DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Hey everyone!

Some of us were commenting on the forum for 2020-2021 applications, so I figured I should create one for this year, so it's easier for people to find it.

I've applied to the architecture programme 2021-2022.

Let's be anxious together!

Edited by JJ2888
Added tags

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am applying for DAAD Scholarship- Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, and I was wondering in the section requiring to list the modules and courses scheduled for each semester should we write every module- including all the options for elective modules, or only the ones we are planning to choose? I would be very grateful if someone could clarify this for me.   

Hi!

I actually had the same doubt as you, @Diellza!

In my application I wrote down each module and their respective credits and I wrote down the elective courses I'm planning to choose. Filling this out was quite a long process, it took a lot more time than I expected.

I'm not sure if that is what they expected though, it would be interesting to know if anyone else has done it differently!

Good luck to all of us!!

Hi Diellza, I took the course profile directly from the university im targeting and attached it to the Course Profile section, however i did put some extra information aswell like my prefferred courses i would like to take in my motivation letter but in th ecourse profile aswell 

Good luck with the application i just finished mine yesterday it was a close call but i managed to send everything on time!

Also wanted to ask a few questions of my own at the Option tab theres 2 douments for a video conferene call and virtual selection statement, i did fill them and sent them did anyone else do that ?

I applied for DAAD Scholarship- Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, targeting Anhalt University and Bauhaus Weimar University M.A Architecture programme.

Couldnt catch the specialized DAAD Architecture scholarship!

Extremely anxious i hope i did everything correctly! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sara,

The status on mine says Paper copies received.

The last notification I received was this:

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme.

Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process.

A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January 2021 (25.01.2021) on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing.

If selection is only made in January, maybe their applications were incomplete?

Or maybe for different programmes, selection is on different dates, mine is architecture.

Just now, JJ2888 said:

Hi Sara,

The status on mine says Paper copies received.

The last notification I received was this:

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme.

Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process.

A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January 2021 (25.01.2021) on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing.

If selection is only made in January, maybe their applications were incomplete?

Or maybe for different programmes, selection is on different dates, mine is architecture.

I think it depends on the country where they applied, because the applicants from Iran must do an interview. After interview, they will select for funding process.

Do you think the COVID pandemic will affect the outcomes?

Just now, Sara Mir said:

I think it depends on the country where they applied, because the applicants from Iran must do an interview. After interview, they will select for funding process.

Do you think the COVID pandemic will affect the outcomes?

I truly hope not.

One of the courses I applied to starts in April and we might not have a widely distributed vaccine by then. I expect the situation will be much better by October.

So far Germany has been allowing the entry of students who can prove their presence is required. Let's hope that doesn't change!

Hello everyone!

Since I got some useful info about the application process last year in the thread about the last year's DAAD scholarship round, I am going to write a little bit here about my application this year, hope it will help someone in the future too.

I come from Europe and am applying for 1 year research grant for doctoral candidates. Deadline was November 16 for submission in the DAAD portal, afterwards I had to send hard copies to the dispatching national agency in my country. The DAAD contacted me few days after the deadline about some documents missing in my application (my mistake, forgot to attach one file) and asked me to correct it within 1 week, which I did and they immediately replied that my application is complete now.

As of today, the application status in the portal is 'Application submitted'.

I will keep posting updates about the progress.

Good luck everyone with your own applications!

Hi guys!

I just applied to the Study Scholarship - Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, with LMU Munich as the target institution. I'm not very confident about my chances, but we'll see!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Im FREAKING OUT because I applied to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film in November. I had to send my portfolio through post but I haven't received any notification about them... I tracked my package and it said that it was delivered but no news from DAAD :( 

Hi Monica, when was your application deadline?

I received a message from DAAD confirming my application was complete and would be considered. That was about a month after the application deadline. 

That time probably varies for different countries and programmes. I wouldn’t worry for now, if it says it was delivered, they have it!

1 hour ago, Mónica RM said:

Hello! Im FREAKING OUT because I applied to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film in November. I had to send my portfolio through post but I haven't received any notification about them... I tracked my package and it said that it was delivered but no news from DAAD :(

I would recommend contacting the respective DAAD office directly and ask them whether your portfolio was delivered, they usually inform applicants within a month or so, as @JJ2888 said. Better safe than sorry! In which country do you apply?

Hello everyone,

I applied for the architecture programme 2021-2022. Today two of my friends who are also applying recieved an automated email saying that the next step is to upload the portfolio digitally and they have until January 6th to do so, but I haven't recceived such email nor have any messages in the Portal. I have already sent a message asking what's going on in the portal but still no response. I'm kinda freaking out. Is anybody in a similar situation? My application status appears as "Paper copies received".

