MSW Applications UCLA, CSUN, CSULB, and CSULA (Fall 2021)

kycc

On 2/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, leilanib said:

Hi there! Congrats to you! You're gonna do amazing wherever you decide to go :)  May I ask, when did you apply to CSUF? 

Hi! Thank you! I applied January 15! 

for anyone waiting for ucla - i was lurking on the CA MSW FB group and saw comments that decisions can roll out for months and recently someone said that the admissions committee is meeting on march 16. the waiting game is so tough, but seeing this info made me feel a little better. hang in there y'all!!! 

3 hours ago, doievenknow said:

for anyone waiting for ucla - i was lurking on the CA MSW FB group and saw comments that decisions can roll out for months and recently someone said that the admissions committee is meeting on march 16. the waiting game is so tough, but seeing this info made me feel a little better. hang in there y'all!!! 

I saw that too. I wonder how the commenter knows about the meeting that the admissions committee is having. March 16th is pushing it, assuming that we are supposed to hear back by mid-March. *the wait continues*

1 minute ago, Ambugg said:

No not yet. Just the letter saying I Met university requirements and application was forwarded to MSW department. 

Same here. I also got that back in November when I applied. Hopefully they get back to us soon. 

Hey everyone, congrats to those receiving decisions! It's awesome to see people getting accepted, it makes me hopeful. I was wondering if anyone has applied to and/or heard back from CSUDH? I also applied to CSULA and see some people posting that they got a decision. Any info is helpful! Also if you have any other boards or groups that you can connect me to that are for CSU programs it'd be much appreciated.

On 2/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, poodlegirl said:

I applied on January 15th! I was expecting to hear back later since I applied on deadline day, but I currently attend CSULA so maybe that made a difference. 

Congrats!!! Did they just send an email or did anything in the portal / on GET change? I applied on 1/15 too and have heard nary a peep from them (besides confirming receipt of my official transcripts) and I'm slowly losing my mind. 

21 hours ago, nlr said:

Congrats!!! Did they just send an email or did anything in the portal / on GET change? I applied on 1/15 too and have heard nary a peep from them (besides confirming receipt of my official transcripts) and I'm slowly losing my mind. 

Thank you! I got my acceptance letter from Michelle via e-mail. When I checked GET afterwards my status hadn't changed so I wouldn't rely on that. I'm honestly really surprised I got accepted so early and I think it's because I'm a current student/involved with clubs on campus. Fingers crossed you hear back soon! 

2 minutes ago, poodlegirl said:

Thank you! I got my acceptance letter from Michelle via e-mail. When I checked GET afterwards my status hadn't changed so I wouldn't rely on that. I'm honestly really surprised I got accepted so early and I think it's because I'm a current student/involved with clubs on campus. Fingers crossed you hear back soon! 

Thank you so, so much for the details and background! I hadn't heard from anyone else who applied to CSULA so I was feeling a bit in the dark, haha. What an emotional rollercoaster this app season has been!  

Hello everyone, Congrats on those acceptance letters ! Best wishes to all ! 
just wanted to share that I received a denial from CSULA today, boo ! 
I have an interview for CSUF so I am hopeful (fingers crossed) 

I have not heard from CSUDH or CSULB yet .

On 3/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, Martinez20 said:

Hey everyone, congrats to those receiving decisions! It's awesome to see people getting accepted, it makes me hopeful. I was wondering if anyone has applied to and/or heard back from CSUDH? I also applied to CSULA and see some people posting that they got a decision. Any info is helpful! Also if you have any other boards or groups that you can connect me to that are for CSU programs it'd be much appreciated.

Hello ! 
I applied for CSUDH but I have not heard anything yet. I just received a rejection letter from CSULA today ? . Please let me know if you hear anything from CSUDH 

Congrats on all who’ve been accepted! 

anyone hear from CSUN yet? I interviewed with them but haven’t heard back. 

I was accepted in CSU San Bernardino MSW online program last Friday and have 30 days to accept it. But CSUN is my first choice and I’m wanting to her back from them first. Just nervous as I need to get CSUSB an answer

1 hour ago, Petra Lang said:

Hi everyone, 

I heard back from UCLA yesterday and got accepted for the 2 year fulltime program. I applied 1/15. I'm so happy 

congrats! i submitted 11/23... do you think this means i should assume rejection? trying to understand what an early deadline really means.. 

1 hour ago, msw222 said:

congrats! i submitted 11/23... do you think this means i should assume rejection? trying to understand what an early deadline really means.. 

hi! someone made a post about this in the MSW support group and a lot of people (who applied early) are in the same boat. there's still an admissions committee meeting march 16, so while it may be disheartening, we shouldn't assume the worst! sending you good vibes