DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

1 hour ago, pdrviana said:

Hello everybody, anyone has receive response from the scholarship for postgraduate studies in the fields of fine arts/design/film? My application still under "paper copies received" status. I was informed the results will be available in the first semester, but usually they are out by March...

best

Same, although I applied during the last days so maybe our applications haven't even been reviewed? Someone commented we should receive news in the next few days. Good luck!

Hi guys, also for me is rejenction (postgraduete studies in the field of music)? 

In the message that they have send, ther is written that they have chosen 24 students for 252 application. I have no idea of the number of people that apply (in this programme), can someone (with the same programm) says me if it is the same also in yours? To understand if this are in Italy or in world. Just for curiosity. Thank 

50 minutes ago, Pancio said:

Hi guys, also for me is rejenction (postgraduete studies in the field of music)? 

In the message that they have send, ther is written that they have chosen 24 students for 252 application. I have no idea of the number of people that apply (in this programme), can someone (with the same programm) says me if it is the same also in yours? To understand if this are in Italy or in world. Just for curiosity. Thank 

I'm so sorry for it... Please keep on trying and don't discourage!

Concerning your question, I'm pretty sure that they choose a reasonable amount of people for each country (like 50-100?). I've noticed that while checking their annual report. So maybe, that number (252) was related to Italy MA applicants only... But that's just a supposition. Maybe the report includes different programs too, like Phd and BA? I don't know :(

In a Facebook group, I've actually read that some Italian MA All Disciplines applicants haven't face the preselection interview yet... Daad Italia seems to be on a pretty late schedule comparing to other international offices.

I'm Italian too, but I've applied for DAAD GSSP Phd, which is a call directly managed by Daad offices in Bonn.

Edited by Cam31

1 minute ago, Cam31 said:

Concerning your question, I'm pretty sure that they choose a reasonable amount of people for each country (like 50-100?). I've noticed that while checking their annual report. So maybe, that number (252) was related to Italy MA applicants only... But that's just a supposition. Maybe the report includes different programs too, like Phd and BA? I don't know :(

In a Facebook group, I've actually read that some Italian MA All Disciplines applicants must still face the interview... Daad Italia seems to be pretty late comparing other international offices.

I'm Italian too, but I've applied for DAAD GSSP Phd, which is a call managed straight from Daad offices in Boon.

Thank you for your Reply! Honestly i don't know.. also because when i called daad office in rome they have said that for my programm (musik) they don't supervise, but it's all decided from daad in german 

2 minutes ago, Cam31 said:

In a Facebook group, I've actually read that some Italian MA All Disciplines applicants must face the interview yet... Daad Italia seems to be on a pretty late schedule comparing other international offices.

I'm Italian too, but I've applied for DAAD GSSP Phd, which is a call directly managed by Daad offices in Bonn.

Hey, since I have applied to the Masters All Disciplines, is this Facebook group specific for DAAD applicants? If so, could you tell me the name of the group? Anyway yes, Italian applicants for this specific programme are still waiting for news about the preselection ?

3 minutes ago, Martacapp said:

Hey, since I have applied to the Masters All Disciplines, is this Facebook group specific for DAAD applicants? If so, could you tell me the name of the group? Anyway yes, Italian applicants for this specific programme are still waiting for news about the preselection ?

Simply look for "Daad scholarships" on Facebook. Still, it is not so useful as this forum chat, but somehow I am getting a general overview of the worldwide situation.

8 hours ago, pdrviana said:

Hello everybody, anyone has receive response from the scholarship for postgraduate studies in the fields of fine arts/design/film? My application still under "paper copies received" status. I was informed the results will be available in the first semester, but usually they are out by March...

best

Hi there

I received a message from them on Tuesday saying we should hear from them in the next few days. 
I am from Brazil, I don’t know if it’s the same date for everyone. 
Where are you from?

