School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

37 minutes ago, caitlynthomas said:

Hey guys!
I'm going to be honest I'm only applying to University of Minnesota because I plan to live there regardless... but I still am really really wanting to get in. 

Has anyone hear anything so far? I know interview day is early January so I'm thinking invitations should be sent soon and each day I don't hear I get more nervous! When I emailed the faculty member I want to work with she said that they had a "record number of applicants" this year. So I'm a bit nervous.

Anyone else? Anyone hear anything? 

I saw on twitter that a professor from the U of Oregon school Psychology PhD program said that their program received a 54% uptick in applicants from last year. 
I know a lot of programs waived the GRE which may have increased applicants. 

I would assume many programs will have increased applicants!

Good luck! 

Edited by komerj

On 10/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, mardou said:

Hi everyone! So happy someone made a forum like this. I have already applied to all of my programs (THANK GOD!) so now I just have to wait to hopefully hear back from a few of the programs that I applied to. It would be great to connect with anyone who plans to apply or has applied to the same programs as me!

University of Houston (PhD)

University of Florida (PhD)

Lehigh University (PhD)

Syracuse University (PhD)

Fordham University (PhD)

Tulane University (PhD)

Michigan State University (PhD)

Rutgers University (PsyD)

Best wishes to all of you!!

I applied to Syracuse and am working on my Fordham application as well! Any idea on when Syracuse will send out interview invites?

Hello everyone! Hope the application process is going as smoothly as it can for everyone. I have already submitted a couple of applications for EdS programs but am planning on applying to a couple more programs.

So far I have applied to:

Lewis and Clark College

University of Oregon

University of Washington, Seattle

Seattle University

Still finalizing which CA programs I will be applying to. Best of luck to everyone!

On 10/15/2020 at 2:04 PM, ctrsca said:

Hi everyone! I am new to this site, so I apologize if someone has already started this thread and I overlooked it, but I wanted to get a thread started for those of us who are currently applying to school psych programs. I hope the application process is going smoothly for everyone and I look forward to hearing about the programs you are interested in/any tips you might have.

Here are the programs I am applying to:

- University of Colorado Denver (PsyD)

- University of Northern Colorado (EdS)

- Lewis & Clark (EdS)

- Seattle University (EdS)

Any idea when Lewis and Clark College and Seattle University start sending out invitations/ notifications?

52 minutes ago, schoolpsychinprogress said:

I applied to Syracuse and am working on my Fordham application as well! Any idea on when Syracuse will send out interview invites?

Probably either next week or the first week of January. That seems like when most schools will send interview invites.

Hi! I applied to these doctoral programs in school psychology. Good luck to everyone!

University of Florida

University of South Florida

Florida International University (clinical child)

University of Georgia

University of North Carolina

UC Riverside

UC Santa Barbara

North Carolina State University

University of Virginia

On 12/7/2020 at 9:52 PM, komerj said:

Hi! I also applied to UW-Madison. 

I heard back from my POI on Friday inviting me to interview in January (She has my phone number from a previous phone call) 

She mentioned that the formal invites will come out this week so hopefully you will hear back soon too! 

Have you gotten the formal invite yet?

Hi all! I honestly had no idea about this website until today but I'm so happy to have found it! It's so exciting to see others who are going through the same thing I am-especially during this time of disconnect and isolation ?. I'm planning to apply to all EdS programs for the Fall 2021 school year. This will be my second time applying so I'm hoping for better luck this time!

Here's a list of the schools I am applying to:

UW-Madison

UW-River Falls

UW-Milwaukee

UW-Eau Claire

UW-Whitewater 

MSU

Loyola University 

Anyone else applying/already applied to any of these programs? I would love to connect and chat! Like I said, it would be nice to get to know some new people who are going through the same thing :)

On 10/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, rbailey said:

Hello! I'm also brand new to the site. :) Here are the school psych programs I'm currently planning to apply to, all EdS: 

University of Minnesota 

UW Eau Claire 

UW River Falls 

UW Stout 

U of Northern Colorado 

But this is not a concrete list yet! Also, does anyone know anything about the admissions stats for UNCO? Just to be safe, I want to add a couple schools with higher admissions rates to my list since U of M and all the UWs I listed seem to be fairly competitive based on their stats on NASP. For UNCO stats, NASP says they did not accept any people for the EdS or PhD program for the 2019 to 2020 cycle? So I am very confused haha 

I also am planning to apply to UW Eau Claire and UW River Falls. Have you completed either application yet? 

