DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

18 hours ago, Bea99 said:

Hello! I have the conference application from the first day, but surely the change of status means something positive!! Good luck with that!

Also, did the status change in the last few days? Because I didn't hear anything from them since november and I was wondering if it happened to you as well or if I'm just extremely unlucky ahhaha

I didn't really check the portal on a daily basis so I don't know :((

On 2/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, Ayhem said:

Hi, 

I've  applied to research grant- doctoral programmes  and my application statues is still "application submitted" . the video conference is available as well but I'm not sure if it was there before .....Hope it means something positive  

Good luck for everyone 

Thanks for telling me!

19 hours ago, Bea99 said:

I also had that deadline... Still hoping to receive something. I guess we're still in the game until they say we're not anymore haha

Hopefully our offices just have different timetables. Did you by any chance send the application really close to the deadline? To be sure I checked it thousant times and I sent it in the last day. Maybe they are processing by arrival day and that's why it's taking so long? 

I am still considering to send an email but I don't want to be that person... Finger crossed for both of us!!

Yes, I sent it near the deadline as well... oh well, guess I deserve it for being lazy.

Edited by andrew51

On 2/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, Bea99 said:

Maybe they are processing by arrival day and that's why it's taking so long? 

I know for certain they do not start processing any applications until after the final deadline. Afterwards they check each applicant's file, and if there is anything wrong with your application (e.g. missing documents) they will write to you, but not before the cut-off date.

Is there anyone applied for the Design, Fine Art programe this year? I've already received some notification about a selection meeting will be held in February and they'll announce the result within 1-3 weeks after that meeting. I think the result will be posted at the end of Feb or at the beginning of Mar.

20 hours ago, tomeu said:

I know for certain they do not start processing any applications until after the final deadline. Afterwards they check each applicant's file, and if there is anything wrong with your application (e.g. missing documents) they will write to you, but not before the cut-off date.

Oh yes, you are right about it. I problably did not explain myself using the right words :)
I meant that maybe they are checking them in order, from the first arrived to the last one. But it's just a conjecture haha 

Hopefully they'll tell something soon 

On 2/11/2021 at 10:05 AM, transposon said:

I didn't really check the portal on a daily basis so I don't know :((

That's all right :) good luck!

On 2/9/2021 at 11:49 AM, transposon said:

hey everyone

I've applied to masters for all disciplines and now my status is pre-selection made. I didn't receive any notifications or e-mails but on the left under options, there is video conference application. does it mean that I passed the first round and now I'll have an interview or that option was available before as well?

Hello . I am in the same situation . My status is also PRE- SELECTION MADE . Should we fill the forms and upload under OPTIONS on the left side ? 

13 hours ago, phanchris5 said:

Is there anyone applied for the Design, Fine Art programe this year? I've already received some notification about a selection meeting will be held in February and they'll announce the result within 1-3 weeks after that meeting. I think the result will be posted at the end of Feb or at the beginning of Mar.

Hi, I'm not sure if it is exactly the same one but I applied for the Master of Arts one. I did recieve a notification telling me that all my files were received and that the decision could take longer than usual due to the pandemic, but no mention of the meeting's date. I hope we get results between February and March though, that would be great ?

13 hours ago, nichtsehrgut said:

Hi, I'm not sure if it is exactly the same one but I applied for the Master of Arts one. I did recieve a notification telling me that all my files were received and that the decision could take longer than usual due to the pandemic, but no mention of the meeting's date. I hope we get results between February and March though, that would be great ?

Hi, I just asked them and they said that the result may be announced later than last year. It could take until Spring (Mar, Apr) to announce the final result.

20 hours ago, Inomzhon said:

Hello . I am in the same situation . My status is also PRE- SELECTION MADE . Should we fill the forms and upload under OPTIONS on the left side ? 

Hi! I got a message, round 1 month after I had applied and the deadline was over, that all my documents were ok and that I should fill in the form regarding the video conference. Yesterday the status changed to pre selection made and I got an interview update. I am applying from Kosovo and the all masters scholarship.

16 hours ago, phanchris5 said:

Hi, I just asked them and they said that the result may be announced later than last year. It could take until Spring (Mar, Apr) to announce the final result.

Alright! Thanks for the info. BTW, did you have interview in your case? I do have the "preselection made" status but I haven't been contacted for interviews so far... ;|a

Hi everyone! Is there anyone who applied to "all disciplines" from Italy? Have you received any update on your application? Because my status is still "application submitted", and I have received only one message so far from DAAD saying that they found a missing document (so called "academic status") in my application during "formal check". I am 100% sure this was not included in the checklist of required documents when I was submitting my application back in autumn. But anyways I quickly filled out this form, and sent them back. But haven't received any response from them ever since. Did you also have similar experience?

