DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

So the result date of Asia region will likely to be at the end of Mar. Thank you for your precious information!

22 hours ago, Pet said:

I had the interview couple of days ago and they told me that they expect to announce the results by the end of March.

Ā 

23 hours ago, AP_sun said:

I just checked today and daad told me that the selection was postponed from January to February and from now on, the results will be announced within a few weeks.

Ā 

3 hours ago, JJ2888 said:

Yes, they do consider it. I asked before applying.

I asked DAAD representatives before applying (Research Grant - Doctoral Programme in Germany), the response was; applicationĀ reference was not necessaryĀ due to COVID-19 pandemicĀ Ā - same was stated on the website for Nigeria applicants.

Ā However, I wish to hear from applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa because my application status is still "application submitted" . I was messaged that all applicants will soon be informed of the selection outcomes when I asked why the outcome is not yet out as promised (three weeks after selection committee meeting - 28/29 January).

On 2/18/2021 at 8:12 AM, MSEEDS said:

Hello all, I applied in October 2020 a DAADĀ EPOS scholarship at the University of Gƶttingen (M.Sc. Development Economics) for the 2021-2022 winter term. I received a confirmation back then about that I successfully submitted my application on the University's online application portal. Since then, I didn't receive any other email or update (on the University's portal it only says application received)Ā regarding my application, they only mentioned that in late February the results will be released and letters of admission or rejection will be sent out.

Is that normal? I didn't receive any invitation to an interview or something about an interview. Do I still have a chance of hearing something positive regarding my application? Is there a chance of getting accepted/admitted without an interview, isĀ that possible? It's so confusing. I didn't also receive anything from DAAD yet regarding uploading my application and documents to the DAAD portal.

Any help here on my case? Appreciate any further feedback.

@MSEEDSĀ I know the waiting is not a nice feeling but please bear in mind that all regions and of course countries have different application processes. For instance I have applied from Turkey and interviews are not required here, the decision will be made based on the documents I have submitted. I wish the whole process was universal but try to either get in touch with DAAD regional office or with Bonn through the Portal directly.Ā 

Good luck!

On 2/24/2021 at 1:14 PM, _cylon_ said:

@MSEEDSĀ I know the waiting is not a nice feeling but please bear in mind that all regions and of course countries have different application processes. For instance I have applied from Turkey and interviews are not required here, the decision will be made based on the documents I have submitted. I wish the whole process was universal but try to either get in touch with DAAD regional office or with Bonn through the Portal directly.Ā 

Good luck!

Hello . I am applying from Tajikistan and they said that there will be no interview for us too.Ā 

Have you recieved the message in daad portal in 08.12.2020 stating that the selection will be announced after March 2021Ā  ?

3 hours ago, inom_johnn said:

Hello . I am applying from Tajikistan and they said that there will be no interview for us too.Ā 

Have you recieved the message in daad portal in 08.12.2020 stating that the selection will be announced after March 2021Ā  ?

Hello @inom_johnn, that is true. I have received the message stating that the decision meeting will be gathered sometime March and I will get the result maximum three weeks after this meeting.Ā 

13 hours ago, Pet said:

Are scholarships given based on country or region that students come from or it does not matter?

I do not think they are more willingly to award certain candidates just based on (or because of) the region/country ofĀ the said candidate. Depending on the funding type, they are most probably especially consider the quality of the research proposal, overall profile of the candidate etc. but just because you are coming from X or Y country/region, you are not most -or least, for that matter- likely to be awarded.Ā 

4 hours ago, esraC said:

I do not think they are more willingly to award certain candidates just based on (or because of) the region/country ofĀ the said candidate. Depending on the funding type, they are most probably especially consider the quality of the research proposal, overall profile of the candidate etc. but just because you are coming from X or Y country/region, you are not most -or least, for that matter- likely to be awarded.Ā 

I was asking because I went through the "DAAD annual reports" and usually around the same number of scholarships was given throughout the years to students that were coming from certain countries that I lookedĀ for "MasterĀ Studies forĀ AllĀ AcademicĀ Disciplines" .Ā 

17 hours ago, Pet said:

I was asking because I went through the "DAAD annual reports" and usually around the same number of scholarships was given throughout the years to students that were coming from certain countries that I lookedĀ for "MasterĀ Studies forĀ AllĀ AcademicĀ Disciplines" .Ā 

Oh I see what you mean.Ā  I don't think they give "priority" to some countries more than others but still, there might be other reasons. I don't know.Ā 

On 2/18/2021 at 10:12 AM, MSEEDS said:

Hello all, I applied in October 2020 a DAADĀ EPOS scholarship at the University of Gƶttingen (M.Sc. Development Economics) for the 2021-2022 winter term. I received a confirmation back then about that I successfully submitted my application on the University's online application portal. Since then, I didn't receive any other email or update (on the University's portal it only says application received)Ā regarding my application, they only mentioned that in late February the results will be released and letters of admission or rejection will be sent out.

Is that normal? I didn't receive any invitation to an interview or something about an interview. Do I still have a chance of hearing something positive regarding my application? Is there a chance of getting accepted/admitted without an interview, isĀ that possible? It's so confusing. I didn't also receive anything from DAAD yet regarding uploading my application and documents to the DAAD portal.

Any help here on my case? Appreciate any further feedback.

Hey, I also didn't hear back about uploading my documents to any portal. I just sent in my application to the university email, now I don't know what to think. Maybe no news is good news? At least it's not a rejection yet...

Hello āœØ

Has anyone here applied for DAAD GSSP (PhD at Graduate Schools) scholarship?Ā  After being official nominated by my selected school I've submitted my documents on the online portal... now I'm desperately waiting for news.????

On 2/26/2021 at 10:15 AM, Pet said:

Are scholarships given based on country or region that students come from or it does not matter?

As I attended the webinars of daad scholarship. There are two types of daad scholarship, first is the epos or doctoral program type which the selection is usually based on the quality of candidates regardless the country or region and the committee are most likely from that program. Second type is the study grants you applied directly to daad which there are quata for available scholarship for each country but the selection is made based on your profile as well but just the competition is just within your country. I think you should ask daad in your country for a certain answer.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, radetzky said:

Helmut Schmidt applicant here.Ā 

I had an interview back in November and they accepted me to the programme. I had to upload supporting documents to the DAAD website in January.

My application status on DAAD website changed toĀ selection made, but I haven't received any sort of email or notification about the selection itself. Anybody with this issue?
Ā 

Hi Radetsky,

have you received any email or notification regarding your application yet?...... how long your application been in 'selection made' status?

Hope you get a positive feedback

Thanks in advanceĀ Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Ayodele said:

Any news (Research Grant - Doctoral Programmes in Germany)...this platform is too quietĀ 

Nothing from me...Ā I have applied to GSSP programme which is for Phds as well.

12 hours ago, Ayhem said:

Hi Radetsky,

have you received any email or notification regarding your application yet?...... how long your application been in 'selection made' status?

Hope you get a positive feedback

Thanks in advanceĀ Ā 

Ā 

It changed toĀ fundingĀ a week ago.Ā 

I am a DAAD PPGG applicant, I applied last July, had an interview in late November, uploaded documents in January. My scholarship was pretty much confirmed in November, I just had to take formal steps afterwards.Ā 

Hope this helps!

Thanks and good luck!

Edited by radetzky