DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Hi All! I'm applying from Balkans (Montenegro+Croatia) for "Study Scholarship - Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, 2021/22" and just yesterday I got my status change from Paper Copies Received to Preselection Made. They had previously informed me that they will have a meeting in January and then 3 weeks after the meeting they will let us know on funding decision - they did not mention any interview. Does this mean there won't be any interview? If so, what's "pre"selection for, why isn't there just  selection?

On 1/18/2021 at 6:17 PM, BeKay said:

Hi everyone!
My status changed to "paper copies received". Does this mean that all my documents are complete? Or will they inform me about missing documents?

I guess your application documents are complete... did you submit paper application for status to change to "paper copies received" because I didn't submit any paper copies... my status is still "application submitted". However, DAAD representative sent me a message that my application documents are complete, that selection committee will review my application on the 28/29 January, 2021 and the outcome will be communicated approximately three weeks later.

1 hour ago, Ayodele said:

I guess your application documents are complete... did you submit paper application for status to change to "paper copies received" because I didn't submit any paper copies... my status is still "application submitted". However, DAAD representative sent me a message that my application documents are complete, that selection committee will review my application on the 28/29 January, 2021 and the outcome will be communicated approximately three weeks later.

I didn't submit any paper copies. After my status changed, I received an e-mail and they told me, that my documents are complete and that the selection committee will meet in March 2021. They will tell me the results 3 weeks after the selection is made. 

2 hours ago, BeKay said:

I didn't submit any paper copies. After my status changed, I received an e-mail and they told me, that my documents are complete and that the selection committee will meet in March 2021. They will tell me the results 3 weeks after the selection is made. 

It's alright... maybe selection per region (I'm a Nigeria applicant)

Hello everyone! I'm applying for ERP scholarship for economists 2021/2022 from Ukraine. Recently, a week ago, a friend of mine got his application for the same scholarship rejected,  whereas my status is "preselection made" and I haven't received any messages from DAAD concerning the change of my status so far. What could it possibly mean? No news mean good news, don't they?

Hello everyone.
I am an applicant from Greece for the Master's Scholarships and my application status is still "application submitted". The deadline for applications was 20 November. Does this mean that my application will be rejected? Thank you.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, ZAVXOZ said:

Hello everyone! I'm applying for ERP scholarship for economists 2021/2022 from Ukraine. Recently, a week ago, a friend of mine got his application for the same scholarship rejected,  whereas my status is "preselection made" and I haven't received any messages from DAAD concerning the change of my status so far. What could it possibly mean? No news mean good news, don't they?

Also relevant for @andrew51 and @Libertarian

As I understood from reading posts from the last year, per-selection made means that you made it into another round:

1) for masters & PhD programs: now it's up to schools to examine your application and decide if they offer you a place.

2) for research/exchange: submitted proposals will be evaluated by a panel and either approved or rejected.

There will be final DAAD committee meeting in March, where they will decide the final results. In April we can expect to hear if we were successful or not.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but my status is "application submitted", the same as it was in November when I first submitted it... no pre selection, no selection, no paper copies, no nothing... I guess this serves as a prelude to the reckoning that will come with my master's applications.

15 minutes ago, andrew51 said:

Maybe I wasn't clear, but my status is "application submitted", the same as it was in November when I first submitted it... no pre selection, no selection, no paper copies, no nothing... I guess this serves as a prelude to the reckoning that will come with my master's applications.

I don’t think you should be worried about that. It does take some time for them to process all the applications... and the deadlines are different for each programme.

I’m sure it’ll change to paper copies received at some point. Then they will let you know when will the decision be made. 

22 minutes ago, andrew51 said:

As @JJ2888said, do not worry about it much. Every regional DAAD office has different requirements and deadlines.

E.g. I had to submit my documents online, as well as paper copies to my regional DAAD office. My status changed to paper copies received already, meaning that my country's DAAD office forwarded the documents to the DAAD HQ in Bonn. There will be no interview for me, only documents screening. So you see, practices differ a lot.

I don't know if there will be interview requirement for you, it might also depend on the allocated quota DAAD has for your country, maybe they will only conduct documents screening (such as in my case). So don't lose hope!

Hello everyone, I'm from Indonesia and applied to DAAD EPOS for master in Urban Management, TU Berlin. I was interviewed early this month (January 5th). Does anyone applied to the same major or know when the results will be announced?

