Jump to content

DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022


Recommended Posts

Hey everyone!

Some of us were commenting on the forum for 2020-2021聽applications, so I figured I聽should create one for this year, so it's easier for people to find it.

I've applied to the architecture programme 2021-2022.

Let's be anxious together!

Edited by JJ2888
Added tags
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

News from Ukraine! I just got an email that I have new massage in the portal. There was a document attached to this massage saying that I got the scholarship!! Yay!!馃槃 I applied for PhD scholarship. I

I everyone two days ago i got the scholarship, i am so so happy. Best regards to all that are still waiting聽

Hi聽everyone! I just got the message telling me that I got聽the scholarship 馃槂. I'm sooooooo happy. They say they will send me the official award letter as soon as possible. I won a short-term grant

Posted Images

Hey everyone,

I am applying for DAAD Scholarship-聽Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, and I was wondering in the section requiring to聽list the modules and聽courses scheduled for each semester聽should we write every module- including all the options for elective modules, or only the ones we are planning to choose? I would be very grateful if someone could clarify this for me. 聽聽

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

I actually had the same doubt as you, @Diellza!

In my application I wrote down each module and their respective credits and聽I wrote down the elective courses I'm planning to choose. Filling this out聽was quite a long process, it took a lot more time than I expected.

I'm not sure if that is what they expected though, it would be interesting聽to know if anyone else has done it differently!

Good luck to all of us!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Diellza, I took the course profile directly from the university im targeting and attached it to the Course Profile section, however i did put some extra information aswell like my prefferred courses i would like to take in my motivation letter but in th ecourse profile aswell聽

Good luck with the application i just finished mine yesterday it was a close call but i managed to send everything on time!

Also wanted to ask a few questions of my own at the Option tab theres 2 douments for a video conferene call and virtual selection statement, i did fill them and sent them did anyone else do that ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied for聽DAAD Scholarship-聽Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, targeting Anhalt University and Bauhaus Weimar University M.A Architecture programme.

Couldnt catch the specialized DAAD Architecture scholarship!

Extremely anxious聽i hope i did everything correctly!聽馃槄

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sara,

The status on mine says Paper copies received.

The last notification I received was this:

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme.

Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process.

A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January 2021 (25.01.2021) on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing.

If selection is only made in January, maybe their applications were incomplete?

Or maybe for different programmes, selection is on different dates, mine is architecture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JJ2888 said:

Hi Sara,

The status on mine says Paper copies received.

The last notification I received was this:

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme.

Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process.

A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January 2021 (25.01.2021) on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing.

If selection is only made in January, maybe their applications were incomplete?

Or maybe for different programmes, selection is on different dates, mine is architecture.

I think it depends on the country where they applied, because the applicants from Iran must do an interview. After interview, they will select for funding process.

Do you think the COVID pandemic will affect the outcomes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sara Mir said:

I think it depends on the country where they applied, because the applicants from Iran must do an interview. After interview, they will select for funding process.

Do you think the COVID pandemic will affect the outcomes?

I truly hope not.

One of the courses I applied to starts in April and we might not have a widely distributed vaccine by then.聽I expect the situation will be much better by October.

So far Germany has been allowing the entry of students who can prove their presence is required. Let's hope that doesn't change!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone!

Since I got some useful info about the application process last year in the thread about the last year's DAAD scholarship round, I am going to write a little bit here about my application this year, hope it will help someone in the future too.

I come from Europe and am applying for 1 year research grant for doctoral candidates. Deadline was November 16 for submission in the DAAD portal, afterwards I had to send hard copies to the dispatching national agency in my country. The DAAD contacted me few days after the deadline about some documents missing in my application (my mistake, forgot to attach one file) and asked me to correct it within 1 week, which I did and they immediately replied that my application is complete now.

As of today, the application status in the portal is 'Application submitted'.

I will keep posting updates about the progress.

Good luck everyone with your own applications!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! Im FREAKING OUT because I applied to the聽Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film in November. I had to send my portfolio through post but I haven't received any notification about them... I tracked my package and it said that it was delivered but no news from DAAD :(聽

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Monica, when was your application deadline?

I received a message from DAAD confirming my application was complete and would be considered. That was about a month after the application deadline.聽

That time probably varies for different countries and programmes. I wouldn鈥檛 worry for now, if it says it was delivered, they have it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M贸nica RM said:

Hello! Im FREAKING OUT because I applied to the聽Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film in November. I had to send my portfolio through post but I haven't received any notification about them... I tracked my package and it said that it was delivered but no news from DAAD :(

I would recommend contacting the respective DAAD office directly and ask them whether your portfolio was delivered, they usually inform applicants within a month or so, as @JJ2888 said. Better safe than sorry! In which country do you apply?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

I applied for the architecture programme 2021-2022. Today two of my friends who are also applying recieved an automated email saying that the next step is to upload the portfolio digitally and they have until January 6th to do so, but I haven't recceived such email nor have any messages in the Portal. I have already sent a message asking what's going on in聽the portal but still no response. I'm kinda freaking out. Is anybody in a similar situation? My application status appears as "Paper copies received".

