, mate! Admissions office confirmed the same thing to me. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Applied EA for the MPP. 110% in on Harris as my top choice, and I am not submitting another app until I hear back. No GMAT/GRE submitted here either... 

Good luck all! Fingers crossed!

Edited by UhOh...

According to last year’s thread, it looks like EA applicants heard back on Friday, November 15th! Do we think decisions will go out this Friday the 13th? Or unlikely? Also, does anyone know the size of the EA pool this year and/or how many students are selected? Any info you guys have would be sincerely appreciated! :) 

1 hour ago, FrenchFry22 said:

According to last year’s thread, it looks like EA applicants heard back on Friday, November 15th! Do we think decisions will go out this Friday the 13th? Or unlikely? Also, does anyone know the size of the EA pool this year and/or how many students are selected? Any info you guys have would be sincerely appreciated! :)

I would be surprised if the turnaround time was that quick (I think last year their early deadline was Oct 1?), but I'm hopeful! I feel like closer to Thanksgiving would be more likely.

On 11/12/2020 at 7:19 AM, kb_sf said:

I would be surprised if the turnaround time was that quick (I think last year their early deadline was Oct 1?), but I'm hopeful! I feel like closer to Thanksgiving would be more likely.

Yea I agree haha! As much as I'm dying to find out, the results will probably only be out in two weeks time? In other news, did anyone sign up for the events for submitted applicants?

19 hours ago, yikes1998 said:

Yea I agree haha! As much as I'm dying to find out, the results will probably only be out in two weeks time? In other news, did anyone sign up for the events for submitted applicants?

I did! I signed up for the virtual class experience and the virtual living room event. Both will be very interesting I hope! Definitely looking forward to the class experience for sure. How about you/everyone else?

On 11/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, FrenchFry22 said:

I did! I signed up for the virtual class experience and the virtual living room event. Both will be very interesting I hope! Definitely looking forward to the class experience for sure. How about you/everyone else?

I'm also doing the virtual living room. I want to do the virtual class experience but I'm busy then :(

On 11/11/2020 at 3:11 PM, FrenchFry22 said:

i heard from admissions that they got more EA apps than they expected, but i'm not sure if it's more than usual or they just expected less this year. 

1 hour ago, policykid10 said:

i heard from admissions that they got more EA apps than they expected, but i'm not sure if it's more than usual or they just expected less this year. 

Any idea on when the decisions will be out? Heard from them last week that decisions will be released by this week.