DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

9 hours ago, esraC said:

1 - Is there anyone here who was awarded for a DAAD funding earlier and applied for a second time? 

Not me personally, but I know several people who received different research awards from DAAD consecutively, so it is certainly possible. DAAD even has a special funding program for their alumni, so they are keen on funding people continuously, especially under different funding schemes.

9 hours ago, esraC said:

2- Do you think this would lessen my chances of getting an admission even if my project/profile seems fine? 

Not at all, especially since your previous award was for a language course. In 99_ of cases, the project quality is the main deciding factor.

4 hours ago, tomeu said:

Not me personally, but I know several people who received different research awards from DAAD consecutively, so it is certainly possible. DAAD even has a special funding program for their alumni, so they are keen on funding people continuously, especially under different funding schemes.

Not at all, especially since your previous award was for a language course. In 99_ of cases, the project quality is the main deciding factor.

Thank you very much :)

18 minutes ago, Nora1999 said:

Hello everyone! 

I’ve applied for summer semester master programs in several universities. 

In this case, can DAAD’s scholarship be given from April? 

Thanks in advance :)

Hey,

I’ve also applied to one summer semester programme! The DAAD office in my country told me it is possible, but the winter semester is preferable. 

Still, I’m a bit worried about that. As my other options are all winter semester, I put the winter semester dates on the application. Covid could also be a problem for April... 

Does anyone else have any information about winter semesters?

Helmut Schmidt applicant here. 

I had an interview back in November and they accepted me to the programme. I had to upload supporting documents to the DAAD website in January.

My application status on DAAD website changed to selection made, but I haven't received any sort of email or notification about the selection itself. Anybody with this issue?

Also, another question regarding the scholarship.

Do you guys know the deadline for accepting the scholarship? They will probably send out the letters of acceptance in February. I am waiting for other scholarships too, what happens if I initially accept the offer, but then decline. 

On 2/3/2021 at 11:13 PM, radetzky said:

Also, another question regarding the scholarship.

Do you guys know the deadline for accepting the scholarship? They will probably send out the letters of acceptance in February. I am waiting for other scholarships too, what happens if I initially accept the offer, but then decline. 

Hello

I don't exactly know the answer of your question but could the anouncement date depend on the grant type? for example in my case they anounced the results early april when I applied for the language course scholarship and now I applied for a short term research grant and according to the latest update I got, they will probably anounce the results late march - early april again? which grant did you apply to? 

2 minutes ago, esraC said:

Hello

I don't exactly know the answer of your question but could the anouncement date depend on the grant type? for example in my case they anounced the results early april when I applied for the language course scholarship and now I applied for a short term research grant and according to the latest update I got, they will probably anounce the results late march - early april again? which grant did you apply to? 

Here:

On 2/1/2021 at 11:48 PM, radetzky said:

Helmut Schmidt applicant here. 

I had an interview back in November and they accepted me to the programme*. I had to upload supporting documents** to the DAAD website in January.

My application status on DAAD website changed to selection made, but I haven't received any sort of email or notification about the selection itself. Anybody with this issue?

*MA study programme
** scholarship application

Although I have not received the official answer yet, I have gone through all the stages and now I am waiting for their letter of award while taking the compulsory language courses online. 

On 1/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, Gorgeos said:

Hello, 

I'm in the same case as you, preselection made means that we already passed the first selection, then it will be the final one in Bonn ( selection made), we still hope and wait for good news. 

Hello , I have the same status . Does it mean that there will be no interview for us ?

Hello,

I am applying for the master studies for all academic disciplines.

I read that some of you received confirmations about their application or already did the interview... I still have NO news about it and I'm starting to get nervous about it. Maybe I haven't see the email. Did you also get the message in the "personal messages" section on the daad portal? Becase that's also empty for me...

My status is still "application submitted". Maybe no news is good news but I would rather receive some info about it.

Congratulation to those who finally finished the process!! So happy to hear that so many people were able to made their dream come true! All the best for the future and finger crossed!

For those who are in my same situation... I feel you haha!

12 hours ago, Inomzhon said:

Hello , I have the same status . Does it mean that there will be no interview for us ?

Hey, i really don t have any idea about your case, cause it depend on the country and daad office ... U can send them an email 

1 hour ago, Bea99 said:

Hello,

I read that some of you received confirmations about their application or already did the interview... I still have NO news about it and I'm starting to get nervous about it. Maybe I haven't see the email. Did you also get the message in the "personal messages" section on the daad portal? Becase that's also empty for me...

My status is still "application submitted". Maybe no news is good news but I would rather receive some info about it.

Congratulation to those who finally finished the process!! So happy to hear that so many people were able to made their dream come true! All the best for the future and finger crossed!

I do not have a complete answer but just to let you know there might different programmes with different deadlines and decisions, so you do not have to be nervous. 

