DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Did anyone else get this in their "Application Acknowledged" email?

• A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January 2021 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing.

It's almost been three weeks........

Hello all, I applied in October 2020 a DAAD EPOS scholarship at the University of Göttingen (M.Sc. Development Economics) for the 2021-2022 winter term. I received a confirmation back then about that I successfully submitted my application on the University's online application portal. Since then, I didn't receive any other email or update (on the University's portal it only says application received) regarding my application, they only mentioned that in late February the results will be released and letters of admission or rejection will be sent out.

Is that normal? I didn't receive any invitation to an interview or something about an interview. Do I still have a chance of hearing something positive regarding my application? Is there a chance of getting accepted/admitted without an interview, is that possible? It's so confusing. I didn't also receive anything from DAAD yet regarding uploading my application and documents to the DAAD portal.

Any help here on my case? Appreciate any further feedback.

Guys please just calm down :)), the result will be announce by April, they've already confirmed to me that this year would take longer than usual for all of the scholarship programs.

Regards

4 hours ago, MSEEDS said:

Hello all, I applied in October 2020 a DAAD EPOS scholarship at the University of Göttingen (M.Sc. Development Economics) for the 2021-2022 winter term. I received a confirmation back then about that I successfully submitted my application on the University's online application portal. Since then, I didn't receive any other email or update (on the University's portal it only says application received) regarding my application, they only mentioned that in late February the results will be released and letters of admission or rejection will be sent out.

Is that normal? I didn't receive any invitation to an interview or something about an interview. Do I still have a chance of hearing something positive regarding my application? Is there a chance of getting accepted/admitted without an interview, is that possible? It's so confusing. I didn't also receive anything from DAAD yet regarding uploading my application and documents to the DAAD portal.

3 hours ago, phanchris5 said:

Guys please just calm down :)), the result will be announce by April, they've already confirmed to me that this year would take longer than usual for all of the scholarship programs.

Regards

DAAD EPOS by April? Isn't that the timeline for the All Discipline DAAD scholarship and not EPOS? Please can you share your source so we can verify this claim of yours?

4 hours ago, phanchris5 said:

Regards

Yeah but I mean there are different scholarship programs at DAAD, and every single varies with the dates not all are the same! So what I'm asking is that I didn't receive any invitation to an interview or something about an interview. Do I still have a chance of hearing something positive regarding my application? Is there a chance of getting accepted/admitted without an interview, is that possible?

1 hour ago, DejiUN said:

DAAD EPOS by April? Isn't that the timeline for the All Discipline DAAD scholarship and not EPOS? Please can you share your source so we can verify this claim of yours?

Do you have any insight regarding my case here:

8 hours ago, MSEEDS said:

9 hours ago, MSEEDS said:

So to my understanding, I think the interviews are being held in batches because someone in a Facebook group claimed she did hers by the last week of January while I did mine first week of February. So there's a possibility that you can still get an invite.

On 2/18/2021 at 4:24 AM, DejiUN said:

Early February. Were you contacted by DAAD after the interview at Stuttgart?

Then, I think there's still time for you.  My interview was in November and I was told DAAD would contact me in December but I only got mail from DAAD to upload my documents in the portal in January. 

25 minutes ago, Reena P said:

Then, I think there's still time for you.  My interview was in November and I was told DAAD would contact me in December but I only got mail from DAAD to upload my documents in the portal in January. 

That's for DAAD EPOS at Stuttgart right?

22 hours ago, JJ2888 said:

I actually just got my results, for the architecture scholarship.

Didn't get it, but I was placed on a waiting list in case people give up.

I don't think people give up very often though, anyone knows of someone who's given up? ?

you were informed via email?

On 2/18/2021 at 6:25 AM, Ersze said:

• A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January 2021 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing.

I received the same information. I checked at daad in my country and they said that this year do not have an interview due to pandemic. 

This is already three weeks after January but still nothing update.

1 hour ago, AP_sun said:

I received the same information. I checked at daad in my country and they said that this year do not have an interview due to pandemic. 

This is already three weeks after January but still nothing update.

I just got a reply from my local DAAD office saying that because of coronavirus the application process is taking longer. I also have a message in the DAAD portal, but I suspect it's a response to the similar inquiry I sent through there yesterday. But I can't check it because the portal is under maintenance.

I actually had no idea interviews were even a part of the process, perhaps that depends on the country? Nothing on the application documents for me mentioned that. However, that could depend on which scholarship program it is.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:25 AM, Ersze said:

Which country have you applied from ?

5 hours ago, Ersze said:

I just got a reply from my local DAAD office saying that because of coronavirus the application process is taking longer. I also have a message in the DAAD portal, but I suspect it's a response to the similar inquiry I sent through there yesterday. But I can't check it because the portal is under maintenance.

I actually had no idea interviews were even a part of the process, perhaps that depends on the country? Nothing on the application documents for me mentioned that. However, that could depend on which scholarship program it is.

Thanks you for the information. I will just wait then.

8 hours ago, Ersze said:

I think interviews depends on the category of scholarship and the country as well. Some people I contacted had Skype while some just had telephonic interview and some didn't undergo any. 

15 hours ago, Ersze said:

The portal just back available. You can check it out. Please inform me if there is any updates. I will inform everybody when I know something as well.

8 hours ago, AP_sun said:

The portal just back available. You can check it out. Please inform me if there is any updates. I will inform everybody when I know something as well.

8 hours ago, Gorgeos said:

I just check it but don t work .... 

It wasn't working for a while but I checked this morning and for me it was just a reply to my message asking when the results would be out. I just tried to look again though and it didn't work

5 hours ago, Ersze said:

It wasn't working for a while but I checked this morning and for me it was just a reply to my message asking when the results would be out. I just tried to look again though and it didn't work

Oh thank you. Tomorrow I will check with daad in my country.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:19 AM, Ersze said:

I called daad in my country and they said, the results will not be available before march.