Help Finding Statistics/Research Methods Workshop

Vic1496

Hello everyone! 

My name is Vic (they/them) and I’m attempting to find a statistics and methods workshop to keep myself busy. I understand YouTube has plenty of informative videos but I find that I learn better when I’m interacting with the lecturer and other students in the class. If you have any suggestions please let me know! 

14 minutes ago, Vic1496 said:

Hello everyone! 

My name is Vic (they/them) and I’m attempting to find a statistics and methods workshop to keep myself busy. I understand YouTube has plenty of informative videos but I find that I learn better when I’m interacting with the lecturer and other students in the class. If you have any suggestions please let me know! 

This might not be appropriate, but have you tried taking a class at community college? You could try finding a relevant course at a university and ask the professor to audit the class. I think it depends on whether you're trying to learn something practical (e.g., using R) or informational (e.g., experiment designs). Do you have something specific in mind that you're trying to do?

https://youcangradschool.netlify.app/rworkshop/ I think this workshop has already started, but it could still be helpful. And they might do another series. If you want more of the conceptual background, I second coursera or local classes!

Edited by spring2000

32 minutes ago, PsychBear92 said:

This might not be appropriate, but have you tried taking a class at community college? You could try finding a relevant course at a university and ask the professor to audit the class. I think it depends on whether you're trying to learn something practical (e.g., using R) or informational (e.g., experiment designs). Do you have something specific in mind that you're trying to do?

Stats and research methods were requirements for my degree but I feel like I need a refresher. I’m hoping they’ll let me take a course at my local CC since I already did two years there before transferring to a 4 year and took stats. Good suggestion though! 

You could also enroll in post-bacc options at universities. I took a stats course at a university through their extension program. I enrolled in the one class and got a transcript and grade! Or, you could reach out to a professor, and audit the course if you do not want to pay.