MSW Applications UCLA, CSUN, CSULB, and CSULA (Fall 2021)

kycc

hi all, is anyone still waiting for a decision from ucla? i know they let out a huge wave of decisions last night and i've been nervously checking my portal and email but have not received anything. (also to those who did not receive the decision they wanted, i know y'all will go onto do great things and i wish the very best for you all. things will fall into place bit by bit :) ) 

i'm just super nervous and wish i could get an answer (whether it be ideal or not ideal) and move on with my life! this is especially excruciating because i only applied to one school. i can't believe i've been waiting since the last week of february for a decision and now march is almost over! :') 

1 hour ago, doievenknow said:

hi all, is anyone still waiting for a decision from ucla? i know they let out a huge wave of decisions last night and i've been nervously checking my portal and email but have not received anything. (also to those who did not receive the decision they wanted, i know y'all will go onto do great things and i wish the very best for you all. things will fall into place bit by bit :) ) 

i'm just super nervous and wish i could get an answer (whether it be ideal or not ideal) and move on with my life! this is especially excruciating because i only applied to one school. i can't believe i've been waiting since the last week of february for a decision and now march is almost over! :') 

I AM!!! the waiting game is killing me!!!  I check my email/portal every hour(even less lol). 

8 hours ago, doievenknow said:

Still waiting for UCLA & SDSU! There is hope for us, but the decisions going out in waves is excruciating ? we **should** hear back by the end of this week. I want this to be over so I know what to do with my life moving forward

Edited by Y0gi

yes and SDSU! on the Luskin Social welfare instagram they did a post saying "all decisions will be sent out by the end of next week.." so 6ish more days of pain...

Edited by MSW.K

25 minutes ago, MSW.K said:

yes and SDSU! on the Luskin Social welfare instagram they did a post saying "all decisions will be sent out by the end of next week.." so 6ish more days of pain...

I was surprised when ppl posed in the California MSW Facebook with acceptances to SDSU. I guess I'll hear back between now and June 5th (referenced in their FAQs). 

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone who's gotten acceptances from their schools! Hope you all got a chance to celebrate (safely) even a little bit! I'm still anxiously waiting for a response from CSUDH and will update as soon as I know. Best of luck to those of you also waiting~

6 hours ago, doievenknow said:

hi all, i just got rejected from ucla and found out through the portal. wishing the best for the rest of y'all!

Same. Once I saw an email that said to check the portal, I knew it would be a rejection. I don't feel anything, maybe it will hit me later.

I hope others who have applied get it!

10 hours ago, doievenknow said:

hi all, i just got rejected from ucla and found out through the portal. wishing the best for the rest of y'all!

5 hours ago, Y0gi said:

Same. Once I saw an email that said to check the portal, I knew it would be a rejection. I don't feel anything, maybe it will hit me later.

I hope others who have applied get it!

Same - got the email at like midnight. Bummer but was a long shot, as I'm a career changer in my thirties haha. 

Hope we get good news from other schools!! Crossing all my fingers for you both!!!! ?

After being rejected from UCLA and waitlisted to CSULA, I have received and accepted admission To the 2-year CSUN Tseng College online cohort! I interviewed with them earlier this month and awaiting the admission packet and a date for the fieldwork interview.

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten accepted to one or more programs! The waiting game was extremely painful but now I can plan my higher eduation journey for the next 2 years! We got this! 

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UCLA?? I know last Friday Luskin posted on their Instagram saying all decisions will be released by this Friday (tomorrow). Things are getting suspenseful since they're waiting until the last second...

3 hours ago, Carovee said:

After being rejected from UCLA and waitlisted to CSULA, I have received and accepted admission To the 2-year CSUN Tseng College online cohort! I interviewed with them earlier this month and awaiting the admission packet and a date for the fieldwork interview.

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten accepted to one or more programs! The waiting game was extremely painful but now I can plan my higher eduation journey for the next 2 years! We got this! 

Congratulations!!!! Good news ???

11 minutes ago, aqueeroz said:

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UCLA?? I know last Friday Luskin posted on their Instagram saying all decisions will be released by this Friday (tomorrow). Things are getting suspenseful since they're waiting until the last second...

Hang in there! I hope you get in and hear from them soon ?

In case anyone is still waiting to hear from CSU LA, I just spoke with the admissions person there and she let me know they  are extremely behind with application reviews and many decisions won't come out until late April. 

I got waitlisted for CSULA. They say they may call us in for interview. 

I also heard CSUF released their decision for the first wave of interviews, so check your portals/email if you interviewed already! 

3 hours ago, Sandyortiz said:

For anyone that has already interviewed with CSUF, have you gotten a response yet? I interviewed about 3 weeks ago and haven’t received any updates other than my app being sent to the department for review. 

I interviewed 3 weeks ago too and have just been waiting. It seems like the majority of people in the CA MSW facebook group are waiting too, but a few have been accepted ?

30 minutes ago, anonpenguin74 said:

I interviewed 3 weeks ago too and have just been waiting. It seems like the majority of people in the CA MSW facebook group are waiting too, but a few have been accepted ?

I’m in that group too! Yes, I noticed they accepted a handful on the 26th and then it’s been silent ever since. Someone mentioned they had two weeks to reply whether they will accept or decline their admissions offer, so hopefully we get answers soon too! I wonder if they are sending admissions in small waves. 

Hello Everyone, 

I just stumbled across this particular grade cafe page so I thought I would give an update  on my grad apps for SoCal. 

UCLA - Accepted March 3rd

SDSU - Denied April 7th 

I am wishing you all the best of luck on your college apps. 

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to update that I just got a response from CSUDH today. They emailed me with the choice to be waitlisted for the FT program or accepted into the PT program. They didn't specify a deadline to respond. Leaning towards taking my chances on the waitlist! Hope you all are getting good news~