School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

Hi everyone! I am new to this site, so I apologize if someone has already started this thread and I overlooked it, but I wanted to get a thread started for those of us who are currently applying to school psych programs. I hope the application process is going smoothly for everyone and I look forward to hearing about the programs you are interested in/any tips you might have.

Here are the programs I am applying to:

- University of Colorado Denver (PsyD)

- University of Northern Colorado (EdS)

- Lewis & Clark (EdS)

- Seattle University (EdS)

Edited by ctrsca

Hello! I'm also brand new to the site. :) Here are the school psych programs I'm currently planning to apply to, all EdS: 

University of Minnesota 

UW Eau Claire 

UW River Falls 

UW Stout 

U of Northern Colorado 

But this is not a concrete list yet! Also, does anyone know anything about the admissions stats for UNCO? Just to be safe, I want to add a couple schools with higher admissions rates to my list since U of M and all the UWs I listed seem to be fairly competitive based on their stats on NASP. For UNCO stats, NASP says they did not accept any people for the EdS or PhD program for the 2019 to 2020 cycle? So I am very confused haha 

The application process has been a bit rough when writing my statements and addressing critical issues because I've always had difficulty writing about my thoughts professionally... I'm getting there though! I am applying to:

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, UW Madison, University of Washington, San Diego State University, University of Arizona, University of Central Florida, George Mason University, New Mexico State University, and UNLV.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:39 AM, rbailey said:

Hello! I'm also brand new to the site. :) Here are the school psych programs I'm currently planning to apply to, all EdS: 

University of Minnesota 

UW Eau Claire 

UW River Falls 

UW Stout 

U of Northern Colorado 

But this is not a concrete list yet! Also, does anyone know anything about the admissions stats for UNCO? Just to be safe, I want to add a couple schools with higher admissions rates to my list since U of M and all the UWs I listed seem to be fairly competitive based on their stats on NASP. For UNCO stats, NASP says they did not accept any people for the EdS or PhD program for the 2019 to 2020 cycle? So I am very confused haha 

Missing data is not uncommon on NASP's program information page. Though they didn't report how many students were accepted (the students they gave offers to), you know 13 first-year students accepted their offer and chose to attend. The odds are still better than the other schools you're applying to. 

Hi everyone!

I am applying to doctoral school psychology programs!

I am applying to much more than you might typically see as I am looking to move for graduate school with my fiancé who is applying to MSW programs. He has a gpa just above the cutoff and only some experience related to the field due to covid related setbacks. Trying to make sure we have the best chances of getting into programs in the same area, but either way it'll work out.  

While I have some favorites, I am applying to these schools currently! Order isn't by favorite. I'd love to connect with other PhD applicants applying to these schools as well! 

University of Cincinnati (PhD)

Ohio State (PhD)

Kent State (PhD)

Indiana University - Bloomington (PhD)

University of Wisconsin - Madison (PhD)

University of Maryland - College Park (PhD)

SUNY at Buffalo (PhD)

University of Massachusetts - Amherst (PhD)

University of Massachusetts - Boston (PhD)

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! So happy someone made a forum like this. I have already applied to all of my programs (THANK GOD!) so now I just have to wait to hopefully hear back from a few of the programs that I applied to. It would be great to connect with anyone who plans to apply or has applied to the same programs as me!

University of Houston (PhD)

University of Florida (PhD)

Lehigh University (PhD)

Syracuse University (PhD)

Fordham University (PhD)

Tulane University (PhD)

Michigan State University (PhD)

Rutgers University (PsyD)

Best wishes to all of you!!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I hope application season is going smoothly for you all! Here are the programs I am applying for: 

University of Oregon (PhD)

University of Washington (EdS)

Lewis and Clark (EdS)

Seattle University (EdS) 

Central Washington University (EdS)

Gonzaga University (EdS)

Would love to connect with any of you who are also looking at these PNW schools :)

Best of luck!

Hello, everyone! I'm also brand new to the site, but would love to connect with fellow applicants. Here are the PhD programs I have applied/am applying for:

University of Cincinnati 

Ohio State University

Georgia State University

University of Florida

University of Virginia

University of Maryland - College Park

University of Connecticut

Illinois State University

Lehigh University

Best of luck to everyone and stay safe and healthy in the mean time! :D

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS!