Best of luck

People from ARTS, DESGIN & FILM have you received any news????????? I just got an email saying that as for the next step of my application I should upload some work samples I sent through post. My status still says "paper copies received" so maybe they haven't checked my application and they will do it virtually? Has anyone received a similar message? or another type of notification? does this mean I'm still in?? aaaa so confusing

13 minutes ago, nanap said:

People from ARTS, DESGIN & FILM have you received any news????????? I just got an email saying that as for the next step of my application I should upload some work samples I sent through post. My status still says "paper copies received" so maybe they haven't checked my application and they will do it virtually? Has anyone received a similar message? or another type of notification? does this mean I'm still in?? aaaa so confusing

From Viet Nam and I'm still waiting, lmao, however all of my admission are rejected =)), I don't know if I could get this scholarship and wait for the next semester =))

12 minutes ago, nanap said:

I've received the same message, and my status is still "preselection made". 

8 minutes ago, nichtsehrgut said:

I've received the same message, and my status is still "preselection made". 

I think maybe they are stil reveiwing our portfolios and instead of having a meeting to do that, they'll do it remotely?? I'd like to fantasize that this is some sort of "next phase". What makes me wonder is that your status and mine are different. Mine is "paper copies received" aaaaa

3 hours ago, Clarl said:

Hi there

I received a message from them on Tuesday saying we should hear from them in the next few days. 
I am from Brazil, I don’t know if it’s the same date for everyone. 
Where are you from?

Best of luck

Im also from Brazil, applying for film programmes. I sent my application back in september, so I'm not sure about the selection committee schedule. Can't wait for this answer.?

Good luck for all of us!

43 minutes ago, GA09 said:

Hello ! For Epos applicants Daad start sending award letters on the portal! I received mine today 

Congratulations, thats great news!!

Edited by Arn_shenzo

56 minutes ago, GA09 said:

Hello ! For Epos applicants Daad start sending award letters on the portal! I received mine today 

Congratulations! Which uni? My school told me to wait for a mail from the DAAD and i haven't gotten yet.

4 minutes ago, DejiUN said:

Congratulations! Which uni? My school told me to wait for a mail from the DAAD and i haven't gotten yet.

Thank You! TU Dresden 

keep waiting Hope you get a positive answer soon ! Always expect the best ! 

53 minutes ago, pdrviana said:

Im also from Brazil, applying for film programmes. I sent my application back in september, so I'm not sure about the selection committee schedule. Can't wait for this answer.?

Good luck for all of us!

Can’t wait anymore too! And my deadline was in November hahahah. Hopefully we will receive some answers this next few days. 

5 hours ago, Pancio said:

I am sorry to hear about that. :( I will let you know when I get information. Still hopelessly waiting for my turn. 24 students are really few. ?

10 minutes ago, subeko said:

I am sorry to hear about that. :( I will let you know when I get information. Still hopelessly waiting for my turn. 24 students are really few. ?

Ok thanks! yes, i didn't know what was usually the proportion, but 1/10, is few

On 3/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, andrew51 said:

I made it to the interview phase for the Master's Scholarship for all Academic Disciplines (scheduled for early April, Greece applicant). I've searched for resources on the Internet regarding the interview but what I've seen hasn't been that relevant, especially given the fact that most of these resources are pre - COVID.

Could anyone who jumped through the hoops of the interview inform us about what it's like?

I had an interview in the beginning of the month. It went quite well. They will start with basic questions like: why you chose that uni, program and Germany. But be prepared to  answer questions about your previous studies and master studies. Be confident and believe in yourself. If you wat I dont mind helping you prepare and have a trial interview. :)

28 minutes ago, Arli said:

I had an interview in the beginning of the month. It went quite well. They will start with basic questions like: why you chose that uni, program and Germany. But be prepared to  answer questions about your previous studies and master studies. Be confident and believe in yourself. If you wat I dont mind helping you prepare and have a trial interview. :)

Do you know whether the results are out?