12 minutes ago, Rexsalazar94 said:

Hello everyone,

I applied for the architecture programme 2021-2022. Today two of my friends who are also applying recieved an automated email saying that the next step is to upload the portfolio digitally and they have until January 6th to do so, but I haven't recceived such email nor have any messages in the Portal. I have already sent a message asking what's going on in the portal but still no response. I'm kinda freaking out. Is anybody in a similar situation? My application status appears as "Paper copies received".

Hey @Rexsalazar94, I've not received that notification either, I also have "paper copies received". 

I sent my printed portfolio with my application though, so I didn't expect them to require a digital portfolio.

Which country are you applying from?

24 minutes ago, JJ2888 said:

Hey @Rexsalazar94, I've not received that notification either, I also have "paper copies received". 

I sent my printed portfolio with my application though, so I didn't expect them to require a digital portfolio.

Which country are you applying from?

We are applying from Guatemala and the email said this:

"Dear applicant, you have applied for the Study Scholarship: Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture and submitted the portfolio of your work samples by post. As next step for your application, we kindly ask you to upload your portfolio of work samples in the media data base link that you will find below. Please submit your digital portfolio by January 6th, 2021. Your digital portfolio must be identical to the one you originally submitted with your application by post to the DAAD. 

Further instructions....

Please note: Applications whose digital portfolios do not meet the above-mentioned technical requirements or whose portfolios have been uploaded after the given deadline will not be further considered in the selection process.

Best regards, ST31, Latin America Section"

Hi all!!

I applied to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film in november too, and still waiting. I'm wondering when they send the results? I read in the PhD scholarship topic that they send about March or April?? So definitely we have to apply to the universities before hahaha living in uncertainty

18 hours ago, Rexsalazar94 said:

We are applying from Guatemala and the email said this:

"Dear applicant, you have applied for the Study Scholarship: Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture and submitted the portfolio of your work samples by post. As next step for your application, we kindly ask you to upload your portfolio of work samples in the media data base link that you will find below. Please submit your digital portfolio by January 6th, 2021. Your digital portfolio must be identical to the one you originally submitted with your application by post to the DAAD. 

Further instructions....

Please note: Applications whose digital portfolios do not meet the above-mentioned technical requirements or whose portfolios have been uploaded after the given deadline will not be further considered in the selection process.

Best regards, ST31, Latin America Section"

Hey Rexsalazar94,

I'm in the same situation, but I'm applying from Poland, also for the architecture studies, I didn't receive any email about uploading my portfolio to the system.

2 hours ago, thefoltyn said:

Hey Rexsalazar94,

I'm in the same situation, but I'm applying from Poland, also for the architecture studies, I didn't receive any email about uploading my portfolio to the system.

Hey @thefoltyn,

I still haven't received any reply from the DAAD and the regional offices (Costa Rica) told me they didn't know anything. I'll let you all know if they reply. 

I am applying for a scholarship for all master disciplines and got this today 

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme. Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. At a later stage in the proceedings, a preselection will be made on the basis of all written applications.All applicants who meet the requirements will be invited to attend a personal interview. The selection committee is meeting from 17/02/2021 to 18/02/2021. Because we are only able to inform you of the actual date at fairly short notice, we kindly ask you to keep this period free. Unfortunately, preferred appointment times cannot usually be considered for organisational reasons. Selection will occur exclusively online via video conference. To attend the video conference, please complete the form "Statement of attendance at the virtual selection meeting" which can be found in the DAAD portal under "Options – Video conference statement" and upload it to the same location in the portal by 21/12/2020 at the latest. Please inform us immediately if you wish to withdraw your application. We wish you luck with the upcoming selection procedure.

I AM FREAKING OUTTTTT and will die until February!

Best of luck for you all!

On 12/1/2020 at 1:24 PM, tomeu said:

Hello everyone!

Since I got some useful info about the application process last year in the thread about the last year's DAAD scholarship round, I am going to write a little bit here about my application this year, hope it will help someone in the future too.

I come from Europe and am applying for 1 year research grant for doctoral candidates. Deadline was November 16 for submission in the DAAD portal, afterwards I had to send hard copies to the dispatching national agency in my country. The DAAD contacted me few days after the deadline about some documents missing in my application (my mistake, forgot to attach one file) and asked me to correct it within 1 week, which I did and they immediately replied that my application is complete now.

As of today, the application status in the portal is 'Application submitted'.

I will keep posting updates about the progress.

Good luck everyone with your own applications!

Hey tomeu!

I'm also applying for the research grant (but just the one for 6 months). I've not received anything after the deadline on November 16. Only a summary of my application. Does this mean that my documents were complete? Attached is scheme about the decision making process which I've found on the DAAD website. According to this it takes approximately 2 months until we get an answer... I also will post updates about the progress. Thanks!

fitweltweit_entscheidungsprozess.pdf