As for the "video conference" section, on a reddit thread I found out that it's been made available only for those who have been selected for interviews. So it is kind of a good sign then :)  BUT, it is already mid-February and my status is still "application submitted" ?‍♂️  And it is actually so strange that DAAD provides no information about the procedures AFTER the submission of your app. Not a word about the possible announcement date of outcome or whatsoever (at least at the precision level of ±1 month). Also, as I now see, there will usually be an interview before the final selection. I wouldn't even know about this if it was not for forums like this. Anyways, people from Italy, I would be happy to hear about your experience. Thanks!

1 hour ago, axe12 said:

Hi everyone! Is there anyone who applied to "all disciplines" from Italy? Have you received any update on your application? Because my status is still "application submitted", and I have received only one message so far from DAAD saying that they found a missing document (so called "academic status") in my application during "formal check". I am 100% sure this was not included in the checklist of required documents when I was submitting my application back in autumn. But anyways I quickly filled out this form, and sent them back. But haven't received any response from them ever since. Did you also have similar experience?

As for the "video conference" section, on a reddit thread I found out that it's been made available only for those who have been selected for interviews. So it is kind of a good sign then :)  BUT, it is already mid-February and my status is still "application submitted" ?‍♂️  And it is actually so strange that DAAD provides no information about the procedures AFTER the submission of your app. Not a word about the possible announcement date of outcome or whatsoever (at least at the precision level of ±1 month). Also, as I now see, there will usually be an interview before the final selection. I wouldn't even know about this if it was not for forums like this. Anyways, people from Italy, I would be happy to hear about your experience. Thanks!

Hey! I applied from Italy too, and my status is still application submitted. The Italian referents for the DAAD scholarship published a document (on the Italian version of the website) stating that we won't be hearing from them until at least mid March, so I think it is totally normal. The document also said that there will be an interview and we will know more about it after they make the pre-selection. As for the "academic status" document, it was only included in the list of requirements for Italian students, but not on the general requirements on the DAAD website. I will link the document with all the information for Italian students so you can have a look:

https://www.daad.it/files/2020/11/DAAD-Borse-di-studio-annuali-Documento-informativo.pdf

Buona fortuna! :) 

1 hour ago, Martacapp said:

Hey! I applied from Italy too, and my status is still application submitted. The Italian referents for the DAAD scholarship published a document (on the Italian version of the website) stating that we won't be hearing from them until at least mid March, so I think it is totally normal. The document also said that there will be an interview and we will know more about it after they make the pre-selection. As for the "academic status" document, it was only included in the list of requirements for Italian students, but not on the general requirements on the DAAD website. I will link the document with all the information for Italian students so you can have a look:

https://www.daad.it/files/2020/11/DAAD-Borse-di-studio-annuali-Documento-informativo.pdf

Buona fortuna! :) 

Hey! Thanks a lot for the information! It cleared up a lot of my questions! And yes, as it turns out, there is quite a bit of useful info in the Italian version of the website; I always consulted the English version (an international student who is not so proficient in Italian yet ?)

Anyways, now I can calm myself down since I was getting worried after reading all those posts of students who already have had their interview and been getting updates on their status. So, I guess we will be getting the final results somewhere in April/May since the interviews (if we can actually make it to the interview stage, lol) are not gonna take place until at least mid-March. A long way ahead!

Grazie! E buona fortuna anche a te!

Has anyone from NZ heard anything? It’s really annoying me that I’ve heard absolutely nothing - I don’t want to spend half the year waiting for the DAAD to get back to me when I could be starting a different program back home or working! I don’t want to commit to a flat or job or study and then have to quit all that if I get a scholarship :/

12 hours ago, axe12 said:

I was SO hoping to hear something like this! You just made my whole day a LOT better hahahah

Here I am! Anxious italian student waiting for an answer! Still no news for me either!

Also, I have the interwiew form from day 1 after the submission so I don't think it means much for the italians ? 

Buona fortuna a tutti!!! Teniamoci aggiornati :)

9 hours ago, axe12 said:

Hey! Thanks a lot for the information! It cleared up a lot of my questions! And yes, as it turns out, there is quite a bit of useful info in the Italian version of the website; I always consulted the English version (an international student who is not so proficient in Italian yet ?)