If your DAAD portal application is updated, you will receive an email as well. At least I have been receiving the updates. 

2 hours ago, Historian914 said:

Has anyone applying for a one year research grant for doctoral candidates heard anything yet? Its been radio silence... 

Also does anyone have any information about priority candidacy for the DAAD? I've heard some schools put up a priority candidate. 

Hello, me too , still preselection made... Too much siiiilence ... Btw don't have idea about the priority candidacy for the Daad..

On 2/7/2021 at 9:32 PM, Historian914 said:

Has anyone applying for a one year research grant for doctoral candidates heard anything yet? Its been radio silence... 

Also does anyone have any information about priority candidacy for the DAAD? I've heard some schools put up a priority candidate. 

I have applied for a one-year grant too, my status is 'Paper copies received'. Last message I got was on 15. January. I do not expect any news until April.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:45 AM, Bea99 said:

Hello,

I am in the exact same situation and the deadline was like 20 November. At this point, I am certain that I was just rejected.

hey everyone

I've applied to masters for all disciplines and now my status is pre-selection made. I didn't receive any notifications or e-mails but on the left under options, there is video conference application. does it mean that I passed the first round and now I'll have an interview or that option was available before as well?

4 hours ago, transposon said:

hey everyone

I've applied to masters for all disciplines and now my status is pre-selection made. I didn't receive any notifications or e-mails but on the left under options, there is video conference application. does it mean that I passed the first round and now I'll have an interview or that option was available before as well?

Hi, 

I've  applied to research grant- doctoral programmes  and my application statues is still "application submitted" . the video conference is available as well but I'm not sure if it was there before .....Hope it means something positive  

Good luck for everyone 

On 2/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, andrew51 said:

I am in the exact same situation and the deadline was like 20 November. At this point, I am certain that I was just rejected.

I also had that deadline... Still hoping to receive something. I guess we're still in the game until they say we're not anymore haha

Hopefully our offices just have different timetables. Did you by any chance send the application really close to the deadline? To be sure I checked it thousant times and I sent it in the last day. Maybe they are processing by arrival day and that's why it's taking so long? 

I am still considering to send an email but I don't want to be that person... Finger crossed for both of us!!

On 2/9/2021 at 11:49 AM, transposon said:

hey everyone

Hello! I have the conference application from the first day, but surely the change of status means something positive!! Good luck with that!

Also, did the status change in the last few days? Because I didn't hear anything from them since november and I was wondering if it happened to you as well or if I'm just extremely unlucky ahhaha

51 minutes ago, Bea99 said:

I also had that deadline... Still hoping to receive something. I guess we're still in the game until they say we're not anymore haha

Hopefully our offices just have different timetables. Did you by any chance send the application really close to the deadline? To be sure I checked it thousant times and I sent it in the last day. Maybe they are processing by arrival day and that's why it's taking so long? 

I am still considering to send an email but I don't want to be that person... Finger crossed for both of us!!

Hi. 
I know we applied to different grants and possibly from different countries but I think the fact that you still got no response  might mean that at least you did not get a rejection so as you said possibly you are still  in the game. 
Also, I don't remember where I read that at the time but  back then when I applied to language course scholarship in 2019,  I remember I read that they usually sent the rejection mails around Feb.  I know that's a bit speculation but let's hope that we don't get any negative feedback  within this month. 
Plus, I applied to short term research grant  (deadline was around November 15 or something like that) and now my status is "papier copies received". 1 month ago or so they sent me an email and told me that decision comittee will gather up around March and they will "as a rule" inform the applicants within 3 weeks so there is that. I think if you want to contact with your local DAAD office maybe you can do that early March in the earliest?  

40 minutes ago, esraC said:

Hi. 
I know we applied to different grants and possibly from different countries but I think the fact that you still got no response  might mean that at least you did not get a rejection so as you said possibly you are still  in the game. 
Also, I don't remember where I read that at the time but  back then when I applied to language course scholarship in 2019,  I remember I read that they usually sent the rejection mails around Feb.  I know that's a bit speculation but let's hope that we don't get any negative feedback  within this month. 
Plus, I applied to short term research grant  (deadline was around November 15 or something like that) and now my status is "papier copies received". 1 month ago or so they sent me an email and told me that decision comittee will gather up around March and they will "as a rule" inform the applicants within 3 weeks so there is that. I think if you want to contact with your local DAAD office maybe you can do that early March in the earliest?  

Hello!

Yes, my mantra now is no news is good news and hopefully it will work out for the best!

The not-so-encouraging fact is that everyone received a mail after the application while I was left alone in my desperation hahaha

I will wait until March before going to cry in the DAAD local office. I waited until this moment, I guess it won't kill me waiting a little longer. Hopefully I won't receive a rejection email, that would be sad ?

Thank you and the best of luck for your application!!