On 12/7/2020 at 5:58 PM, TheCatLady said:

Hello everyone!

I'm slowly beginning to work on my applications and they're already stressing me out. These are the schools I'm planning to apply to (all EdS):

Michigan State University

Grand Valley State University

Ball State University

Indiana State University

Easter Illinois University

Illinois State University 

Western Carolina University 

Francis Marion University

Winthrop University 

I am also planning to apply to MSU for their EdS program. Are you interested in Project Hi2LD that they just started this year?

On 10/20/2020 at 9:56 PM, potpie said:

The application process has been a bit rough when writing my statements and addressing critical issues because I've always had difficulty writing about my thoughts professionally... I'm getting there though! I am applying to:

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, UW Madison, University of Washington, San Diego State University, University of Arizona, University of Central Florida, George Mason University, New Mexico State University, and UNLV.

I know you posted this awhile ago, but I'm feeling jittery and need to talk to as many people as I can haha. I also applied to University of Minnesota, have you heard anything about interviews yet? I'm starting to get nervous but want to know if I should or shouldn't be anxious yet!

Just now, schoolpsychinprogress said:

Congrats! Was the invite from that faculty member or from the department as a whole?

My invite was from her, but she’s also co-director of the program so I’m not sure if she’s sending it to all applicants in that capacity or if she sent mine because I identified her as my POI on my application.

Edited by Louisey

26 minutes ago, Louisey said:

My invite was from her, but she’s also co-director of the program so I’m not sure if she’s sending it to all applicants in that capacity or if she sent mine because I identified her as my POI on my application.

That’s the same way it was with me. 
It looked like a departmental email but I could be wrong. 

I see on the results page that someone received a formal interview invite from Michigan State yesterday. I was wondering if that person could share who their POI is.. I was told by my POI to "pencil in" the interview date last week as the POI was going to recommend me to the department for an interview invite, but I am slightly concerned that I didn't receive a formal invite yesterday.

4 hours ago, gros8433 said:

I see on the results page that someone received a formal interview invite from Michigan State yesterday. I was wondering if that person could share who their POI is.. I was told by my POI to "pencil in" the interview date last week as the POI was going to recommend me to the department for an interview invite, but I am slightly concerned that I didn't receive a formal invite yesterday.

My POI is Courtnay Barrett, I hand an informal interview with her a couple weeks ago and she emailed me to schedule a formal interview with her. The process might be different for different POIs so don't worry too much about it.

Hi all,

I'm new to the thread but the schools I applied to for School Psychology PhDs are:

University of Maryland, Duquesne University, UMass Boston, Tulane University, University of South Florida, University of Virginia

I had applied to Temple Univ, but they told me a week before the deadline that the College of Ed no longer has enough funding to accept students for this cycle :( Did anyone else experience this with schools given the definite budgetary restrictions with the pandemic? I have not gotten any responses yet from any of my schools and it makes me worry about being able to get funding.

Good luck to everyone!

48 minutes ago, MoNils said:

Hi all,

I'm new to the thread but the schools I applied to for School Psychology PhDs are:

University of Maryland, Duquesne University, UMass Boston, Tulane University, University of South Florida, University of Virginia

I had applied to Temple Univ, but they told me a week before the deadline that the College of Ed no longer has enough funding to accept students for this cycle :( Did anyone else experience this with schools given the definite budgetary restrictions with the pandemic? I have not gotten any responses yet from any of my schools and it makes me worry about being able to get funding.

Good luck to everyone!

From what I’ve read and heard a lot of schools are taking longer this year to invite to interviews. I would assume it’s because of still trying to logistically figure out how interviewing and budget will work for an interview day this year... I wouldn’t worry about not hearing back yet. (At least that’s what I’m telling myself so I don’t freak out!!)