Hello everyone

I've applied for the research grant-doctoral scholarship in Germany, fromLibya and application status turned from application submitted to preselection made, knowing that I conducted an interview in last October, I would like here to ask about what that suppose to mean!!

1 hour ago, Geomoha said:

Hello everyone

I've applied for the research grant-doctoral scholarship in Germany, fromLibya and application status turned from application submitted to preselection made, knowing that I conducted an interview in last October, I would like here to ask about what that suppose to mean!!

Hello, 

I'm in the same case as you, preselection made means that we already passed the first selection, then it will be the final one in Bonn ( selection made), we still hope and wait for good news. 

4 minutes ago, Gorgeos said:

Hello, 

I'm in the same case as you, preselection made means that we already passed the first selection, then it will be the final one in Bonn ( selection made), we still hope and wait for good news. 

Hi there 

That's good news, fingers crossed and hope the best for everyone

1 minute ago, Geomoha said:

Hi there 

That's good news, fingers crossed and hope the best for everyone

Suuure, btw i'm from Morocco which means we will have the results at the same time i think .. because of the same office daad tunisie

On 1/23/2021 at 12:36 PM, ZAVXOZ said:

Hi everybody!

My friends and I are applying for the Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines’ and ERP’s scholarships from Belarus. 

Probably, at the end of December, the status of our application changed to “preselection made”, but on the same day, 1 guy applying for the All discipline scholarship, and one friend of ours (applying for the ERP’s) got a notification by email and their status changed to ‘application rejected’.

We are probably been proceed further to the next step as well as you so far, @ZAVXOZ

If we’re still not rejected, we’re probably going to be reviewed by them very soon. 

Due to the pandemic, there’s still a liiiiiitle chance, that the committee won’t conduct any interviews including video conferences, and will decide on funding only by the documents, but it just our thoughts on it. 

Hopefully, they have the same procedure of the selection for the post-soviet union countries, so let’s stay in touch and keep each other updated :)

1 hour ago, Darlichy said:

Hi everybody!

My friends and I are applying for the Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines’ and ERP’s scholarships from Belarus. 

Probably, at the end of December, the status of our application changed to “preselection made”, but on the same day, 1 guy applying for the All discipline scholarship, and one friend of ours (applying for the ERP’s) got a notification by email and their status changed to ‘application rejected’.

We are probably been proceed further to the next step as well as you so far, @ZAVXOZ

If we’re still not rejected, we’re probably going to be reviewed by them very soon. 

Due to the pandemic, there’s still a liiiiiitle chance, that the committee won’t conduct any interviews including video conferences, and will decide on funding only by the documents, but it just our thoughts on it. 

Hopefully, they have the same procedure of the selection for the post-soviet union countries, so let’s stay in touch and keep each other updated :)

Hey! I also hope you're right and the selection will be similar for the post-Soviet area. May I keep in touch with you guys via Facebook, Telegram or whatever you use?

3 hours ago, ZAVXOZ said:

Hey! I also hope you're right and the selection will be similar for the post-Soviet area. May I keep in touch with you guys via Facebook, Telegram or whatever you use?

Hi ZAVXOZ! I've applied for the Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines’ and also from Ukraine. My status is "Vorauswahl erfolgt" too, and I hope it's a good sign since I was rejected last year) If you want to get in touch, my Telegram nickname is the same as here

Hi everyone, 

Any news from Middle East countries? I've applied for "Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany" and nothing has changed yet in application status "application submitted" 

Hello everyone.
First of all im so glad that I found this forum and also this topic. 
I'm from Turkey. 
2 yrs ago I applied and was awarded for a short (1 month) summer language course (HSK)  in Germany which I completed  with success. 
This year,  around mid November, this time I applied for a short term research grant for graduates.  BTW I am a master's degree - actually thesis- student. and currently I am waiting for my results. Last time -10 days ago or so- I was notified by DAAD that they got my documents and everything is complete and on February the committee will give the final decision and "as a rule" they announce the results within 3 weeks after the committe. So I hope around late February- early March I HOPE I can get a positive result. 

1 - Is there anyone here who was awarded for a DAAD funding earlier and applied for a second time? 

2- Do you think this would lessen my chances of getting an admission even if my project/profile seems fine? 

3- Is there anyone here who applied for short term research grants this year? 

Thank you in advance! 

Edited by esraC