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rexsalazar94 said:

Hello everyone,

I applied for the architecture programme 2021-2022. Today two of my friends who are also applying recieved an automated email saying that the next step is to upload the portfolio digitally and they have until January 6th to do so, but I haven't recceived such email nor have any messages in the Portal. I have already sent a message asking what's going on in聽the portal but still no response. I'm kinda freaking out. Is anybody in a similar situation? My application status appears as "Paper copies received".

Hey @Rexsalazar94, I've not received that notification either, I also have "paper copies received".聽

I sent my printed portfolio with my application though, so I didn't expect them to require a digital portfolio.

Which country are you applying from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JJ2888 said:

Hey @Rexsalazar94, I've not received that notification either, I also have "paper copies received".聽

I sent my printed portfolio with my application though, so I didn't expect them to require a digital portfolio.

Which country are you applying from?

We are applying from Guatemala and the email said this:

"Dear applicant, you have applied for the Study Scholarship: Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture and submitted the portfolio of your work samples by post. As next step for your application, we kindly ask you to upload your portfolio of work samples in the media data base link that you will find below. Please submit your digital portfolio by January 6th, 2021. Your digital portfolio must be identical to the one you originally submitted with your application by post to the DAAD.聽

Further instructions....

Please note: Applications whose digital portfolios do not meet the above-mentioned technical requirements or whose portfolios have been uploaded after the given deadline will not be further considered in the selection process.

Best regards, ST31, Latin America Section"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!!

I applied to the聽Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film in november too, and still waiting. I'm wondering when they send the results? I read in the PhD scholarship topic that they send about March or April?? So definitely we have to apply to the universities before hahaha living in uncertainty

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rexsalazar94 said:

We are applying from Guatemala and the email said this:

"Dear applicant, you have applied for the Study Scholarship: Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture and submitted the portfolio of your work samples by post. As next step for your application, we kindly ask you to upload your portfolio of work samples in the media data base link that you will find below. Please submit your digital portfolio by January 6th, 2021. Your digital portfolio must be identical to the one you originally submitted with your application by post to the DAAD.聽

Further instructions....

Please note: Applications whose digital portfolios do not meet the above-mentioned technical requirements or whose portfolios have been uploaded after the given deadline will not be further considered in the selection process.

Best regards, ST31, Latin America Section"

Hey聽Rexsalazar94,

I'm in the same situation, but I'm applying from Poland, also for the architecture studies, I didn't receive any email about uploading my portfolio to the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thefoltyn said:

Hey聽Rexsalazar94,

I'm in the same situation, but I'm applying from Poland, also for the architecture studies, I didn't receive any email about uploading my portfolio to the system.

Hey @thefoltyn,

I still haven't received any reply from the DAAD and the regional offices (Costa Rica) told me they didn't know anything. I'll let you all know if they reply.聽

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am applying for a scholarship for all master disciplines and got this today聽

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme. Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. At a later stage in the proceedings, a preselection will be made on the basis of all written applications.All applicants who meet the requirements will be invited to attend a personal interview. The selection committee is meeting from 17/02/2021 to 18/02/2021. Because we are only able to inform you of the actual date at fairly short notice, we kindly ask you to keep this period free. Unfortunately, preferred appointment times cannot usually be considered for organisational reasons. Selection will occur exclusively online via video conference. To attend the video conference, please complete the form "Statement of attendance at the virtual selection meeting" which can be found in the DAAD portal under "Options 鈥 Video conference statement" and upload it to the same location in the portal by 21/12/2020 at the latest. Please inform us immediately if you wish to withdraw your application. We wish you luck with the upcoming selection procedure.

I AM FREAKING OUTTTTT and will die until February!

Best of luck for you all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 1:24 PM, tomeu said:

Hello everyone!

Since I got some useful info about the application process last year in the thread about the last year's DAAD scholarship round, I am going to write a little bit here about my application this year, hope it will help someone in the future too.

I come from Europe and am applying for 1 year research grant for doctoral candidates. Deadline was November 16 for submission in the DAAD portal, afterwards I had to send hard copies to the dispatching national agency in my country. The DAAD contacted me few days after the deadline about some documents missing in my application (my mistake, forgot to attach one file) and asked me to correct it within 1 week, which I did and they immediately replied that my application is complete now.

As of today, the application status in the portal is 'Application submitted'.

I will keep posting updates about the progress.

Good luck everyone with your own applications!

Hey tomeu!

I'm also applying for the research grant (but just the one for 6 months). I've not received anything after the deadline on November 16. Only a summary of my application. Does this mean聽that my documents were complete? Attached is聽scheme about the decision making process which I've found on the DAAD website. According to this it takes approximately 2 months until we get an answer... I also will post updates about the progress. Thanks!

fitweltweit_entscheidungsprozess.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.