Anyways, now I can calm myself down since I was getting worried after reading all those posts of students who already have had their interview and been getting updates on their status. So, I guess we will be getting the final results somewhere in April/May since the interviews (if we can actually make it to the interview stage, lol) are not gonna take place until at least mid-March. A long way ahead!

Grazie! E buona fortuna anche a te!

41 minutes ago, Bea99 said:

I was SO hoping to hear something like this! You just made my whole day a LOT better hahahah

Here I am! Anxious italian student waiting for an answer! Still no news for me either!

Also, I have the interwiew form from day 1 after the submission so I don't think it means much for the italians ? 

Buona fortuna a tutti!!! Teniamoci aggiornati :)

Please let us know here when you get any updates! In bocca al lupo!

13 hours ago, Ersze said:

Has anyone from NZ heard anything? It’s really annoying me that I’ve heard absolutely nothing - I don’t want to spend half the year waiting for the DAAD to get back to me when I could be starting a different program back home or working! I don’t want to commit to a flat or job or study and then have to quit all that if I get a scholarship :/

Hi, I'm from AUS and also haven't heard anything yet and am very much in the same boat. I've already had to defer accepting offers for further study and potential full-time work. I submitted my application on 20th October and was asked to submit additional documentation in early November which I did. My status is still "paper copies received" and the last direct message I got was "For now your application will be presented to the selection committee end of January 2021."

So based off all the comments in this forum I'm hoping to hear something soon but more likely March/April. I previously received a Winter course scholarship in undergrad from DAAD and that took a while to receive... now I've applied for Masters - All disciplines hoping to return to Humboldt Uni Berlin to do European Studies (auf deutsch) where I spent a year on exchange. Hopefully we find out soon! What are you planning on studying and where?

Hi everyone!

I am from Belarus and I am eager for information. For a very long time I have been looking at the "preselection made". Is there someone else here from Belarus, were there any updates?

By the way, I applied to the Fachhochschule Dortmund, M.Sc.

Great luck, guys :)

5 hours ago, LuckyLuke23 said:

Hi, I'm from AUS and also haven't heard anything yet and am very much in the same boat. I've already had to defer accepting offers for further study and potential full-time work. I submitted my application on 20th October and was asked to submit additional documentation in early November which I did. My status is still "paper copies received" and the last direct message I got was "For now your application will be presented to the selection committee end of January 2021."

So based off all the comments in this forum I'm hoping to hear something soon but more likely March/April. I previously received a Winter course scholarship in undergrad from DAAD and that took a while to receive... now I've applied for Masters - All disciplines hoping to return to Humboldt Uni Berlin to do European Studies (auf deutsch) where I spent a year on exchange. Hopefully we find out soon! What are you planning on studying and where?

I applied for Master’s All Disciplines too. Applied for a Winter Kurs a couple years back but didn’t get it :/. I just came back from a year exchange in Germany, which was a kind of a sucky experience due to coronavirus.

It does seem like March/April is the time but yeah it is annoying because I’d rather not sit around at my parents house for months when I could be studying or working.

21 hours ago, Ersze said:

Has anyone from NZ heard anything? It’s really annoying me that I’ve heard absolutely nothing - I don’t want to spend half the year waiting for the DAAD to get back to me when I could be starting a different program back home or working! I don’t want to commit to a flat or job or study and then have to quit all that if I get a scholarship ?

Also from NZ! I received a letter from DAAD soon after the deadline, saying there would be a meeting in Jan and that we would get our results approximately 3 weeks after. So hopefully we should hear back by the end of Feb. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer though, given the lockdown in Germany ? My status hasn't seen any changes: I've been at paper copies received since October. 

Hello everyone, I am from Colombia. The DAAD regional for this part of the world is also for Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador.

I applied in August 2020 for a doctorate scholarship: "Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany". I presented the virtual interview in November 2020. Right now my status on the DAAD portal is: "Preselection Made".

I would like to know if there is someone else from this DAAD regional, what is their experience and if they have had any news about it.

When will the results of the scholarship be published?

Greetings and success to all!

3 hours ago, JFCB said:

Hello everyone, I am from Colombia. The DAAD regional for this part of the world is also for Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador.

I applied in August 2020 for a doctorate scholarship: "Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany". I presented the virtual interview in November 2020. Right now my status on the DAAD portal is: "Preselection Made".

I would like to know if there is someone else from this DAAD regional, what is their experience and if they have had any news about it.

When will the results of the scholarship be published?

Greetings and success to all!

Hi,

I've applied to the same program  from middle east countries, still application submitted,

no news? 

Good Luck to all

Edited by Ayhem