I'm applying to these PhD programs:

Fordham University

Syracuse University

University of Virginia

University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

University of Wisconsin

University of Minnesota - Twin Cities

University of Washington

University of California - Berkeley

University of California - Santa Barbara

On 10/20/2020 at 10:56 PM, potpie said:

The application process has been a bit rough when writing my statements and addressing critical issues because I've always had difficulty writing about my thoughts professionally... I'm getting there though! I am applying to:

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, UW Madison, University of Washington, San Diego State University, University of Arizona, University of Central Florida, George Mason University, New Mexico State University, and UNLV.

Applying to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Washington as well! PhD?

On 12/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, dmay96 said:

Hi everyone! I hope application season is going smoothly for you all! Here are the programs I am applying for: 

University of Oregon (PhD)

University of Washington (EdS)

Lewis and Clark (EdS)

Seattle University (EdS) 

Central Washington University (EdS)

Gonzaga University (EdS)

Would love to connect with any of you who are also looking at these PNW schools :)

Best of luck!

Applying to Washington as well, but to their PhD program!

Hello everyone!

I'm slowly beginning to work on my applications and they're already stressing me out. These are the schools I'm planning to apply to (all EdS):

Michigan State University

Grand Valley State University

Ball State University

Indiana State University

Easter Illinois University

Western Carolina University 

Francis Marion University

Winthrop University 

On 11/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, gros8433 said:

Just got all of my applications in!

Syracuse (PhD)

Tulane (PhD)

Michigan State (PhD)

Lehigh (PhD)

Buffalo (PhD)

Northeastern (PhD)

UMass Boston (PhD)

Hi! I’m a fellow applicant at Buffalo and Boston. 
The POIs I am interested in at both are

1.Dr Frederick /2. Dr Nickerson 
And 

1. Dr Bender / Dr. Daniels! 

Which POIs are you interested in working with? 

Good luck! 

On 12/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, k.lynn said:

Hello, everyone! I'm also brand new to the site, but would love to connect with fellow applicants. Here are the PhD programs I have applied/am applying for:

University of Cincinnati 

Ohio State University

Georgia State University

University of Florida

University of Virginia

University of Maryland - College Park

University of Connecticut

Lehigh University

Best of luck to everyone and stay safe and healthy in the mean time! :D

Hello! 
I am a fellow applicant who is also applying to UC, OSU and UMD. 

What POIs did you want to work with? 

At Ohio State I am super interested in Dr Radliff, while at Maryland I would love to work with Dr Wang. 

On 12/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, schoolpsychinprogress said:

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS!

I'm applying to these PhD programs:

Fordham University

Syracuse University

University of Virginia

University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

University of Wisconsin

University of Minnesota - Twin Cities

University of Washington

University of California - Berkeley

University of California - Santa Barbara

Hi! I also applied to UW-Madison. 

I heard back from my POI on Friday inviting me to interview in January (She has my phone number from a previous phone call) 

She mentioned that the formal invites will come out this week so hopefully you will hear back soon too! 

On 12/6/2020 at 2:53 PM, schoolpsychinprogress said:

Applying to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Washington as well! PhD?

I'm also applying to PhD at Minnesota! When I emailed I heard invitations for interview day come in "early December"... have you heard anything yet?

17 hours ago, komerj said:

I heard back from my POI on Friday inviting me to interview in January (She has my phone number from a previous phone call) 

She mentioned that the formal invites will come out this week so hopefully you will hear back soon too! 

WOW omg okay now I'm really nervous? Do you think they'll email rejections too or do they just not email you if you didn't get an interview?

Just tried to check my application page and it won't let me log in - keeps saying "an unknown error occurred" and I tried on different devices. Is that happening to anyone else? Could it mean they're updating the pages with results?!

Congrats on the interview btw!! That's so exciting!

30 minutes ago, schoolpsychinprogress said:

WOW omg okay now I'm really nervous? Do you think they'll email rejections too or do they just not email you if you didn't get an interview?

I’m not sure! I haven’t got the official email. It could just be that she called me beforehand since I already had contact with her. 

My portal doesn’t say anything yet. Just that my application is under review 

Edited by komerj

Hey guys!
I'm going to be honest I'm only applying to University of Minnesota because I plan to live there regardless... but I still am really really wanting to get in. 

Has anyone hear anything so far? I know interview day is early January so I'm thinking invitations should be sent soon and each day I don't hear I get more nervous! When I emailed the faculty member I want to work with she said that they had a "record number of applicants" this year. So I'm a bit nervous.

Anyone else? Anyone hear anything?